Please note that this is an ALPHA version, which means that there may be several bugs still left in the game. It is therefore very important to SAVE YOUR GAME to some untouched slot and to BACKUP YOUR SAVEGAME before even installing this alpha version. The game might still contain bugs in the storyline or otherwise that are not reversible. Savegames produced by this version might not be readable by the release version.
That being said, there are a lot of interesting new things for you players in this version. Almost two thousand lines of new dialogue and several new major quests are some of the highlights. See below for a complete list of changes.
The alpha version can be downloaded from the project page:
Anyway, note that this is an alpha test, so the purpose of releasing this version is that we want input on things that work and things that does not work. For example, can your old savegames be loaded? Do you get any force-closes?
- 80 new maps, up to a total of 284
- 10 new quests
- ~150 new monsters & NPCs
- ~60 new items
- ~1900 lines of dialogue, up to a total of ~5100.
- 6 new skills (5 visible)
- A certain NPC that can upgrade items
- Temporary blessings given by a certain NPC
- Improved memory-management of loading graphics
- Quantities on quickbar buttons
- "Critical skill" replaces old "Critical chance".
- Immunity to critical hits for ghosts, undead and demons.
- Re-sort the player's inventory by moving items to top/bottom.
- Splatter images when the player kills monsters
- Gameplay help in about/help
- Lots of bugfixes!
- Added Portugese translation (thanks Mira).
- Updated French translation (thanks Misty Soul, thonyc4 & zorun.42).
- Updated Italian translation (thanks Joker and k6blue)
- Updated German translation (thanks Samuel, Gottkaiser, Bomber, caga, buddyCasino, cngunners14)
- Updated Russian translation (thanks e.solodookhin & shell.andor)
(in alphabetic order)
- DeBray Bailey
- Ian Haase
- Michael Schmid
Given the popularity of Andor's Trail, we can safely say that this game is a huge success. Currently, we are at 300k+ downloads, and with this version we will likely see a lot more new players reach this forum.
We developers will now focus on fixing the last few issues that are still present in this alpha before we release it to Android Market, and then start looking ahead on to what we can do in v0.6.12 ! We are really excited to start working on new content and additional features to further enhance the enjoyment for you players!
Thanks in advance for testing, and we in the development team hope you will enjoy the new version!