Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:05 am
android_version: 7.0

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Tomcat »

But was qsd really nerfed, or just other things buffed to be competitive? I mean, I know the second part, but I haven't spotted if the qsd was nerfed also.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6

Lacrom
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:00 pm
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Lacrom »

Yes because the QSD has a damage modifier of 75% (the lowest in the current beta) so if you equip th QSD your damage will be lowered (only 3/4 of the damage tou could have made before 0.7.10)

And loads of weapons have a good damage modifier, which make the qsd worst in comparison

i.e : Rol has a 145%damage modifier. So you deal (approximately) 2 times more damage with a Rol than with a QSD (75×2=150, not far from 145) , and you perform 6hits with QSD vs 3hits with Rol. So Rol is better because you perform 2 times less hits, but you make 2 times more damage... which means that the difference between the 2 weapon is only their stats. And RoL stats are far better than QSD

I am quite lucky because I won't change my built for my main character : I dual wield 2 RoL, and this beta makes my built only deadlier.
Last edited by Antison on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Jean-Jacques Goldman
Lvl:87 XP:11866464 Gold:192699 RoLS:2 ElyR:1 RoL:2 HoF:1 RofLS:0 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:2 VSH:1 WMC:1 GoW:5 BD:1 HS:2
HP:175 AP:12 AP cost:4 AC:300 Ad:77-100 Bc:179 DR:3

User avatar
Nut
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Glade

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Nut »

Yes and no.
The QSD could be better e.g. when you fight mobs:
if you need 3 hits with QSD to kill 1 monster, you could kill 2 monsters per round.
With a rol you need 2 hits to kill the first monster, so the second one will stay alive.

So the QSD isn't bad now, it's just not that superior any more.
Nut
_____
Lara: Lvl 49, HP 69, AC 229%, AD 28-33, CHS 41, BC 188% Do 6, IF 1, Ce 1, Ev 2, Reg 1, Ta 1, Dp 1, La 1
Conina: Lvl 38, Anwyn[/i]: Lvl 52, Nut: Lvl 61

Tomcat
VIP
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:05 am
android_version: 7.0

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Tomcat »

I had forgotten that qsd multiplier was well below 1. Thanks!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by rijackson741 »

Take two weapons, both with a damage per round of 100. One has 4 hits per round, the other only 1 hit per round. Chance of getting a hit is 50%.

Scenario 1. You are being mobbed by 4 monsters, each with 25HP. With the low attack cost weapon you have a 6.25% chance of killing all four. You have a 93.75% chance of killing at least one, because you can try 4 times. With the high attack cost weapon you have a 50% chance of killing one, and a 0% chance of killing more than that.

Scenario 2. You are up against a single monster with 100HP. With the high attack cost weapon you have a 50% chance of killing it in one round. With the low attack cost weapon you have a 6.25% chance of killing it in one round.

So which is better?
Level:69, XP:5961483, PV:514, FQ:66
HP:224, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:174, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

User avatar
Antison
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: A home without a beagle is just a house

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm
So which is better?
With the introduction of damage modifiers, there is no clear cut answer to this question anymore. Which is exactly what we want. We are not trying to make the game harder, we're trying to broaden your weapon options. Too many weapons were never a viable option. They are now!!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by rijackson741 »

Monsters with DR make it even more unclear. With four attacks per round that DR is subtracted from your AD four times. With one attack, it's subtracted once.
Level:69, XP:5961483, PV:514, FQ:66
HP:224, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:174, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

Lacrom
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:00 pm
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Lacrom »

Is it normal that woodcutter's axes statistics have changed ? It was 5AP in 0.7.9 and it is now 7AP (in this beta), with different stats ? Are there other weapons which have had their stats changed ?
Jean-Jacques Goldman
Lvl:87 XP:11866464 Gold:192699 RoLS:2 ElyR:1 RoL:2 HoF:1 RofLS:0 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:2 VSH:1 WMC:1 GoW:5 BD:1 HS:2
HP:175 AP:12 AP cost:4 AC:300 Ad:77-100 Bc:179 DR:3

yoannmangue
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:19 pm
android_version: 7.0

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by yoannmangue »

Hi there, thanks for the great update.
I think that the sword of the anihilator has been forgotten : its damage modifier is 100%. I think it should be more given that it's a 2 handed sword, isn't it?
Can't wait for new updates and new maps, quests... :D
Thanks for this great game !

User avatar
Antison
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: A home without a beagle is just a house

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.10

Post by Antison »

Lacrom wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:56 pm
Is it normal that woodcutter's axes statistics have changed ? It was 5AP in 0.7.9 and it is now 7AP (in this beta), with different stats ? Are there other weapons which have had their stats changed ?
In 0.7.9 they range from 5ap - 8ap. Which one in particular are you looking at?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"

Post Reply