v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.8 Released

Official news about Andor's Trail.
blueblack_star
android_version: 5.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.8 Released

Post by blueblack_star »

Lacrom wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am
blueblack_star wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:10 am
Lacrom wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:07 am Concerning the young merchant quest...
I've realised that when Burhczyd tells me

"and when they leave they don't even miss their purse or jewels"

he actually steals some items I got (he stole me my dagger of the shadow priest and my necklace of the undead (maybye more, but I only checked my extraordinary items))
So I got a few questions : considering that the quest is not finished, will we, in a future update, be able to get back our stolen items or not ? And will there be any other character like him, stoling our items ? Because I'm starting to be paranoiac...
In what concerns my game, I simply dropped all my items in a corner of the room, then talked to Burhczyd and picked the items I left (about 100 items so it was quite long), and I kept all of them.
(I highly recommand this method to every Andor's trail player : quite long and boring but at least we keep what belongs to us)
I have same experience here, I thought it was bug before or I'm unintentionally sell it or drop it and forget to pick it up again...lol :o
I lost my necklace of the undead too. I just realise this after a long journey and check my inventory. I hope what you said above, it's that actually happen. And I really like too that necklace can come back again in the next quest.
did you loose your dagger of shadow priest ?
No, because at that moment I used it. I think you lose it because you keep it in your inventory maybe? For the safety right now I keep all my things (that rarely I use and extraordinary items) in the corner box at Mikhail's house. Just for the case I drop it or get pickpocketing again :)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

It's always a good idea to care for your belongings. Some strokes of fate might be hard...
But although the world isn't altogether nice, it is not so bad to permanently steal unique or legendary items (at least not yet)
So I'd expect a chance to retrieve such losses someday.
Nut
Valdemar
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Valdemar »

Is there list of new stuff of this version (0.7.8) compared to 0.7.5 somewhere? Since there are many people who are going to switch from 0.7.5 to 0.7.8 skipping intermediate releases due to f-droid, it would be useful, I think.

Not the changelog, but rather list of places worth revisiting after the update to see new content. As far as I understand, there should be some tavern guy and mountains with arulirs, perhaps something else too.

Regarding stealing stuff, I keep about 40 saves, saving to new save next time I start a new bigger location or quest, there is 1-3 levels between each two saves. I think it is a good idea to do. When I'll start a new char I'm going to put all old saves into a zip archive for instance.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

A list of all new things from v0.7.5 to v0.7.8 does not currently exist outside of what is listed in each released versions changelog.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I created an update for the script that shows the names of missing maps:
http://www.rg-brille.de/etc/AT/AT_checkPlaces79.html

It still doesn't work for all constellations, sometimes it marks map wrong as unvisited. But it is helpful to find the last few not-found maps.
Nut
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Yeah says I found 513, yet mygame says 514
Last edited by CUCHULAINN3 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Does the script need an updated list of all map names to do its count? Or does it just parse the savegame itself?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Tomcat wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:46 pm Does the script need an updated list of all map names to do its count? Or does it just parse the savegame itself?
I think it works like it always has. But mine says I'm missing Stoutford shop. Yet I have all 514 places. So I may have to go revist that shop again
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
blueblack_star
android_version: 5.0

Post by blueblack_star »

Nut wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:46 pm I created an update for the script that shows the names of missing maps:
http://www.rg-brille.de/etc/AT/AT_checkPlaces79.html

It still doesn't work for all constellations, sometimes it marks map wrong as unvisited. But it is helpful to find the last few not-found maps.
Great...!
Thank you very much Nut, it's really helpfull :)
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:52 pm I think it works like it always has.
If I knew how it used to work, this might have been useful information ;-)
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6