Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:I am running 4.0.4 OS on my Galaxy S3.

I originally installed v0.6.12 as an update to v0.6.11 and continued previously saved games and I've not had any of the map issues the Sarumar has encountered.
I just created a new game and still have not seen any or those map issues.
I uninstalled and installed v0.6.12 clean and still have been unable to reproduce Sarumar's experience.

--------------------------------------------
What I did notice when I started a new game is all the maps that I was able to "form" from my 2nd build was available to the new build. I then loaded build 1 and the same thing. I loaded build 3 and it to shares the map formed from build 2.
I was really surprised by this as this is the first time I have seen save files "share data".
the phone takes a screen shot & puts it on your SD card
it stays there [in a Maps folder] until you delete it

so, it will be on all of your games...

i tend to delete all the maps every time i start over,
to avoid this & help guide my play.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

tek wrote:I am running 4.0.4 OS on my Galaxy S3.

I originally installed v0.6.12 as an update to v0.6.11 and continued previously saved games and I've not had any of the map issues the Sarumar has encountered.
I just created a new game and still have not seen any or those map issues.
I uninstalled and installed v0.6.12 clean and still have been unable to reproduce Sarumar's experience.

--------------------------------------------
What I did notice when I started a new game is all the maps that I was able to "form" from my 2nd build was available to the new build. I then loaded build 1 and the same thing. I loaded build 3 and it to shares the map formed from build 2.
I was really surprised by this as this is the first time I have seen save files "share data".
That is great to know that it isn't strictly a Samsung issue...I will add a comment to the Issues list.

As far as the map created in 1 save slot and being available in another - there have been a couple of people that have pointed this out. Along with the save games there is a folder called World map that stores the images. This is available to all save games. I have address a memory concern regarding the new maps, and have addressed this issue as well.

I think there has been previous talk of a Fog-of-war feature that would only show where the player has gone on each map within a certain visibility range. If the world map was automatically made available to all save games, but an overlay was added to each save game to cover the areas the player has not yet been, then that might be able to solve that issue.

There are ways to fix this, but it ultimately falls down to how involved this is wanted to be from a programming standpoint.

Another good point to discuss to bring up with the meeting though.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Here is another issue:

Every map after the mine is not showing-up in the world map. Prime/Blackwater maps do not appear on the world map.

Playing around with the complete world map is quite fun. It also shows the flaws in the connecting of the maps. Just east of the Iqhan cave where the river starts to head south, the southern banks & the northern banks don't lineup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Antison on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I am not certain about this being an issue...

Check an older post on the first page in Ideas forum...Fast Travel & overworld map or something. In there Oskar is quoted with something along the lines of because Prim/BWM area overlaps due to altitude of the layout, he was possibly looking into creating separate "World" & "Prim/BWM" overland maps. From there he could take it to underground maps of cave systems...
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Maps have an "outside" property that is used to determine which maps to display on the world map. If a map looks like it should be outside; i.e. has grass/trees then it should be shown, anything inside like a house/cave is not shown.
Antison

Post by Antison »

sdevaney wrote:Maps have an "outside" property that is used to determine which maps to display on the world map. If a map looks like it should be outside; i.e. has grass/trees then it should be shown, anything inside like a house/cave is not shown.
Scott,

So you agree that prim and Blackwater should be there regardless of elevation?
I would imagine that the Iqhan cave should not have the "outside" property, but it shows up as a seperate world map.
While other caves don't have a map or are included in the world map.
Last edited by Antison on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

tek wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Maps have an "outside" property that is used to determine which maps to display on the world map. If a map looks like it should be outside; i.e. has grass/trees then it should be shown, anything inside like a house/cave is not shown.
Scott,

So you agree that prim and Blackwater should be there regardless of elevation?
I would imagine that the Iqhan cave has the "outside" property, but it shows up as a seperate world map.
I titled the seperate world maps "map sections" here. I agree that there should be access to other map sections, than only the current one.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison

Post by Antison »

I updated my previous post for clarity
Last edited by Antison on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antison

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:Inventories of vendors are maintained until the map respawns.
Oskar,
Can you please double check that this is working? I bought 10 bonemeals and left the dialog window with the priest. Then I first closed the game for 5 minutes and went back to buy more. He said he had some but he did not. I then left the dialog window and left the church and kept the game open (staying in Fallhaven the whole time) for more than 3 minutes before trying again. No luck, his inventory was still empty.

EDIT: I just tried this again, this time with a timer. If you stay in the church the inventory never replenishes. Leave the church, wait three minutes and the inventory gets replenished. Although I am not sure if that consistently works.
mxman35a
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

6.12 alpha bugs

Post by mxman35a »

What I have found is when I was walking from loneford to the guard station (through the farms) I entered the guardstation page from the north ( farthest left of the farms then straight down) instantly I was booted from the game when I turned it back on I was back in lone ford... tried it again without the same response (not sure if I walked in my exact footsteps)

Then when I entered fallhaven from the west it just completely started glitching on me grass tiles went black when u try moving everything starts doubling and just becomes an utter blur stays that way even after i left fallhaven turned it after for the day and when I turned it back on it was good but anywhere I first visited when it was completely messed up when I go to the map it shows the grass as black....

Then the same thing happen again just east of fallhaven not even to the foaming tavern (sorry if I named that wrong couldn't remember exact name)