Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Post Reply
Cauziler
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:52 pm
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Cauziler »

QQkp wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 am
Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 am Its a mix between the size of the new dpad buttons, and what seems to me moving in the wrong direction when I press the intended direction. Its hard to describe. As I am new to giving feed back like this. I just find it easier for me to move with the old style dpad. But this may not be 100% accurate, for I am using a different device to play beta version.
Just as a quick test, would you say that the direction feels wrong only when you're trying to change directions while holding down buttons on the dpad? Or does it feel wrong for isolated single taps, as well?

Also, would you mind sharing a screenshot, or else your screen size/resolution? (I'm trying to make sure there isn't any bug or something with the interface scaling at different sizes.)

Thanks for your help! :)
Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:50 am Another note are the mobs from the broken crates supposed to be respawning endlessly in the quest A raid a for a cookbook(what i mean is are they supposed to respawn every time I run into the crate?).
They are supposed to spawn like this - you've encountered a stone worm nest :) We'll be tweaking them a bit before the final release, but the spawning will remain much the same.
Aha! I like this idea of respawning/nest. Very nice!
Soullessktty
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:05 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Soullessktty »

About the mis-clicking, like I said, may be because I am so accustomed to the round d-pad, that it feels just right. However, different players may have different experience and feel. I think an option of which shape of d-pad to choose from would be great, but that may be asking a bit too much.

Another possible solution is not to have the dpad so close to the edge of the screen, like say 2-3 mm from the edge. Or another suggestion is to put its position above the actor conditions.

if it's on the left hand-side, the quickslot can be moved. However actor conditions can't. So, may be as suggested by Antison, this is a good idea too. I am right handed so I always have dpad on the right hand side of my screen. And bottom, so it does not cover most of anything on the map.

Transparency would indeed help, but the option to switch between square or round definitely gives the players choice to use whichever they are comfortable with. I like the choices you make for the transparency in the preferences. That will help seeing whatever behind the dpad.

I think we can forgo flexible positioning dpad for now. It's not crucial although it's a nice-to-have option.

Thank you, QQkp to take time to work on this. It's not content but UI is big part of playability of a game.
QQkp wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:09 pm Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write this up! It definitely makes things more clear.

I'm not quite sure what might be the issue about mis-clicking. The logic for handling the taps themselves hasn't changed, just the graphic. I'm trying out expanding the margins a bit to make it feel less "squished" to the sides of the screen - maybe that could help here, too?

I get what you mean about the actor conditions being obscured. I tend to use the dpad left-handed (dpad on bottom left), so I guess I never really encountered it. Do you think addressing the transparency issue would suffice here? Or would it still be a problem even if you could set the transparency to keep the conditions mostly visible?

I haven't figured out a good way of handling flexible dpad positioning yet, but I have a prototype for configuring transparency from the preferences menu. I've attached some screenshots from my testing, would love to hear your thoughts if you think it'd be helpful.


2021-01-16 - 1 - new setting.png


2021-01-16 - 3 - 70pct transparent.png


2021-01-16 - 4 - 70pct with conditions.png
Poppo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:14 am
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo
Location: Japan

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Poppo »

Nut wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:43 am
Poppo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 am It says that the translation has been updated, but at least the Japanese User interface is identical to the 0.7.12.1 version (F-Droid) and does not appear to be updated. Game content is fine.
Indeed translations to the user interface remained unchanged. For a beta I can only update the translations of the content.
I should be more specific next time ...
Thank you for your reply.
And I'm sorry to trouble you. I will be careful about the specifics of the explanation when I ask you next time.
QQkp
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:33 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by QQkp »

Soullessktty wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm About the mis-clicking, like I said, may be because I am so accustomed to the round d-pad, that it feels just right. However, different players may have different experience and feel. I think an option of which shape of d-pad to choose from would be great, but that may be asking a bit too much.
Thanks again for your feedback here - it's been extremely helpful!

I found a bug in the dpad logic that might explain why this mis-clicking might be happening. Nut helped me build a new beta APK that includes the bugfix, and I'd appreciate it if you could give it a quick test when you have a free moment to see if it feels more natural to you.

The dpad-fix beta APK is here: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTr ... _beta2.apk
Soullessktty
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:05 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Soullessktty »

Okay, I'll try it and will report back. Thanks!

Edit: it is much better! So far no more mis-clicking. And the transparency option is there already. Much appreciate your work. Thank you QQkp and Nut and all the team.
QQkp wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:37 pm
Soullessktty wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm About the mis-clicking, like I said, may be because I am so accustomed to the round d-pad, that it feels just right. However, different players may have different experience and feel. I think an option of which shape of d-pad to choose from would be great, but that may be asking a bit too much.
Thanks again for your feedback here - it's been extremely helpful!

I found a bug in the dpad logic that might explain why this mis-clicking might be happening. Nut helped me build a new beta APK that includes the bugfix, and I'd appreciate it if you could give it a quick test when you have a free moment to see if it feels more natural to you.

The dpad-fix beta APK is here: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTr ... _beta2.apk
User avatar
MIknight
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:32 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by MIknight »

I also thank you for the correction, which I did not understand, but there is a completely deleted translation in the second beta, only English :!:
User avatar
Nut
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm
android_version: 8.0
Location: Glade

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Nut »

Yes. It's a bit extra work for me to provide the translations, so I didn't do that here.
Beta2 was only to confirm the dpad change.

The release will have the translations of course.
Nut
_____
Conina *, Lara: Lvl 44, Anwyn: Lvl 52, Nut: Lvl 61
Angrox
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:49 pm
android_version: 8.0

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Angrox »

Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:17 am So possible issue? Are we supposed to be able to get multiple snake leather purses from Gael, after giving him 10 more meat? I have done it twice so far... scratch that, 3 times...
That's the only little thing I stumbled over, too. Otherwise the beta and its quests worked smoothly for me. Great fun for me, especially the Gandalf fog :D
Thanks to everyone contributing!
User avatar
MIknight
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:32 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by MIknight »

Okay, will you update the translation for version 0.7.12? Because it is better to have a complete translation of the game for comfortable gameplay :mrgreen:
User avatar
Antison
Posts: 4024
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: A home without a beagle is just a house

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Antison »

MIknight wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm Okay, will you update the translation for version 0.7.12?
No. Why would we do that when 0.7.13 is literally days away?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Post Reply