v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #57

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Sparqui
android_version: 4.2

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #57

Post by Sparqui »

Keep going! I'm still playing and having fun with this.
Backing over mailboxes since 2005.
Creeper0629
android_version: 2.2

Post by Creeper0629 »

At this point I have ran through the game so many times I can beat what's there in a day.I have been waiting for at least a complete map update sence like 2012,2013ish.I'm not trying to be critical,but it seems as if a decent size group started this,and can't finish it in a few YEARS?I swear if I knew how I'd do it my self.music and sound would be a thoughtful touch.not hard to add some sound,game developers have done this from day one.realy,this is basic stuff.not trying to be rude but I hate haveing a game I like and can't finish.drives me nuts.if I didn't like it so far I wouldn't even be writing this.I hear y'all on being buisy.that's life.but it has been way to long now to use that as an excuse.sooner its done the sooner you stop getting buged over it.just saying.add a system to upgrade existing gear and a battle arena would be nice.if I can't finish the game yet then I at least should have a way to train my guy more effectively. But mostly just open the dumb map.fill in the quest story lines later if it's that hard for you people but at least throw us a complete map update.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I hate haveing a game I like and can't finish.drives me nuts.
Hey, this I take personally! :o
Nut
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Well, this game was created by a team of one. Dunno if you'd call that a decent size. Last content update was indeed a long time ago: July 2013.
Since then, the creator left without notice and we had a hard time picking up the pieces. As you said, we have a life, and three of us decided to keep it up, even though we originally planned to only be occasional contributors, letting Oskar do the heavy lifting. So we needed time to organize the team, to understand what needs to be done, to recreate the equivalent of what was only in Oskar's head, to understand the half done contributions that were hanging here and there, and to get to work.
This project involves no money, and we plan to keep having fun doing it, as much as we had fun playing it before becoming contributors.
Trust me, there's nothing easy in creating a consistent and interesting world, especially from random contributions made by people who all have a different vision.

I understand your frustration, but we favor quality over quantity, and will do our best to make the next release worth the wait. There's just no way we'll release a quick sketch of a large map, half done, with no content in. We take our time because we need it. There's no need to be vocal, it won't change anything.

If you have ideas or opinions, we'll be glad to discuss them. Ranting, however, is a waste of time, yours and ours.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Firefly84

Post by Firefly84 »

I really like to help with your game, not only with translating it to German. Perhaps with creating and testing new quests and and the main story line with texting. Please no programming, I tried it with a rpg maker once before my last harddrive broke. I love to play or test it, but not make it!
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Post by tom1250tom »

Is there an ETA for the next update though? Even a rough guess just to give some hope for people.
Even if only one new quest it would re-ignite and sustain passions for this game.
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Post by tom1250tom »

A simple "no there is no eta for next update" would work just the same as your answer
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

ctnbeh13 wrote:I really thought that the community would be genuinely interested in more information about what's going on through a simple systematic process...
I wholeheartedly agree. I think that in the past the project meeting posts achieved this, but since the meetings stopped so have the regular posts. This leaves the impression that nothing is happening, even if that's not the case. Aside from the fact that users assume the game development is dead because there's no information to indicate otherwise, it's also disheartening for any potential contributors. Despite what some people seem to think, creating content is actually a lot of work, and who wants to do that work if they are not sure if the result of their efforts will ever see the light of day? I speak from personal experience on this point. The first post in this thread notes that I developed some guidelines for weapon damage that should make all weapons viable options for play, regardless of the attack cost (I won't get into the details, but that was a lot of work). Well, I haven't stopped working on that. I have resolved the issue of CS, and now need to assign an average level for the first acquisition of a particular item (I'm going to need help from other players to do that). However, I admit that I have been only working very slowly on it. Partly that's because, like others, I have a lot of other things to do (in my case, the most pressing is getting a tech startup to the point of long term survival), but it's also partly due to a lack of motivation, because I have to wonder when, or even if, what I am doing will ever be in a release.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
WheresAndor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by WheresAndor »

Just joined the forums to let you guys know that there ARE people who love this game and are excited to see where it is going! I'd be willing to bet good money that you could build a cult following like TOME's if you rebuild your momentum. Please keep up the AMAZING work! I want to find out what happens next!
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Hello WheresAndor, and welcome to the forums.
Thanks for the praise and support !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2