Mapmaking tutorial

Discussions of the development process of the game.
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Mapmaking tutorial

Post by moe »

hey,
i was trying to do my own maps but i never could do the "not-walkable" to turn in to pink... i would love to build up someside quests or just some maps you could fill with monsters then.
so how do i make it pink i follow your tutorial but it wont work.
also i think it would be nice to test our own maps. just to walk it and look if it works?
qasur

Post by qasur »

moe wrote:hey,
i was trying to do my own maps but i never could do the "not-walkable" to turn in to pink... i would love to build up someside quests or just some maps you could fill with monsters then.
so how do i make it pink i follow your tutorial but it wont work.
also i think it would be nice to test our own maps. just to walk it and look if it works?
On the very first tile-set (tiles_1_1), at top-left most corner, there is a "clear" title, then directly below it is a colored tile. Use that one on the "Walkable" layer.
Davo

Post by Davo »

BTW: if you don't want a particular cell in the map don't use either of the two clear cells from the first tile set; there is a delete key on th etool bar that should be used (this was one of my many mistakes from when I first made a map).

Also if you are interested in making a map then michischmid2000 or Oskar are the people to contact, as they are working on developing to a master plan.

regards
Dave