New Monster Tiles

Discussions of the development process of the game.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

New Monster Tiles

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Have been having a much harder time contributing than I would like and it has been frustrating me no end. So, I thought I would do what I do best, create monsters. :twisted: They have no copyright problems, since I'm creating them, lol.

This first one came to me as I looked at the large demon that looks so cool. It's a lion the same size and general shape of the large demon, so it should fit OK. I was planning on a gryphon, which I may still do, but decided I liked the look better as just the lion, lunging and ferocious.

If anyone else would like to post monster tiles here, feel free. Anyone can do it. I use a free app for my phone called Pixel Art.
large_lion.png
All of the mobs I post in this thread can also be found here together on Photobucket.

Copyright free mobs for Andor's Trail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DarkSavant13 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Piggy the Slayer

Re: New Monster Tiles

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I like the lion. As you probably know other than the lion ripping your head off infection due to the carrion under their claws is a huge cause of death with lion attacks. Perhaps a condition (infection?) could be delivered by these beasts. Something along the lines of -3 HP drain per round but increasing to -12 HP drain per round until cured by a special potion or bed rest is taken. The mad rush to reach a rest point as your HP quickly decreases would add much excitement. Especially when you get involved in fights along the way as you struggle to reach your bed.

This would certainly make for a fearsome creature and would encourage investing skills points in the blood disorder skill.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

My next monster is a treant. A quite nasty creature to meet up with, the treant is a tree come to life. I may do more of these because I like this creature. This treant seems to come from a somewhat swampy region. :twisted:

Keep up with the suggestions, it could help the devs and fire the imaginations of people creating quests, etc. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

Excellent work my friend.

Could the treant live in the 'corrupted swamp' area south of the bridge maze on the way to remgard?
Looks exactly like the type of area you would expect to find them, imho.

How about some of the standard sword fodder like imps, goblins and orcs?
Doesn't quite feel like a finished hack n' slash game until there are mountains of dead goblins at your feet.

Please keep up the fantastic work.

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

These are very nice, keep up the good work!
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Thanks, Stooge and Scott. :)

Stooge, there are a couple of VERY nice goblins in the redshrike1 tileset. But I'll give Orcs a try. ;)

This one is a willowisp. Willowisps are known to lure travelers into dangerous areas and then feed on their life force. :twisted:

I lit the shadow underneath with a glow from the willowisp above.
monster_willowisp.png
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Those are awesome :D

If I had a graphically inclined bone in my body I would try my hand as well but as it stand I think I'll leave this task to people like you who can actually draw stuff that looks cool :lol:
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Thanks, fiernaq. :)

I was working on an orc and, as happens a lot when I create, it turned out completely different.

This one I call a blood knight. An evil wretch in blood-red armor.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

GREAT WORK! These Tiles are all awesome!

You think you might be willing to do a couple requests? I need a few Minotaurs (2-3) and a big bad Minotaur (for the boss). Send me a PM if your interested in lending me a hand. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Excellent work! Love what i see what you make next!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Thanks, Stooge and Scott. :)

Stooge, there are a couple of VERY nice goblins in the redshrike1 tileset. But I'll give Orcs a try. ;)

This one is a willowisp. Willowisps are known to lure travelers into dangerous areas and then feed on their life force. :twisted:

I lit the shadow underneath with a glow from the willowisp above.
monster_willowisp.png
Actually, it's called will'o'the wisp. Wisp meant light in the middle ages, so, it translates as will of the light, and so means a living light.
Hey guys, I'm back.