Getting ready for v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Getting ready for v0.6.10

Post by Samuel »

You probably should add (8) create some new screenshots for the game in the new version.
We could then vote what would be the best for the market.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

#2 Deep Wouns conversation problem.
After giving book back i chooce leave option before giving any potions. When i talk again = thanks for helping and gain some exp without choosing to give any potions.

#2 Feygard errands quest are ok. but other storyline are are awesome and another boring :) +1 to you Oskar

#2 Flows through the veins, conversation problem. If i give gold to Buceth. Conversation continued :
- first ..you seem to realize... thats ok
- and next ..... You again..... thats wrong

#2 After completed Cheap cuts. Lost sheep stays in quest list. Status in progress. Earlier I say to Tinlyn somethink like " i only kill"

#4 too powerfull item, Imo these ruins otherwise wonderfull item gaining system
-Troublemakers gloves, Fallhaven
-Vacors and Uncles boots, Fallhaven
-Flagstones pride
-Ring of protector, Vilegard
I suggest to make those weaker or available later in storyline

#5 too weak skill? How about raising the bonus of cleave skill to +4AP. Jewel of Fallhaven is maby too powerfull ? this change gives some orher intresting options.
Last edited by sdevaney on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Lawolfun1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Lawolfun1 »

As told to go to here if there were any problems with version v0.6.10. I downloaded all the versions and each time i try to open it now it force closes i use i G1 (1.6)
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

Lawolfun1 wrote:As told to go to here if there were any problems with version v0.6.10. I downloaded all the versions and each time i try to open it now it force closes i use i G1 (1.6)
I assume that v0.6.9 works on your phone? If so, my guess is that you have the same problem as I do, not enough heap memory. I remember reading somewhere that my HTC Hero has 16 MB heap and since G1 is even older it should have the same or less.

The heap size is the maximum amount of memory that the system allow one app to allocate for data. There is a app called VM Heap Tool that allows you to change the heap size if your phone is fully rooted (has writable NAND memory and an unlocked system (S-OFF)). I haven't tried it yet but will and report back here.

EDIT: Confirmed. Andor's Trail v0.6.10a3 requires a minimum heap size of 20 MB.
Lawolfun1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Lawolfun1 »

version0.6.9 works fine no problems. I'll look into what you said to see if it all works out.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

IMO Hard hit is too weak, Bark skin too difficult to get and Evasion max rank should be highter.
I also suggest to add skill bonuses (like Bart skin, hard hit, Weapon accyracy) to Unequipped combat statistic. That will make Bart skin better and make equipped / unequipped stats more logicall.

#4 Im in Flagstone now. New items, skills and monsters difficulties are well balanced. Excepth those i already mentioned here. Anyway IMO guardian of Flagstone shoul drop beter item than lesser ring of block
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:#5
IMO Hard hit is too weak, Bark skin too difficult to get and Evasion max rank should be highter.
I also suggest to add skill bonuses (like Bart skin, hard hit, Weapon accyracy) to Unequipped combat statistic. That will make Bart skin better and make equipped / unequipped stats more logicall.

#4 Im in Flagstone now. New items, skills and monsters difficulties are well balanced. Excepth those i already mentioned here. Anyway IMO guardian of Flagstone shoul drop beter item than lesser ring of block
I agree with everything.

expecially about the Guardian of Flagstone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:As you might have read elsewhere, the v0.6.10 release is getting really close now. Most of the parts needed for the release is completed, but before we can release it to Android market, we still need to do an alpha & beta period with those of you here on the forum that want to help test the game. With all our combined efforts we should be able to find most of the critical bugs before we release the new version to the larger audience at Android market. Your help testing the new version is greatly appreciated, not only by me but by the thousands of players on Android Market.

Now, to make the upcoming alpha & beta period as effective as possible, I would like us to assign different responsibilities in what we focus our testing on. For example, some of you might be more interested in the new skill system, finding all the bugs in that. Some others might be more interested in focusing on the new quest content.
If you want to help make the game even better before we release it, please pick any of the following items that you would like to focus on. Also, please post a reply here so we know who focuses on what.
  1. Verify spelling and correct English wording on new dialogue
  2. Verify that none of the new quests are un-completable.
  3. Verify graphical glitches in the new maps.
  4. Verify game balancing of new monsters and items. Too hard? / Too easy?
  5. Verify that the new skills work as advertised.
  6. Verify gameplay with the virtual d-pad.
  7. Verify that the bulk dropping/selling interface works as expected.
I will post the first alpha as soon as we have a couple of people focusing on different areas of the new content. Might be this weekend even :) Thanks in advance! Let's make this game even better together.
/Oskar
Oskar,

I think the monsters surrounding the immediate areas of Loneford and crossroads guardhouse are way to weak. Wasps & beatles, come on? We were beating them at leave 1. The frogs were a nice visual change, but again, really weak.
The iqhan cave monsters were not challenge, but that is due to me leveling-up some much in my pursuit of
legendary items.
Otherwise, everything is outstanding as usual.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

tek wrote:Oskar,

I think the monsters surrounding the immediate areas of Loneford and crossroads guardhouse are way to weak. Wasps & beatles, come on? We were beating them at leave 1. The frogs were a nice visual change, but again, really weak.
The iqhan cave monsters were not challenge, but that is due to me leveling-up some much in my pursuit of
legendary items.

Remember the maps are partly very close to crossglen. New players will expect low difficulty here.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Samuel wrote:
tek wrote:Oskar,

legendary items.

Remember the maps are partly very close to crossglen. New players will expect low difficulty here.
True, but if they get past the rabid dogs and foxes, then the wasps and beatles should not be problem to the lower level characters either.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"