v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by oskarwiksten »

It's that time again. A new alpha of Andor's Trail is out for those interested that want to help test the new version before we release it to Android Market.

Download available from the project page.

Please note that this is an ALPHA version, which means that there may be several bugs still left in the game. It is therefore very important to SAVE YOUR GAME to some untouched slot and to BACKUP YOUR SAVEGAME before even installing this alpha version. The game might still contain bugs in the storyline or otherwise that are not reversible. Savegames produced by this version might not be readable by the release version.

That being said, there are a lot of interesting new things for you players in this version. Over a thousand lines of new dialogue and a skill system are some of the highlights. See below for a complete list of changes.

Anyway, note that this is an alpha test, so the purpose of releasing this version is that we want input on things that work and things that does not work. For example, can your old savegames be loaded? Do you get any force-closes? Please see this thread about things that we should test before we can release it.

Major changes:
  • Skills
  • Bulk selection interface for dropping, buying and selling.
  • Virtual D-pad
  • Changed inventory of most shops
  • Changed shop prices of most items
  • Display legendary, extraordinary and quest items with a background color
  • Unlimited number of savegame slots.
  • Info dialog for actor conditions.
  • 54 new maps, including the town of Loneford.
  • 7 new quests
  • 1100 lines of new dialogue (now at a total of 3100 lines)
  • 93 new items, 115 new monsters inluding NPCs
Minor changes:
  • Bugfixes to Blackwater quests.
  • Movement even when holding the same spot
  • Allow movement by WASD keys
  • Confirmation box when overwriting savegame with different player name
  • Display unequipped base stats on player info screen.
  • Added confirmation dialog box when selling non-ordinary items
  • Corrections to horizontal alignment issues on Samsung Galaxy S2.
Translation updates:
  • Updated French translation by Misty Soul.
  • Updated Italian translation (thanks k6blue and Joker)
  • Hebrew translation. (Thanks eitanbm)
  • Corrected English spelling in conversations (thanks to Cecil)
Minor coding changes:
  • Restructured resourceloader to use external file as list of what resources to load
  • Corrected conversation "guthbered_lookforsigns_1" to require "prim_hunt:60".
  • Update combat bar info on monster attacks.
  • Updated dialogue for Throdna (issue 208)
  • Updated dialogue for Fulus (issue 216)
  • Calculate cached stats from worn items when loading savegames.
  • Moved keyboard- and touch input code to a seaprate inputcontroller instead of in the mainview.
  • Added parcelable support for conversationactivity (should prevent FC on some devices in the conversation)
  • Corrected resource files that had different content than the default resource file.
  • Reduced view hierarchy depth (improves Android rendering performance).
  • Added display type string to item info page (Quest item/Rare/Exceptional/Legendary).
  • Added "quests" as tab to character screen.
  • Enable attack button even when fleeing (thanks Samuel)
  • Introduce categories on actor conditions.
  • Do not trigger map events if the player moves to another tile on the same mapevent.
  • Hide critical multiplier if equal to 0 or 1.
  • Confirmation dialog when overwriting savegames with a new player name (thanks ejwessel)
  • Do not show bulk selection interface when dropping just one item.
  • Added confirmation dialog box when selling non-ordinary items (thanks ejwessel).
  • Fixed monster info HP bug (issue 117) - thanks Scott Lund.
  • Only do critical attacks if the attacker both has a non-zero critical chance and a non-zero critical modifier (resolves issue 235)
  • Editor: Made editor tabs closable with escape key.
  • Editor: Fixed bug in content editor when changing an id of a phrase.
  • Editor: Added accordion to import/export dialogs in content editor.
  • Editor: Added "clear" button to content editor.
  • Bugfix: Conversation editor did not guess new phrase ids correctly.
  • Refactor: Separated debug interface to a separate class, reduces clutter in MainActivity.
  • Refactor: Moved all code that does parsing of resource files into separate namespace, and into specialized reusable parser classes.
  • Moved tiles on a lot of maps to their correct layer (from "Objects" to "Above" for example)
  • Fixed issues with the Prim and Blackwater quests, that were never marked as completed under some circumstances in v0.6.9.
  • Disabled manual saving while in combat (issue 241).
  • Updated welcome text when starting a new version of the game.
I also want to take the opportunity to thank the following people for contributing their time and efforts for v0.6.10: (in alphabetic order)
  • Cecil
  • eitanbm
  • Ethan Wessel
  • k6blue
  • Michael Schmid
  • Misty Soul
  • Pete Wheeler
  • Samuel Plentz
  • Scott Lund
Thanks in advance for testing, and we developers hope you will enjoy the new version!
/Oskar
mirajp1

Re: Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by mirajp1 »

saved game loaded :)
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

i used the skill of increasing attack chance but it only increased in Current (eqiupped) state not in unequipped(base) state..should it be like that?
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Have only had time to play about 10 mins so far and the only thing I can find is I don't really like the look of the virtual d-pad, I am not sure if it is the shape or just the color but for whatever reason it feels like it doesn't fit the rest of the game theme. What does everyone else think?

On the other hand it works very well from whatever position I put it on my screen.

I haven't had time to test anything else yet but plan to put aside some time this evening and give it a good play through.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thank you everyone for testing.

I should also add that the download for this version is about 2MB smaller than v0.6.9 (now at a total of 4.8MB compared to 6.7MB before), despite having even more content and more graphical resources. The reason for the smaller size is that I have run a script on the map tile images, only extracting the tiles that are actually used. Should be welcome news for those with limited size on the device.
mirajp1 wrote:i used the skill of increasing attack chance but it only increased in Current (eqiupped) state not in unequipped(base) state..should it be like that?
Thanks for testing. Yes, that is the intended behavior. Maybe we should re-name the "unequipped(base)" heading on the character overview page to only say something like "basic stats" or "unmodified stats (without skills and equipment)" to indicate that they only represent the stats that are gained from leveling up.
/Oskar
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Just downloaded and went through the caves in BWM. First bug I found was I received 2 small health potions and they were not added to the existing small health potions I already had in my inventory. They are now listed as a separate items.

Second bug, I went straight to the merchant in BWM. Both the regular and large health potions only cost 1 gold each.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

The Price for Potions is 1 gold. (beside the small ones.)
Tharals shop.

Mh too late - already reported.
Bornain wrote:First bug I found was I received 2 small health potions and they were not added to the existing small health potions I already had in my inventory. They are now listed as a separate items.
AFAIK this is intended. (was mentioned somewhere here: http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=942)
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Samuel wrote:The Price for Potions is 1 gold. (beside the small ones.)
Tharals shop.

Mh too late - already reported.
Bornain wrote:First bug I found was I received 2 small health potions and they were not added to the existing small health potions I already had in my inventory. They are now listed as a separate items.
AFAIK this is intended. (was mentioned somewhere here: http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=942)
Do you mean having two minor health accumulating in different places within my inventory. It didn't happen with any other item yet.

For the bulk buying and selling, it appears to be working great. Everything I have bought and sold so far adds up.

Also major and normal health potions sell for 1 gold.

Wilfred lvl 8
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Bornain wrote:Second bug, I went straight to the merchant in BWM. Both the regular and large health potions only cost 1 gold each.
Thanks for testing Bornain. I have uploaded an alpha 2 version that fixes this issue. Thanks for finding and reporting it!
/Oskar
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

oskarwiksten wrote:
Bornain wrote:Second bug, I went straight to the merchant in BWM. Both the regular and large health potions only cost 1 gold each.
Thanks for testing Bornain. I have uploaded an alpha 2 version that fixes this issue. Thanks for finding and reporting it!
That's ok, glad I can help. I've downloaded alpha 2 and the prices in Fallhaven look much better. :)
BTW that was quick....

Wilfred lvl 8