We are almost there.
After over 4 and a half years, we are almost ready to publish a new version of Andor's Trail to the wide world.
But before unleashing the beast to the masses, we want to give you a chance to test it first, and tell us what goes wrong, what feels wrong, and what you love the most in this upcoming version.
But before I give you the link you're waiting for, here are a couple of warnings. Make sure to read it, and to understand it!
- DON'T OVERWRITE YOUR SAVES!
- If you overwrite your save, the new save will be tainted as "beta", and unusable in the Google Play version. Just save to a new slot.
- There's a known issue about the worldmap being incorrect or incomplete when using old saves. Just visit the area again to have it displayed correctly. I'm looking into what I can do about that.
- If you have an alpha or F-Droid version installed, you'll have to uninstall it first. This beta version should install correctly over the Google Play version though.
- If you had to uninstall before installing this one, make sure to check the "Preferences" screen in order to set them again to your liking.
- Did I mention that you shall not overwrite your old saves ?
After downloading and installing (I'm assuming you know or will find how to do it, otherwise, it's probably a good idea to wait for the Google Play version), we'd like you to tell us how your exeprience was. Please include the following information too:
- Device brand and model (Samsung SM-G950 is more interesting than "Galaxy S8" for example).
- Your settings in "preferences".
- Your device's language.
What you can, and should, do:
- Try your old saves, report if any progress is lost, or any kind of weird stuff (like a unique NPC reappearing while it was dead in the GPlay version)
- Try a new game, progress as far as you can, and report any issues, bugs or weirdness.
- Torture the game as much as you like, and give some feedback!
Thanks a lot for waiting this long, and for all your support and encouraging messages.
This community is what keeps Andor's Trail alive, what keeps the dev team motivated.
Keep it up!