v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Weapon- & armour categorization

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Weapon- & armour categorization

Post by nyktos »

lady black wrote:I agree that the weapon specialization proficiencies would need to be separate from the skills we have now, unless skill points are awarded much more often.

This was exactly how it came up at the meeting,
Oskar was cautious about adding a new attribute to our hero...
like Feats or Proficiencies - and suggested we give more skill points.

so, we are at odds about how to implement this...
so we agreed to disagree & just try out a few new skills in our next Alpha test.
(hopefully, if it expands enough - there will be something else like Skills on the stat screen

something focused on gear, like weapon & armor proficiencies?
or possibly combat feats?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

nyktos wrote:
lady black wrote:I agree that the weapon specialization proficiencies would need to be separate from the skills we have now, unless skill points are awarded much more often.

This was exactly how it came up at the meeting,
Oskar was cautious about adding a new attribute to our hero...
like Feats or Proficiencies - and suggested we give more skill points.

so, we are at odds about how to implement this...
so we agreed to disagree & just try out a few new skills in our next Alpha test.
(hopefully, if it expands enough - there will be something else like Skills on the stat screen

something focused on gear, like weapon & armor proficiencies?
or possibly combat feats?
Thats what I was thinking too.
It's like leveling your hero...customizing his skills, then leveling your weapon and customizing your weapon skills, then leveling your armor and improving your armor skills!
Anything that contributes to customization is great imo. The last thing I want is another game Like WoW where there is a best in slot item and a best way to set your character up for the role you are playing. I can certainly appreciate what the creator of this game hopes to accomplish
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I would be happy with them being skills if we get skill points every 2 levels instead of every four. The "high level" skills just added are virtually impossible to reach unless you start from your very first skill point and spend every one you get on the prerequisites, ignoring everything else, which very few people will be willing to do. Not with CS, IF, WA-HH-Cleave, BS, Evasion, Dodge and QL being as valuable as they can be. And some of the proposed pre-reqs for the weapons skills have even higher numbers of total skill point usage. I am level 112 now, just took Pure Blood 2, and will need six more skill points to get whichever high level skill it is that needs level 3 in each of the resistance skills. And, at that, I am lucky I already had 1 level in each of the resistances. A year from now, maybe I will have accumulated another 20,000,000XP and reach 136, and can get that skill, if I still want it by then. I am not sure that I am really going for it, but I have been wanting higher resistances, and with all those really nasty spiders, I thought I should start with the anti-venom one. I even had to eat some meat while going for the fresh animal bones for the rotworm potion.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

I love the idea of arranging all weapons and armours!
What do you think about that:
If you use a two- handed weapon, you aren't able to wear a shield. So it would be nice if you had a skilll which allows you to hold for example a club, longsword etc. in only one hand. I suggest 3 levels. At the second level you can use longswords in one hand and in level 4, you can even hold a club/ axe in one hand. For this, a definition of the weapon weight would be very useful.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Ian wrote:I love the idea of arranging all weapons and armours!
If you use a two- handed weapon, you aren't able to wear a shield. So it would be nice if you had a skilll which allows you to hold for example a club, longsword etc. in only one hand. I suggest 3 levels. At the second level you can use longswords in one hand and in level 4, you can even hold a club/ axe in one hand. For this, a definition of the weapon weight would be very useful.
Two weapons in one hand? No way!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I cannot follow your thought.. do you mean something like.
... in level four you can wield two broadswords ? My skill of english is limited.. so can you please explain your idea in simply way..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I think i understand.

The skill would let you use a 2 handed weapon as if it was a one handed weapon after leveling up the skill to a certain point. So that way you could use a 2 handed weapon (it would be one handed due to the skill) and still be able to equip a shield.

Is this correct Ian?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
I think i understand.

The skill would let you use a 2 handed weapon as if it was a one handed weapon after leveling up the skill to a certain point. So that way you could use a 2 handed weapon (it would be one handed due to the skill) and still be able to equip a shield.

Is this correct Ian?
Ahh.. Using oversized weapons, just like in some high fantasy rpg. I have one character who used to use giant sized two-handed sword.. Imagine this.. dwarf (3 feet) with
sword (15 feet) and bad attitude :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Pyrizzle wrote: I think i understand.

Yes, you got it! I'm sorry for writing my suggestioni a bit difficult to understand.

Is this correct Ian?
Yes, you got it! I'm sorry for writing my suggestion a bit difficult to understand.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Ian wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote: I think i understand.

Yes, you got it! I'm sorry for writing my suggestioni a bit difficult to understand.

Is this correct Ian?
Yes, you got it! I'm sorry for writing my suggestion a bit difficult to understand.
No need to apologize. It was a tough one to describe.

Reminds me of Sepgiroth from the FF games. He had the giant sword of my unending destruction.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!