v0.6.8 update

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

v0.6.8 update

Post by oskarwiksten »

Here is an update on what is happening with v0.6.8 :

The maps are mostly completed, 20 new maps so far. The big new thing is the town Vilegard to the southeast.

Regarding what these maps contain, see the spolier below:
This update will bring more light into what happened to Andor, and we will start to get more insight into the conflict that is the main quest.
Things left to do until we can release an alpha is:
- Write the dialog for all NPCs
- Configure quests
- Create new monsters
- Create new items for stores, and balance the items to not be over- or underpowered
- I want to modify all map signs to use the updated conversation interface instead of the old map sign dialogbox
I also would like to make another medium-size dungeon somewhere, something similar in size to the snake cave. Maybe I get the time to do that.

All help in completing these is very welcome. Please let me know if you want to get involved in some part.

I'm looking forward to releasing v0.6.8 soon!
/Oskar
Jfaulk

Re: v0.6.8 update

Post by Jfaulk »

Very interesting. Can't wait!
shark4507

Post by shark4507 »

I would be glad to help but i have never programed anything before. I could test things if you need someone like that.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

I am working on a small 'dungeon' about the size of the snake cave. I sent oskar the first pics.

If he wants Ill post them here, but dont want to reveal the map if Im not supposed to.
AND/OR's ...
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

lord midnight wrote:I am working on a small 'dungeon' about the size of the snake cave. I sent oskar the first pics.

If he wants Ill post them here, but dont want to reveal the map if Im not supposed to.
That's what I created the spoiler tag for mate

Got something you don't want people to see...
Stick it in here!
Those that want to or need to see can and those that don't, don't.

We are not only trying to create a community around the game itself but also around the development, so the more we share our work and ideas the better the end result will be.

Keep in mind this is just a suggestion and it is your work so if you don't want to post it you don't have to.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

Im just kinda waiting for oscar to get back to me on some stuff.
AND/OR's ...
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

A productive weekend. About 240 new lines of dialogue written, and several new quests completed. Compare this to the fact that v0.6.7 contains about 400 lines of dialogue. And I am planning even more dialogue to be written for v0.6.8 .

This is really starting to look like a major update. Looking forward to releasing it really soon!
/Oskar
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

And a productive Monday evening also.

All of the dialogue for v0.6.8 is now written. This is really a major step in getting the release ready, since writing the dialogue is one of the toughest parts in every release.

We now have 375 new lines of dialogue written for v0.6.8, adding a lot more depth to the main story and the world itself. Compare this to the 432 lines of dialogue available for v0.6.7 . This makes the amount of conversation almost doubled in this release from what we had before.

Now it's just easy parts left before we can have an alpha version out for you guys to test! Placing all the monsters and creating new items.

Really looking forward to the release!
/Oskar
Jfaulk

Post by Jfaulk »

is there going to be an alpha release for .8?
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Jfaulk wrote:is there going to be an alpha release for .8?
Hey Jfaulkner.

Oh yes, most definitely. We will have an alpha out "real soon now" (tm) so that you guys that want to help test it can do so to find more bugs before we release it to Android Market.
/Oskar
/Oskar