Now that AT source is hosted on git...

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Re: Now that AT source is hosted on git...

Post by Bard »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Would you mind putting a link to the source code we could download in .zip format? It would make it easier for those of us with cell phones. ;)
Just use AndroZip it can handle tar.bz2 compressed files.
DarkSavant13 wrote:If you want a good program that will zip up files without paying for Winzip, try out IZarc, a freeware program for many types of archiving.
Or 7zip, or ...
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Bard wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:Would you mind putting a link to the source code we could download in .zip format? It would make it easier for those of us with cell phones. ;)
Just use AndroZip it can handle tar.bz2 compressed files.
DarkSavant13 wrote:If you want a good program that will zip up files without paying for Winzip, try out IZarc, a freeware program for many types of archiving.
Or 7zip, or ...
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Take a look at IZarc, much better than 7zip in my opinion. When my computer was working I needed no other archiving program. ;)
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

For those interested in learning how to use git, here is a helpful tutorial: http://try.github.com/levels/1/challenges/1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:For those interested in learning how to use git, here is a helpful tutorial: http://try.github.com/levels/1/challenges/1

+ 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Also, I should add that, in the official repository, we are aiming for using the following branches:
master: This is the next version that will be released.
production: This is the version that is released to Google Play (including bugfixes that may not have been released)

Personally, I create local branches for each new feature that I am working on (itemcategorization, proficiencyskills, v0612maps, worldmapgui). Once we release, we'll merge all those features into master.

Feel free to fork the repository and create your own local branch for things that you may be working on!
/Oskar