v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Post by Pyrizzle »

Kruncha wrote: Cheers, and yes, no encouragement needed :D

K.
If he teases you guys too much i am afraid we might have riots in the Fallhaven Tavern. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

Kruncha wrote:HTC Sensation XE on android 4.0.3.

I did remove the game and all saves before trying the new one, is it worth me trying it over the top of the old one for feedback purposes?

K.
Any thoughts on this? should I actively seek out errors?

K.
----------------------Combined posts----------------------------------------------------
Pyrizzle wrote:
Kruncha wrote: Cheers, and yes, no encouragement needed :D

K.
If he teases you guys too much i am afraid we might have riots in the Fallhaven Tavern. :lol:
:lol: I vote we bann blackwater brew :lol:

K.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined double posts, use the edit button to add. Happy hunting
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

tek wrote:Playing around with the complete world map is quite fun. It also shows the flaws in the connecting of the maps. Just east of the Iqhan cave where the river starts to head south, the southern banks & the northern banks don't lineup.
I have found that the map woodcave0 is missing from the world map. Apart from that I have only seen some missing or unaligned trees in the map joins.

Another reflection I had is whether it's possible to tie the map together fully. I don't mean that every gap must be filled. Rather that the great river must lead to (or come from) somewhere in the west and that region is already surrounded by Crossglen, Flagstone and Prim/Blackwater. And that several sections is effectively fenced in by mountain ranges or forests however, that can easily be changed by editing the maps.

An interesting thing I noted is that it's only three maps in the world map that you won't visit if you follow the outer lining of the world.
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Post by Usirim »

Some things to mentioned:

1.) I run into problems with the quest "Flows Through the Veins":
One of my Chars (named Oshgor, Lvl 18) cannot finish the quest - the priest won't give me the hint to speak with the drunk. Even reload the Char on an earlier Level doesn't help.
With another Char (named Duncan, Lvl 24) I run smoothly through the quest.
All Chars created with 0.6.11; Android 2.2.1, Samsung Galaxy Ace, no root

2.) With the Char Oshgor I recognized when I load a game the Skill Regeneration starts only after a fight. All other Chars are not affected by this issue - but all other Chars have at least on ring of lesser shadow. But since the Char has another problem too I guess it may be a savegame-file-related issue?

3.) With the changes of effects (counter now are running also within combat turns) the ring of lesser shadow became more powerful and negative effects lasts for an effective short time range since combat rounds are counting to duration.
For the ring of lesser shadow it is not a big effect - 1 hp per turn may not be of that much impact.
The negative effects may be affected more - I can't say at the moment; my high level Char in the spider cave is much too powerful to show the differences.

4.) I recognized that with the Regeneration of the shadow graphic effect (the red cross growing and shrinking) takes place after the health status bar has been updated, and before the +1 hp appears above the Char. Maybe this will show up with faster smart phone at the same time.

5.) I LOVE the map. The first thing I did after installing the new alpha was running with my high Level Char through all accessible ares to get the whole map shows. Then I recognized that with the lower Lvl Chars the map stays completed. I got no problem with that btw ;) but another User mentioned that the discovered areas of the map may be linked to the Char. If that will be the future way I think it may be an idea to discus to save the savegames in different sub directories for each different Char. The name of the Char could be the name for such a subdirectory and the map stored in this sub directory. It's just an idea... ;)

6.) the quick slots stay opened on the screen after closing the "quick slot chest". Another user favored to have the map button as the 4th quick slot. I like this idea. ;)

7.) the pull down/pull up buttons when fighting was in the beginning a bit irritating but now I got used to it. The longer a fight lasts the less I recognized it.

All in all I love the new 0.6.12. Great work :) :) :)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

...any progress... about fixing this messed up graph and map situation.... :(
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

haven't heard from Oskar since the meeting...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:haven't heard from Oskar since the meeting...

I feel sad... this is the first time when alpha (or any previous update) breaks the game :(
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

i dunno, i would be much more worried about someone coming at me with a blade...
than coming at me empty handed - unless it's some kinda Aikido Master?

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote:haven't heard from Oskar since the meeting...
This is surprising considering he is always quite active on the thread that announces an alpha release.
His lack of activity on this thread resulted in me logging a bug report on the project issues page as I am/was hoping he would see my concern there if he is not responding to this thread. A little impenitent...yes I admit to that.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote: (...) His lack of activity on this thread (...)
moving is brutal,
hopefully things are going along smoothly...

:shock:

i HATE moving...
i've done it FAR too many times already!

:roll:
"Embrace the Shadow"