Newbie issue with Tiled Map Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Newbie issue with Tiled Map Editor

Post by Taledus »

Yes, another new post by me ;)

So I used to map a few years back with another game and thought I would give it a shot here. So I followed the instructions and downloaded Tiled and began looking things over here https://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/ ... _Mapmaking.

This isn't what I am used to with a traditional map editor as the maps already seem to contain the tilesets that they use. Opening the template.tmx seems to have all of the same tile sheets that is listed in the source code, except there is no way to edit what is available...like I am unable to change something within a tileset in order to show why the tile would be needed before suggesting to add it. Water edges are what I seem to be missing, and maybe a few others as well.

I am able to edit the .png files listed in the source code, but there isn't any sense if I am unable to import them in the map editor to use. Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong here?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it, finally after 2 hours of searching :/
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Newbie issue with Tiled Map Editor

Post by Pyrizzle »

[locked because question doesn't need to be answered anymore]

Have fun, the map editor can be really neat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------