v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation - Spanish

Discussions of the development process of the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Translation - Spanish

Post by rijackson741 »

Having a Spanish translation sure would be nice. That covers a good chunk of the world. Thanks for anything you can do with this.

I proof read and fixed the English in over 2000 strings for the 0.7.3 release. That was less work than translating them would have been, but the trick was to just grind away at them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
pahsito
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by pahsito »

Quizas puedas ayudarme, en la pagina para traducir ha aparecido una alerta que indica:

"Repository outdated.

The VCS repository is not up to date with the upstream one. Please merge changes manually or set up hooks to automate this."

¿quien podría actualizar el repositorio?

Maybe you can help me, on the page to translate has appeared an alert that states:

"Repository outdated.

The VCS repository is not up to date with the upstream one. Please merge changes manually or set up hooks to automate this. "

Who could update the repository?
Jedidja
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Jedidja »

pahsito wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 am estamos hablando de 7000 frases.... ¿alguien se anima?

Tengo animo! :D pero mi español no es tan bueno...
Ayer he probado de traducir algo como 30 frases de Vacor y Unzel con la ayuda de weblate.
Si será una ayuda voy a continuar.

---

i might help but my spanisch isn't quite good.
I've tried myself at parts of the conversation between Vaccor and Unzel and with the tools weblate offers (the suggested translation and translation in other languages) I made around 30 suggestions. :geek:
If this is helpful i could continue.
proofreading is unfortunatly nearly impossible for me :roll:
Bendor
lvl. 41 do you know the feeling, where you leave the house to do somethin, but then you're outside and don't remember what it was? :shock: ;)
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

pahsito wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:59 pm   "Repository outdated.

The VCS repository is not up to date with the upstream one. Please merge changes manually or set up hooks to automate this. "

I can, and I do it when it is needed. It isn't for now (code changed, but not the translatable strings).
You can ignore these messages. You can keep translating. Nothing to worry about for you.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
pahsito

Post by pahsito »

Zukero wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:38 pm
pahsito wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:59 pm   "Repository outdated.

I can, and I do it when it is needed. It isn't for now (code changed, but not the translatable strings).
You can ignore these messages. You can keep translating. Nothing to worry about for you.
Perfect!! Thanks!!
pahsito

Post by pahsito »

Good afternoon, little by little we are moving forward, I simply return this post to encourage potential readers to collaborate. We are 48.3% translated. Only 4644 phrases remain to be translated!

Buenas tardes, poco a poco vamos avanzando, simplemente retomo este post para animar a los posibles lectores a colaborar. Estamos en un 48,3% traducido. Solo quedan 4644 frases por traducir!!!
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Thanks for the good news.
Spanish is the most spoken language on earth, so this translation is really important. Thank you for taking care of it.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Zukero wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:16 pm Thanks for the good news.
Spanish is the most spoken language on earth, so this translation is really important. Thank you for taking care of it.
Actually, that would be Mandarin, with Spanish second and English a close third (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... population)

I totally agree with your sentiment though. A complete Spanish translation would be a really great thing for AT.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
pahsito

Post by pahsito »

Good morning,

Is there any way to track the phrases with each character? without having to play the whole game again, I explain, when translating is very likely that there are errors because of the genre, pronoun (in English the second person singular and plural is the same, and in Spanish, in some cases you can use the first and third person singular indistinctly), short phrases where there is no context and that when translating phrases only with the reference of phrases close in time, sometimes you do not know who has said a particular phrase.

Greetings

Buenos días,

¿existe alguna de realizar un seguimiento de las frases con cada personaje? sin tener que jugar todo el juego de nuevo, me explico, a la hora de traducir es muy probable que existan errores por causa del genero, pronombre (en ingles la segunda persona del singular y del plurar es la misma, y en español, en algunos casos se puede utilizar la primera y tercera persona del singular indistintamente), frases cortas donde no hay contexto y que al traducir frases solo con la referencia de frases cercanas en el tiempo, a veces no sabes quien ha dicho una frase en concreto.

Saludos
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Hello pahsito.

There is a great way to do exactly that, if you have a computer (windows, Mac or Linux). Install ATCS, our content editor and the source code of the game, and set up a project. The quick link in the box at the top will give you all necessary links.

When your ATCS project is set up, use the "File->Workspace preferences" menu to activate translator mode for your language. You will be able to navigate through all items and dialogues (check the dialogue tree tab for a NPC), view the current weblate translations, and have a link to the translation page for each string.