Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.11 available

Post by oskarwiksten »

I just realized that I forgot to give credit to the two persons that contributed the most to this release. *facepalm*

The maps, ranging from
  • the dried-up caverns below the city of Brimhaven east of the village of Loneford
  • to the wet marshlands of the walkway system built around Lake Havasu east of the Brimhaven
  • to the cave systems leading up to Lake Laeroth
  • the mountainous region around Lake Laeroth, including a waterfall
  • the marvelous city of Remgard, not forgetting all the indoor areas (the tavern upper floor is my personal favourite)
-- are all done by hard work from our two brilliant graphics artists, Ian Haase and Michael Schmid. Without their excellent work, this game would not be as beautiful as it is. We owe them a lot of gratitude for the beutiful maps that they have done for this game.

So, Ian and Michael, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
/Oskar
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Wait, brimhaven was added? I didn't see it, is it there :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Everyone, thank you for the excellent input about the issues that you have found in this alpha release. I personally love the fact that we in the development team can get your input before we release the new version on the masses of players that is Google Play (Android Market). Your input is really valuable, and very welcome!

Ranging from what has been reported so far, there doesn't seem to be any major issues so far - well at least not compared to alphas of earlier releases that we've had, where the game was totally broken :D

Of course, since we are still in early alpha, there are still issues left to sort out, and we in the development team are very grateful for your input on the things that can be even more perfected to make the great game that we all want to have. Please keep the comments coming, good and bad!

I would also love to hear from anyone that has access to a device running Android 1.6, since we still target that OS.

So, thank you yet again, everyone that has commented on the alpha version and in this thread! Together, let's make the best RPG with the deepest story there is on Android Market!

nyktos wrote:what you see now ~ what saw in the past
Critical Multiplier ~ Critical Multiplier
Critical Hit Skill ~ Critical Chance
Effective Critical Chance ~ (this is new*)
Thanks nyktos for the clear explanation. I just wanted to add an official stance on this, that this is how it's implemented in the game now. What used to be called "Critical chance" is now called "Critical hit skill", just as nyktos said. Effective critical chance is determined as a linear function from the square root of Critical hit skill.

And I totally agree that we should hide it if critical multiplier is zero, I'll get to work on coding that.

tek wrote:Wait, brimhaven was added? I didn't see it, is it there :?:
No, the maps for Brimhaven are not enabled in this build. The overall world, however, is planned to have Brimhaven just east of the village of Loneford. There will be some .. well .. shall we say .. interesting things happening in Brimhaven. :D

We had to make a choice between releasing the content that is done and between waiting even longer to finish even more content, and we chose to release the content of Remgard as it is now. We hope to finish the content soon for Brimhaven and the main road of the areas between the crossroads house and Vilegard. It's all a matter of how quickly we can finish the quests and conversations.
Last edited by nyktos on Sat May 19, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: multiple posts combined
/Oskar
Antison

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:
tek wrote:Wait, brimhaven was added? I didn't see it, is it there :?:
No, the maps for Brimhaven are not enabled in this build. The overall world, however, is planned to have Brimhaven just east of the village of Loneford. There will be some .. well .. shall we say .. interesting things happening in Brimhaven. :D

We had to make a choice between releasing the content that is done and between waiting even longer to finish even more content, and we chose to release the content of Remgard as it is now. We hope to finish the content soon for Brimhaven and the main road of the areas between the crossroads house and Vilegard. It's all a matter of how quickly we can finish the quests and conversations.
Oskar,
You threw me a curve ball when your wrote "below brimehaven" as opposed to "south" of brimehaven. Using "below" made me think that there was an underground system under brimehaven, so I thought it was already built.
Last edited by Antison on Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

tek wrote:You threw be a curve ball when your wrote "below brimehaven" as opposed to "south" of brimehaven. Using "below" made me think that there was an underground system under brimehaven, so I thought it was already built.
I take every opportunity that I get to use the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, since it gives me some leeway when making vague references :)
/Oskar
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

oskarwiksten wrote:I just realized that I forgot to give credit to the two persons that contributed the most to this release. *facepalm*

The maps, ranging from
  • the dried-up caverns below the city of Brimhaven east of the village of Loneford
  • to the wet marshlands of the walkway system built around Lake Havasu east of the Brimhaven
  • to the cave systems leading up to Lake Laeroth
  • the mountainous region around Lake Laeroth, including a waterfall
  • the marvelous city of Remgard, not forgetting all the indoor areas (the tavern upper floor is my personal favourite)
-- are all done by hard work from our two brilliant graphics artists, Ian Haase and Michael Schmid. Without their excellent work, this game would not be as beautiful as it is. We owe them a lot of gratitude for the beutiful maps that they have done for this game.

So, Ian and Michael, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
YES!
Amazing Work!!!

Thanks for everything,
very impressive work!

:twisted:
oskarwiksten wrote:We had to make a choice between releasing the content that is done and between waiting even longer to finish even more content, and we chose to release the content of Remgard as it is now. We hope to finish the content soon for Brimhaven and the main road of the areas between the crossroads house and Vilegard. It's all a matter of how quickly we can finish the quests and conversations.
to everyone else who wants to help contribute:

i put the part in bold that is addressing "us"...
it's an open invitation to hop on-board!!!

i will be posting some more on this very soon!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

You need help with quests and conversations, just let me know.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
ExotiCAT

Post by ExotiCAT »

I was so happy to download this alpha version, but atm I'm grinding for the ElyR in BWM and hesitate to leave til I have one. Still, I'm really enjoying that splatter! :-D
Frog Lover
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

mdmedlin wrote:You need help with quests and conversations, just let me know.
make a google plus account and add me! email:adarkmorning@gmail.com
if not - i will message you soon about collaboration!

:D
ExotiCAT wrote:I was so happy to download this alpha version, but atm I'm grinding for the ElyR in BWM and hesitate to leave til I have one. Still, I'm really enjoying that splatter! :-D
there is a LOT to be happy about in this new version,
(even in old areas - aside from the AMAZING new "after battle effects")
for instance... the quick slot lag is gone!!!

:twisted:

[ ExotiCAT - GOOD LUCK!!! ]

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison

Post by Antison »

With all the needed around the world and back trips to complete quests, it got me thinking about how unrealistic it is that the sun never goes down. Come on, there is no way our hero can travel from Remgard to Blackwater and back within a day. How cool would it be if the sun sets and a new group of creatures come out to feast?