v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Post by nyktos »

Sarumar wrote:Hmm, I have found 2 new extraordinary items.

Nyktos, are there any new extraordinary drop items available ?
private message sent!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Ooooo! Can I get a private message?
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

I really dislike the idea of hiding the critical until it is over 0.0. As a newer player it drove me crazy not knowing what my critical hit number was, even though there was reference to criticals in the skills list. As a new player it was totally confusing for me and I looked through my stats again and again thinking I was missing something. For new players it just makes things confusing.

Sure, I can see it now, since I have items and weapons with crit values, but not having it at the beginning is just cruel and unusual. It's as if you are punishing new players just for trying out the game ("Ha ha, noob. You don't know about the criticals?" *snicker*). There is absolutely no good reason for hiding the critical value from new players, sonce new players are virtually the only people this will affect.

I'm not saying this is a stupid idea, there are no stupid ideas, just that the idea is not a feasible one. I can understand how debate and people that have played for a while might like the idea, they may have forgotten what it was like to be new to the game and for them they may understand what it means to have your critical number disappear, but it just confuses and frustrates new players.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. Best RPG for android. And because I love the game I want it to succeed even more than it already has. I have been a beta tester since the concept of beta-testing was new, and have tested so many games I've lost track of how many, so I try to look at new, unfinished games with fresh eyes, as if I've never played a game like it before. This is because new players are important, the more you have, the more you have stay with the game. This problem with the criticals is minor, but people hate confusion when playing games. Just my two cents. ;)

DarkSavant13
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Ooooo! Can I get a private message?
Just PM me your question abn I tell what I know
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I really dislike the idea of hiding the critical until it is over 0.0. As a newer player it drove me crazy not knowing what my critical hit number was, even though there was reference to criticals in the skills list. As a new player it was totally confusing for me and I looked through my stats again and again thinking I was missing something. For new players it just makes things confusing.

Sure, I can see it now, since I have items and weapons with crit values, but not having it at the beginning is just cruel and unusual. It's as if you are punishing new players just for trying out the game ("Ha ha, noob. You don't know about the criticals?" *snicker*). There is absolutely no good reason for hiding the critical value from new players, sonce new players are virtually the only people this will affect.

I'm not saying this is a stupid idea, there are no stupid ideas, just that the idea is not a feasible one. I can understand how debate and people that have played for a while might like the idea, they may have forgotten what it was like to be new to the game and for them they may understand what it means to have your critical number disappear, but it just confuses and frustrates new players.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. Best RPG for android. And because I love the game I want it to succeed even more than it already has. I have been a beta tester since the concept of beta-testing was new, and have tested so many games I've lost track of how many, so I try to look at new, unfinished games with fresh eyes, as if I've never played a game like it before. This is because new players are important, the more you have, the more you have stay with the game. This problem with the criticals is minor, but people hate confusion when playing games. Just my two cents. ;)

DarkSavant13
Can you explain what you mean by "hiding the critical until it's over"?

In your combat stats area of your character info screen it shows your critical skill, your multiplier, and your effective critical chance.

Your critical skill is just that a representation of your "skill level" and your effective critical chance is the actual percentage of hits that could critical.

sdevaney
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

That is until it is over zero.zero! In other words, it is above zero. Currently, if you have no crit items equipped, the critical chance is not shown at all. DarkSavant13 would like to see "Critical Chance = 0.0" etc.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

lady black wrote:That is until it is over zero.zero! In other words, it is above zero. Currently, if you have no crit items equipped, the critical chance is not shown at all. DarkSavant13 would like to see "Critical Chance = 0.0" etc.
Thanks lady black, I completely misread that part.

@DarkSavant13 I will bring it up for discussion at the next meeting.

sdevaney
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

This also applies to BC. As long as BC = 0 it is not shown in the player statistics. Confused me a bit.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

good point, we'll bring up that too!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

sdevaney wrote:@DarkSavant13 I will bring it up for discussion at the next meeting.
Thank you very much, sdevaney. :) You, too, lady black, for clarifying for me. ;)

DarkSavant13