v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:How cool would it be if the sun sets and a new group of creatures come out to feast?
how cool would it be... to have a team of programmers?
(just kidding!) :lol: (sweet idea, by the way... obvious / but SWEEEEET)

but, really... Oskar is earnestly trying to keep this App from being big & invasive.
anyone can program that - but - can you make it fit into THIS game AND keep save files (SMALL) ?

things always seem easier from the outside, but dont get me wrong...

GREAT IDEA TEK!!!

+1!!!!! :D

(but this idea might get put off until later, or possibly ignored - depends on where "development" goes)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote:
tek wrote:How cool would it be if the sun sets and a new group of creatures come out to feast?
Oskar is earnestly trying to keep this App from being big & invasive.
anyone can program that - but - can you make it fit into THIS game AND keep save files (SMALL) ?
things always seem easier from the outside, but dont get me wrong...
Similar to google or bing maps, add a "map layer" similar to how weather apps add rain clouds or street names on the map. nyktos, please remember who you are talking to. I'm a software engineer and as such, I would never suggest anything unreasonable or not worth the effort as I know how much work it would take.
adding a semi-transparent night or dusk layer over the map should not add much to the file size at all. Having a timer running in the background that simulates the rising and setting of the sun is pretty trivial. The most work would go into dynamically changing what monsters are on the map.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote: nyktos, please remember who you are talking to.

I'm a software engineer and as such,
I would never suggest anything unreasonable
or not worth the effort as I know how much work it would take.

1. adding a semi-transparent (night or dusk layer) over the map should not add much to the file size at all.

2. Having (a timer running in the background) that simulates the rising and setting of the sun is pretty trivial.

3. The (most work would) go into dynamically changing what monsters are on the map.
(i DO know who you are: i'm a mod & you post more than any other member)
[gimme some credit] :lol:

1. it has to be done using certain file types (makes things more complicated)

2. this is not the problem - it's already being done "in-game"

3. No, most of the work would be Oskar's = making it "fit" into his code without causing new bugs

Android is not a PC, (java doesn't always work)
hit me up if you wanna talk about this further...

please be respectful, thank you!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Somethinkg about new skills and potions. IMO:
-new combat potions are just great because of -AP
-Rejuvenation skill is too weak, i suggest to raise the % chance a biy
-Preguicity of Fracture skill is too high. When you got Better critical 6 you make devastating amound of damahe. I suggest to decreace preguicities a bit
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Bug found,
After some grinding in fareast. Yhe Bridge lookout is back and he says again "you should go visit our village leader..."

Earlier I have done this quest and my earlier guest log says " I have reported back to the bridge guard that i have met Algangror in the abandonet house"

When i goto Jhaeld i noticed Kaverin is also back and he says "Oh yes, i can feel it..." now I need to kill him again and I got Kaverins sealed message again..

Algangror is back too, no talk instant fight and i got Algangror ring again. After that i noticed something weird in my guest logs, Ewerything in order guest have dissapeared in my completed guest list and there are now Of mive and men guest and its completed its final log says "I will not help..."

I dont know is this bug connected somehow, but I never killed anyone of the creatures in Algangrors bacement.

Edited abd added:
This one is connected to old bug. I just kill Ighan chaos enslaver in second time.
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:Bug found,
After some grinding in fareast. Yhe Bridge lookout is back and he says again "you should go visit our village leader..."
Earlier I have done this quest and my earlier guest log says " I have reported back to the bridge guard that i have met Algangror in the abandonet house"
When i goto Jhaeld i noticed Kaverin is also back and he says "Oh yes, i can feel it..." now I need to kill him again and I got Kaverins sealed message again..
Algangror is back too, no talk instant fight and i got Algangror ring again. After that i noticed something weird in my guest logs, Ewerything in order guest have dissapeared in my completed guest list and there are now Of mive and men guest and its completed its final log says "I will not help..."
I dont know is this bug connected somehow, but I never killed anyone of the creatures in Algangrors bacement.Edited abd added:
This one is connected to old bug. I just kill Ighan chaos enslaver in second time.
sounds like a map error to me. When I first loaded 0.6.11a1 I got a map error. All dynamic NPC's are back. This includes all bosses, the fallhaven thieves...etc.
Last edited by Antison on Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Yes, but I also lost Ewerything in order quest in list of completed quest and gain Of mice and men there.
Sarumar

Antison

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:Yes, but I also lost Ewerything in order quest in list of completed quest and gain Of mice and men there.
as did I.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
Sarumar wrote:Yes, but I also lost Ewerything in order quest in list of completed quest and gain Of mice and men there.
as did I.
In this bug only bosses of 6.11 version and Iqhan cave are back. And Vacors treasure too.
Sarumar

Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Hmm, I have found 2 new extraordinary items.

Nyktos, are there any new extraordinary drop items available ?
Sarumar