v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Current Status, Roadmap and General News - Updated 2020/05/09

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Current Status, Roadmap and General News

Post by Zukero »

It is neither coded nor planned yet. However, it should be possible. I'll have to look into it though, because the easy way to do it will most likely generate memory issues, as the game would initialize a buffer that has 4 times the pixels.
I don't think it'll be for the next version though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Ok, sounds good. Thanks!
Voom
tektek10
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by tektek10 »

Hi, have you tried putting this on patreon or kickstarter ... it would be amazing if the project is crowdfunded .. and it might speedup things ... also giving patreon contributors to see the development of this game ... I have a phone which can play dragon nest but I still prefer playing this game ... the story and game mechanics is so simple i dont even got tired of playing this ... wish you could consider my suggestion ...

PS. do you think it might get developed to a better looking graphics in the future? not high end but the kind that looks like zelda in gameboy advanced
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Thanks for the support tektek10, and welcome to the forums.

We like to keep money out of the way. We do this for fun on our very scarce spare time. Involving money would create justified expectations from the patrons and counterproductive pressure on the dev team.

Higher quality graphics could be nice, but even simply doubling the sprite resolution (or even remake them all ourselves to add consistency) is out of our league. We use 1000+ 32x32 sprites IIRC, and while many of us can make basic edits to them, we don't have a resident pixel artist.

However, I improved the rendering engine and gave the whole UI a new face. You can check it out yourself thanks to the public alpha (IIRC there's a link in the opening post of this thread). Just make sure to read the instructions, and don't overwrite your saves.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Perhaps we can raise money to hire a professional pixel artist for only one month and that person could do certain decided-upon improvements to our graphics. But at the same time, the graphics we use is a style. These days we have new pixel games everywhere.
Voom
Aaron-Fawcett1
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Aaron-Fawcett1 »

I pray everyday for a update to come soon
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Tektek, as one of the closest people this game has to a resident pixel artist, I'm telling you that making artwork for this game is difficult because the guys are quite picky (but not impossible) to work with. Though not in a bad way.

Aaron-Fawcett1: Hold your horses, it'll be out soon.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Updated opening post to reflect the recent merge of two large batches of content, codenamed Graveyard and Guynmart.

There's only Stoutford left to finish before starting final regression testing and bug hunting. Can you feel it in the air? I sure do!
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Zukero wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:55 pm Can you feel it in the air? I sure do!
I thought I could smell something a while back ........................but that was the wife's catheter by-passing. :roll:

DN has fitted a new one now, but the ring on the wife's posterior may be there for a few days (sit on the commode for four hours was the only solution). :shock:
See the puppies scatter.
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Oooooh!!! Not comfortable.

As for the update, yeah... I can feel it in my bones!
That may just be the arthritis. :ugeek:
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4