v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #57

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Date: 2014-12-21
Present: Scott Devaney (sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker (ctnbeh13), Ian Haase (Ian), Kevin Pochat (Zukero)
Guests: none

The Project

News/Events:

Due to fluctuations in individual team member availability and free time, and in order to better document our meetings for our reference, as well as to share with the forum community, we have discussed and agreed to share in the responsibilities of writing, organizing, and publishing our meeting agenda document. The format of the meeting document has been changed in order to better serve these purposes. Hopefully, we will see if this works out better for everyone.

Server migration continues to be ongoing with testing of forum software and the implementation of security enhancements. So far, all is going well and looks promising for the transition to begin.

Ian recently had a Hangout with rijackson741. The meeting was pretty productive. Thanks to rijackson741, we have some guidelines for tweaking all the weapons in the game. The current path of proposed change modifies the damage per round (the amount of damage inflicted before the opponent attacks again) to be equal for every weapon type, depending on the first level of its acquisition. The critical skill still needs to be included into the calculations, and then rijackson741 and Ian will work to assign an average level of the first acquisition of a particular item. Finally, this should conclude the weapons portion. This will be one in a series of related updates and adjustments that should provide better balance to the overall game play experience.

Progress of adding to the main quest storyline is continuous. However, other tasks and events are more important than that one for now, and therefore are being given more priority. We are trying to also make time for our friends and family during this holiday season. Additional items need to be balanced and tweaked before we proceed further with the deeper evolution of the main quest. This project, nor any aspect of it, has been abandoned. Ian will be dividing the main quest document (where all of our currently pending story and ideas are recorded) into several, more organized ones, to weed out rejected material and add/update some new.

The Game

News/Events:
ohforf271828 has recognized that the Magic Finder skill won’t apply to the Gem of Warmth because it is not an extraordinary item. This will be changed in an upcoming version as we discuss further the potential intent of the gem being a quest item, and therefore not factored as reported.

Also up for further discussion is an ocean or sea portion being added to the map that will provide a bay area, possibly introduced to the north of Feygard to create a part of the world’s boundary. To the south of Nor City, a large mountain ridge could be located. We will see ...

The Bugs

Nothing new here… :)

The Future

Planned team member’s activities:

Kevin: Optimize personal programming environment and systems. Compile a new development build for version v.0.7.2.
rijackson741 and Ian: Begin to tweak all items and apply the guidelines to them.
Scott and Kevin: Continue with the forum and server migration.
Stephen: Continue to write and make time to organize/upgrade personal workstation and area.

Everybody: Contribute to the storyline of the main quest (side quests too), and later, test the new development build.

Current plans for next version(s):

As is still our goal and intent, the next version of Andor’s Trail, will be a development build that we will be testing.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #57

Post by Duke »

"Ian recently had a Hangout with rijackson741. The meeting was pretty productive. Thanks to rijackson741, we have some guidelines for tweaking all the weapons in the game. The current path of proposed change modifies the damage per round (the amount of damage inflicted before the opponent attacks again) to be equal for every weapon type, depending on the first level of its acquisition. The critical skill still needs to be included into the calculations, and then rijackson741 and Ian will work to assign an average level of the first acquisition of a particular item. Finally, this should conclude the weapons portion. This will be one in a series of related updates and adjustments that should provide better balance to the overall game play experience."
This is FANTASTIC news! I mean, it is all good, but this little nugget is awesome. Thank you everyone for your hard work.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
richard_621
android_version: 2.2

Post by richard_621 »

I am in dire need of the map update.would like to try the prototype 0.7.2 as soon as its availible.i had a few sugjestions.i find it frustrating that equipment from major boss battles is worse that the stuff i get at shops.also if there was a way to upgrade our favorate armor and weopons that would be nice.i can use an arena to train my guys up for harder missions.and maby adding an option for a bow or some other ranged weapon.sorry for typos as my fone is broken.i realy want to link my game to an account so if i change devices i don't have to start all over.as of now i have nothing to do on the game.i completed all that was there to do.there is one worm cave north of fallhaven that has some rope i can not pull out.states this is an adventure for another day.also a house west of fallhaven has a force feild on the door.can't get in.come on man this is part of the existing map.what gives?overall it is a very well made game i enjoy to play.i just want the map opened up a little more.at least feygaard and nor city.and the place where the heartstones are located.that should keep us buisy for a little longer
Thekingomar
android_version: 4.0

Post by Thekingomar »

Thats a great news I can't wait untill V0.7.2 is released. :D

Thanks for everyone in the team
Lollypoput
android_version: 2.2

Post by Lollypoput »

I agree with Richard. When you realize that the Gutsplitter, a weapon obtained after a kill quest is more proficient in sweeping through the more defensively orientated enemies than the Sword of Shadow's rage does. It feels weird when you burn through 100+ bonemeal travelling between Prin and Blackwater Mountain just to get a mediocre blade.
Unocathillious
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Unocathillious »

A year and some months since an update. I heard several people saying you have a life and can't so it, why not have people who want to volunteer to do it? I'm certified hex, c++, INTEL script, scripting. Would do it for free? And I've seem several other people who said they would for free as well.. why is the help not taken?
Hąđəş
Lvl: 64, XP: 4856810, Gold: 327018 RoLS: 3, ElyR: 2, RoL: 3, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 3, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 2, WMC: 1, GoW: 3
HP: 198, AC: 307%, AD: 50-61, AP: 4, ECC: 12%, CM: -, BC: 18%, DR: 1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Unocathillious wrote:A year and some months since an update. I heard several people saying you have a life and can't so it, why not have people who want to volunteer to do it? I'm certified hex, c++, INTEL script, scripting. Would do it for free? And I've seem several other people who said they would for free as well.. why is the help not taken?
you are always welcome to help but you have to make efforts, maybe you can make some maps which are really needed. further you can contact developers if they need a hand. you can also try to implement the questlines that are already on forum. this will be huge if done nicely.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Unocathillious
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Unocathillious »

ace wrote:
Unocathillious wrote:A year and some months since an update. I heard several people saying you have a life and can't so it, why not have people who want to volunteer to do it? I'm certified hex, c++, INTEL script, scripting. Would do it for free? And I've seem several other people who said they would for free as well.. why is the help not taken?
you are always welcome to help but you have to make efforts, maybe you can make some maps which are really needed. further you can contact developers if they need a hand. you can also try to implement the questlines that are already on forum. this will be huge if done nicely.
Ok..? I would need the graphics for the maps, and ect. And whatever is used to place creatures, ect. Tons of background information. Even just now you basically said do it. But with what material was I given to do it with? Are you implying I just make my own stuff and give it to you and say what's up? Like it? Or...?
Last edited by Zukero on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No swearing please
Hąđəş
Lvl: 64, XP: 4856810, Gold: 327018 RoLS: 3, ElyR: 2, RoL: 3, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 3, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 2, WMC: 1, GoW: 3
HP: 198, AC: 307%, AD: 50-61, AP: 4, ECC: 12%, CM: -, BC: 18%, DR: 1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

All you need to know (and then some more) can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

you can find a detailed text on how to contribute by Zukero here.

and andora trail content editor.

the already ingame content directory.

and you can also send your ideas on github at andors trail project page.

I hope these links will help you to get started and hopefully you will use more polite language next time. :)

edit: zukero is real fast. he got his post before I can post. now I understand you Melarec. :lol:
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail