Compiling help?

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Compiling help?

Post by Tomcat »

Is this the right forum to post questions about compiling the code?

I can't get Eclipse to recognize the classes imported as android.*, as opposed to the AT code, which it picks up just fine after the Subversion checkout.

I have installed the JDK v7(.2?), Eclipse Classic, Android SDK tools, Android SDK Platform tools, SDK Platform for Android 2.2 - API8 (what my phone runs), Android Support package, plus docs, samples, and the Google USB Driver, just because. I've tried to follow the directions linked from the Subversion Tutorial on the Wiki section of the code, but they bounces a bit between different sites, and I'm not sure if I'm missing a package, or have a path Eclipsr can't find, or what. I'm new to Java and Android programming, but have worked in other similar environments.

Anyone have any insight they could share?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Compiling help?

Post by phydeaux »

I can't get subversive to work, course I just chalked it up to the fact that I don't have regular internet access and have been downloading piecemeal trying to put everything together
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Sounds like Eclipse isn't seeing the project as an "android" project. I am no expert but will do my best to help.

Check if you have properly installed ADT goto -> Window -> Preferences. If you see Android (in the preferences), it means you have ADT installed.

If that doesn't fix it then check to make sure ADT plugin is pointing to the Android SDK.

And for one last off the top of my head solution, create a new Android project and copy the files from the imported project to the newly created Android project.

Hope that helps, if not sorry I wasted your time. :D

sdevaney
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

sdevaney wrote:Sounds like Eclipse isn't seeing the project as an "android" project. I am no expert but will do my best to help.

Check if you have properly installed ADT goto -> Window -> Preferences. If you see Android (in the preferences), it means you have ADT installed.

If that doesn't fix it then check to make sure ADT plugin is pointing to the Android SDK.

And for one last off the top of my head solution, create a new Android project and copy the files from the imported project to the newly created Android project.

sdevaney
I just haven't figured out how to get Eclipse to find the android classes. The window labeled Console says it could not resolve references to "android-10".

I searched the entire computer for .class files, and found all the AT classes and a few odd ones used by other software, but not anything from the Android SDK. Is it in JAR files? Know the filenames? I know neither the path not where in Eclipse to enter it. Never worked in an environment that didn't know where to find its own language components.

Will try the dummy android app this weekend.

Thanks for the response!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Tomcat wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Sounds like Eclipse isn't seeing the project as an "android" project. I am no expert but will do my best to help.

sdevaney
I just haven't figured out how to get Eclipse to find the android classes. The window labeled Console says it could not resolve references to "android-10".

I searched the entire computer for .class files, and found all the AT classes and a few odd ones used by other software, but not anything from the Android SDK. Is it in JAR files? Know the filenames? I know neither the path not where in Eclipse to enter it. Never worked in an environment that didn't know where to find its own language components.

Will try the dummy android app this weekend.

Thanks for the response!
Hmm interesting issue that I have never had, but I keep coming back to ADT not pointing to the SDK.

Check out this thorough tutorial I found on how to install ADT and the SDK. The whole tutorial is pretty decent and worth a read, even though it is a little out of date. (Start at 4.2) http://www.vogella.de/articles/Android/ ... stallation

Sometimes screenshots are easier to understand than text.

sdevaney