v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.6!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.6!

Post by rijackson741 »

We are almost ready to publish a new version of Andor's Trail to the wide world.

But before unleashing the beast to the masses, we want to give our dedicated forum members a chance to test it first, and tell us what is wrong, what feels wrong, and what you llke in the new material.

But before I give you the link you're waiting for, here are some warnings. Make sure to read them, and to understand them!

DON'T OVERWRITE YOUR SAVES!
If you overwrite your save, the new save will be tainted as "beta", and unusable in the Google Play version. Just save to a new slot.
You'll have to uninstall the Google Play version first.
Make sure to check the "Preferences" screen in order to set them again to your liking.
Did I mention that you should not overwrite your old saves ?

So, it's now time for me to give you THE LINK. Here it is: static/AndorsTrail_v076_beta2.apk

Where to go to find the new material? Go chat to some people in the Thieves guild. There are three new quests. Aside from bug fixes, nothing else, so don't look for it.

After downloading and installing (I'm assuming you know or will find how to do it, otherwise, it's probably a good idea to wait for the Google Play version), we'd like you to tell us how your exeprience was. Please include the following information too:
- Device brand and model (Samsung SM-G950 is more interesting than "Galaxy S8" for example).
- Your settings in "preferences".
- Your device's language.

What you can, and should, do:
- Try your old saves, report if any progress is lost, or any kind of weird stuff (like a unique NPC reappearing while it was dead in the GPlay version)
- Try a new game, progress as far as you can, and report any issues, bugs or weirdness.
- Torture the game as much as you like, and give some feedback!

Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.6!

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I haven't started a new game, but based off of my old one i love the new story lines I will try and start over and see if there is issues. Just wanted to say it's good so far
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
extrashady

Post by extrashady »

Playing on a Pixel 3 in English and everything seems completely stable. Optimized drawing and high quality filters enabled with no apparent bugs. Playing from a totally completed save from the previous version I only noticed a couple of bugs in the new quests.

Story spoiler follows:
The Rutheless Crackshot: After the fight with Crackshot if you check the door and the key doesn't fit it triggers a script event when you leave the room that causes a dialog with "dying crackshot". Visiting the exit again will trigger the same dialog event so you can watch crackshot die an infinite number of times.
One other thing I thought was a little odd (more spoiler):
The entrance to the cave to Crackshot is shown before you actually get to that part of the quest. I happened to see it and tried to enter and the entrance just doesn't do anything. Not a huge deal, but it was a little confusing. Maybe add a dialog "some sort of hole here... I don't have time for this right now" or something.
Overall impression w/ Spoilers:
So far I really like it and I'm super psyched to see updates to this awesome game I finished 3 thieves guild quests so I think I'm at the end. Now I just want to know what the deal with that key is... Also that day to night mechanic is pretty slick. I think that could have a future in other places. Maybe rest until night as an option in certain beds which has alternate sneaky quests or maybe alternate mobs that would only be out at night.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Great work! This is exactly why we ask our forum members to take a look before we push it to the masses on Google Play :D
extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm Playing on a Pixel 3 in English and everything seems completely stable. Optimized drawing and high quality filters enabled with no apparent bugs. Playing from a totally completed save from the previous version I only noticed a couple of bugs in the new quests.

Story spoiler follows:
The Rutheless Crackshot: After the fight with Crackshot if you check the door and the key doesn't fit it triggers a script event when you leave the room that causes a dialog with "dying crackshot". Visiting the exit again will trigger the same dialog event so you can watch crackshot die an infinite number of times.
Oops! Entertaining perhaps, but certainly not what was intended! We will fix this. Thanks for finding it.

extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm One other thing I thought was a little odd (more spoiler):
The entrance to the cave to Crackshot is shown before you actually get to that part of the quest. I happened to see it and tried to enter and the entrance just doesn't do anything. Not a huge deal, but it was a little confusing. Maybe add a dialog "some sort of hole here... I don't have time for this right now" or something.
Yes, good point. We will think of something for this.

extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm Overall impression w/ Spoilers:
Now I just want to know what the deal with that key is...
I'm not sure what you mean.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
extrashady

Post by extrashady »

Story spoiler:
The key to that door gets removed from inventory by Umar at the end of the quest leading to a mysterious interaction and Crackshot said it was cursed by "her". There is an inaccessible part of the jail blocked by a gate where you take your kidnapping victim, which looks similar to the gate in Crackshot's lair. The lore is expanding and I need to know what's happening!
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm ... I only noticed a couple of bugs in the new quests.

Story spoiler follows:
C. is a strange person indeed. We should have been aware that he might try to do such things :D
Last edited by sdevaney on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix nut's reply from being inside quote
Nut
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

Thank you very much for your help and feedback. I am investigating this problem and want to be sure that I understood it correctly:
extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Story spoiler follows:
I could reproduce this behavior by killing crackshot and then trying to leave the room. When I completed the dialogue it didn't appear again until I go back to the place where I killed crackshot and then again try to leave.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm Also that day to night mechanic is pretty slick. I think that could have a future in other places. Maybe rest until night as an option in certain beds which has alternate sneaky quests or maybe alternate mobs that would only be out at night.[/spoiler]
I've asked many times for a time lapsing feature where It gradually gets dark and then light. This is probably like my a number one thing that I would love to see added.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Antison wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 pm
extrashady wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm Also that day to night mechanic is pretty slick. I think that could have a future in other places. Maybe rest until night as an option in certain beds which has alternate sneaky quests or maybe alternate mobs that would only be out at night.[/spoiler]
I've asked many times for a time lapsing feature where It gradually gets dark and then light. This is probably like my a number one thing that I would love to see added.
I agree
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

There are so many new dynamics that could be added with nighttime.
Different creatures, new NPCs.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"