Tile Issues

Discussions of the development process of the game.
James
android_version: 4.0

Tile Issues

Post by James »

So I have been lurking around the forums for a while and have been enjoying your game, thought I should try to contribute by learning how to design some parts of the map. I started using the main .png file from the deviantart website and I have ran into a few snags with the layout tiles. Some of them don't quite merge right and also it is kinda hard try to add a city wall when the wall tiles don't really give much way of cascading down the fields. Are we allowed to edit the tiles and possibly include more?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Tile Issues

Post by oskarwiksten »

James wrote:Are we allowed to edit the tiles and possibly include more?
Sure, but keep in mind that any new tiles that we add will have an impact on both the download size and the memory footprint of the game while playing. But if there are tile types that we really need and that the current tilesets can't provide, then I think we should consider adding those. Having a beautiful world is a major part of this game's success I think.
/Oskar
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Tile Issues

Post by Pyrizzle »

Great work so far, i can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. The Tile program can take a little getting used to, but stick with it and some of your maps may even appear in an update of Andor's Trail down the line. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------