v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta testers needed: New editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Beta testers needed: New editor

Post by oskarwiksten »

As you know, a major stepping stone for the next release is the new editor. Discussed more in Issue 154. Improving the old editors into a combined editor will enable us to be even quicker and expressive in creating new content in the future, thus improving gameplay for you players.

At this stage, the editor is mostly complete apart from
- Conversation editor is not started.
- I would like to have some kind of validation and data checks put in place to indicate and entry failures, to spot the trivial errors while editing.

The new editor also incorporates the new item system, including the new "actor status effects", that will be released in v0.6.9.

So, I feel that the editor now is in such a shape that we should beta test it. For those of you that are interested, please follow the link below to view the new editor. Please comment with your thoughts on it.
http://andors-trail.googlecode.com/svn/ ... ditor.html

Please consider things such as usability and flexibility in it. Is it intuitive and understandable to work with? Is there some function, object or field in the UI that should be explained in more detail?

Thanks you in advance! Hopefully we will be able to create really interesting content for you players with this new editor!
/Oskar
/Oskar
michischmid2000

Re: Beta testers needed: New editor

Post by michischmid2000 »

Hi, first of all the editor looks great and self-explanatory. Until today i have just worked with the tile-editor, but now it looks like making new npcs and quests issolvable for me too.
Just one proposal:
The "quest"- section should show the complete conversations between the npc and the player

great work!
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Beta testers needed: New editor

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks for testing, michischmid.

The conversation editor should be separate from the quest editor since there are conversations that are not neccessarily part of a quest.

I have now updated the editor with some bugfixes, and I have integrated the resource files that the "Export" button produces into the resource loader used in the game. Now we are ready to make items and monsters that use the new effects, we just need to make them in the editor :)

Still left to do is the conversation editor. Almost there!
/Oskar