v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[closed]Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Adahn
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Post by Adahn »

I played ... tested some more :D

UI/Mechanics:
  1. When I sort the inventory by category, select an item that's a little down the list and then close the description, the list jumps back to the top.
  2. I find the sort order 'Rarity' odd: rare, extraordinary, legendary, quest, regular.
    Shouldn't regular items be first? It's like 2,3,4,5,1 now.
  3. When I try to flee from a fight in the upper part of the screen I cannot reach all empty spaces. Some are behind the text. Sometimes the text moves down, or disappears when I click it, but I still cannot go everywhere (tested in snake and gargoyle cave).
  4. The critical hits from the off hand weapon don't work. When I have a weapon without CH in the main hand and one with CH in the off hand, I never land a CH. The combat stats show CH skill, critical multiplier and ECC, though (tested with Balanced steel sword and Flagstone's pride).
  5. In some dialogs I can hit the text next to a radio button and select that answer. In other dialogs the whole area with the answers gets selected shortly, but no radio button and I have to try and hit the radio button more precisely.
6. Cave (Just the beginning): 'You discovered a hidden room' was shown when I already left the room. By then I had figured it out myself ;)

Text/Quests/Story:
Note: My english is not too bad, but it is still a secondary language. So the following are just suggestions. Don't hesitate to discard them, if you know better.
  1. Some helmets are called 'helm', like the 'Steel helm' or the 'Combat helm'. Isn't a helm rather something you steer a ship by or did I get my vocab wrong?
  2. Quest log: Lost girl...: 'The little daughter of Odirath the amorer was missed since several days now.' sounds weird, I'd suggest '...has been missing for severeal days now'.
  3. Yolgen: 'While Erwyn and Emeric fought to capture OF the central area,...' should be rather 'capture the central area' or 'fought over the central area'
  4. Quest log: Stoutford's old castle: '.., but after the war Lord Erwyn and his army was crushed, the castle was sacked ...',
    1. There are two parties (Lord Erwyn and his army) which is why I think it should be 'were crushed'.
    2. Altogether it sounds weird somehow. I guess you're trying to describe their state rather than an event. But since the following (sacked, extinguished) are actions/events it sounds like they survived the war, but when it was over they were crushed? Wasn't that an act of war proving that it was not over? I might be totally off on this one, but would suggest 'crushed in the war'.
      => 'but in the Nobles war Lord Erwyn and his army were crushed'
  5. Quest log: Colonel Lutarc, Lost girl...: everything is 'you did this, you did that' instead of 'I did...' like in most other quests.
  6. Quest log: Although Andor was definetly in Stoutford, the main quest is not updated as in Loneford or Guynmart Castle. I haven't figured out how to start 'thorns of vengeance' yet. Maybe it gets added after that, but he had everything to do with 'Rumblings' so I'd vote for adding an entry to the main quest after finishing that.
  7. Quest 'Suprise': When I talk to Halvor the second time near Remgard, he greets me with 'Did you change your mind? Care to help me find a pair of bones?...' Even when I ended the conversation with 'I'll look around.' before - kind of inconsistant.
  8. I can tell Yolgen 'I dealt with Erwyn's army.' even though I haven't. The dialog just ends after that.
  9. South of the dried lake: 'You have found a hatchway...' Wouldn't 'trapdoor' be better? Hatchways are rather on ships or do I need to put a 'helm' on to open it? ;)
Is there gonna be another beta, so the changes and fixes can be tested as well?

You guys hinted, that there are some new items to grind for. Could you point us in the right direction? That stuff needs to be tested too, right? ;)
Nordom (Lvl 61) looking for a mighty dragon
XP:4161000 AP:12/3 HP:172 AC:333 AD:37-52 CHS:33 CM:2.0 ECC:20% BC:129 DR:6

Xachariah died with the beta :cry:

Vhailor (Lvl 26) first Feygard fanboy
XP:327320 AP:10/4 HP:57 AC:128 AD:10-14 BC:84 DR:12
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am UI/Mechanics:
1. When I sort the inventory by category, select an item that's a little down the list and then close the description, the list jumps back to the top.
I also see this, and find it annoying. I don't think I'll have time to fix it before the release though.
Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 2. I find the sort order 'Rarity' odd: rare, extraordinary, legendary, quest, regular.
Shouldn't regular items be first? It's like 2,3,4,5,1 now.
When you want to sort by rarity, you're certainly more interested in rare items than in regular ones. I'd say legendary, extraordinary, rare, quest, regular would be more natural. I'll look into it.

Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 3. When I try to flee from a fight in the upper part of the screen I cannot reach all empty spaces. Some are behind the text. Sometimes the text moves down, or disappears when I click it, but I still cannot go everywhere (tested in snake and gargoyle cave).
I think I know what you mean. The combat UI on top prevents you from clicking on the game area beneath it, right?
I so, that's indeed something we'll have to improve. That was already the case with the old UI I think, so at least it's not a new bug. I don't think this will be fixed for the next release either.

Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 4. The critical hits from the off hand weapon don't work. When I have a weapon without CH in the main hand and one with CH in the off hand, I never land a CH. The combat stats show CH skill, critical multiplier and ECC, though (tested with Balanced steel sword and Flagstone's pride).
Weird. I'll look into it.
Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 5. In some dialogs I can hit the text next to a radio button and select that answer. In other dialogs the whole area with the answers gets selected shortly, but no radio button and I have to try and hit the radio button more precisely.
Indeed, when you hit the 1px line between options (or the ~10px line above the first option), you can see a flash denoting the focus taken (and abandoned) by the options container. On my device, this changes nothing about the precision on further taps. As long as you are within the rectangle encompassing the radio button and the text (extended to the right, until a few px before the border), it selects the option.
Could you screenshot the dialogs where you feel this issue arises ?
Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am Text/Quests/Story:
1. Some helmets are called 'helm', like the 'Steel helm' or the 'Combat helm'. Isn't a helm rather something you steer a ship by or did I get my vocab wrong?
Medieval "helmets" are called helms. Like on a knight's armor.

Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 5. Quest log: Colonel Lutarc, Lost girl...: everything is 'you did this, you did that' instead of 'I did...' like in most other quests.
This has been changed since.

Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 7. Quest 'Suprise': When I talk to Halvor the second time near Remgard, he greets me with 'Did you change your mind? Care to help me find a pair of bones?...' Even when I ended the conversation with 'I'll look around.' before - kind of inconsistant.
I'll look into it.
Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am Is there gonna be another beta, so the changes and fixes can be tested as well?
We are planning on building a "Release Candidate", so more polished than a beta. As a matter of fact, unless there's a major issue with the RC, it will go straight to Google Play.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Adahn
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Adahn »

Zukero wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm When you want to sort by rarity, you're certainly more interested in rare items than in regular ones. I'd say legendary, extraordinary, rare, quest, regular would be more natural. I'll look into it.
Sounds great :)
Zukero wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm
Adahn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am 5. In some dialogs I can hit the text next to a radio button and select that answer. In other dialogs the whole area with the answers gets selected shortly, but no radio button and I have to try and hit the radio button more precisely.
Indeed, when you hit the 1px line between options (or the ~10px line above the first option), you can see a flash denoting the focus taken (and abandoned) by the options container. On my device, this changes nothing about the precision on further taps. As long as you are within the rectangle encompassing the radio button and the text (extended to the right, until a few px before the border), it selects the option.
Could you screenshot the dialogs where you feel this issue arises ?
Ok, I get it. Must have hit the same spot on the 1px line over and over again :oops:
Zukero wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm We are planning on building a "Release Candidate", so more polished than a beta. As a matter of fact, unless there's a major issue with the RC, it will go straight to Google Play.
Perfect Image
Nordom (Lvl 61) looking for a mighty dragon
XP:4161000 AP:12/3 HP:172 AC:333 AD:37-52 CHS:33 CM:2.0 ECC:20% BC:129 DR:6

Xachariah died with the beta :cry:

Vhailor (Lvl 26) first Feygard fanboy
XP:327320 AP:10/4 HP:57 AC:128 AD:10-14 BC:84 DR:12
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

I am encountering the issue with the dialogeboxes quite often too, and it makes the game feel a bit buggy.
But i really love the new feeling while walking - it makes the game really worth a new release! Even if the encounting of an enemy sometimes is a bit odd.
I guess that typos in conversations/questlogs/translations could be changed quite easily but atm i dont have time to make myself a todolist for that:/

Btw. Could someone with a working git-setup could do a pull request with the maps i edited (link in previous post)
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Moerit wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 pm Here are some maps with fixed shadows and mountain edges
Corrections
What did you change? I checked a couple of them (e.g. waytolake9) and couldn't see any differences.

Edit: I found some changes in some maps.I'll have to look through them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

I only made minor changes. So i corrected some shadows. Furthermore i moved some top left and top right cliff-edges into the above-layer and put a transition tile (trail_1) underneath it to get a better contrast (like there is in BWM).
Thats all i did. Didnt made any changes to other things in the map ( well ok... maybe i changed the visibility of some layers-but im unsure if those settings even get saved)
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
GLOOSCAP3
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by GLOOSCAP3 »

Hoping for a release before samhain. 😆
CUCHULAINN
Level~ 481
HP~ 626
Xp~ 2,040,560,,770
AP~ 12
AP cost~ 3
AC~ 496
Ad~ 418-431
Critical hit skill 32
Bc~ 502
Rols~ 8
Damage resistance~10.
Thalanor
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Thalanor »

Samhain, which year? Sorry..... i couldn´t resist....
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Damn, you are learning...
:shock:
Nut
GLOOSCAP3
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by GLOOSCAP3 »

Could be the year of the rat. Or the snake. But alas when all phones are only doing vr

I forget where do you get wine at

Dumb observation. You said you can't keep your items. If you play the original and don't he early betas then upgrade the play store then do this version you are able to keep your items if you click continue. Will this work the same way you think

We're does the lost girl get reset I found the helmet but lost her lol

For the life of me I found the other stuff when I started over where is the wood settlement at
CUCHULAINN
Level~ 481
HP~ 626
Xp~ 2,040,560,,770
AP~ 12
AP cost~ 3
AC~ 496
Ad~ 418-431
Critical hit skill 32
Bc~ 502
Rols~ 8
Damage resistance~10.