v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail on Blackberry

Discussions of the development process of the game.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Andor's Trail on Blackberry

Post by cccd3cpt »

Hello everyone,
Andor’s Trail will soon be released on Blackberry devices [Playbook, BB10]. As Andor’s Trail gets updated, we will be porting it to Blackberry as well. We will be updating the game on the BB App World as we go.

The game should be released on Playbook and BB10 by Nov 18, 2012
Last edited by cccd3cpt on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
McAndy the slasher
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail on Blackberry

Post by McAndy the slasher »

Uzahoor10

Welcome to the forums. Great to see the world of at spreading.

Love the toon emblem. Htl
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Haha thx McAndy. NUFC ftw!
So the app has been sent now waiting bb approval. I'll update when it is released.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:Haha thx McAndy. NUFC ftw!
So the app has been sent now waiting bb approval. I'll update when it is released.
Very cool. Welcome to the forums!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KermEd
android_version: 2.2

Post by KermEd »

Hi uzahoor10,

I have some questions if you don't mind. I was in the process of releasing this as well and I don't want to duplicate efforts. I've withheld my approved release from Appworld at this point until I can get a better understanding of your involvement.
uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:As Andor’s Trail gets updated, I will be porting it to Blackberry as well.
It looks to me like you are signing the Andor's Trail APK with your own signature key. Porting and Open Source, means you are authorized to recompile the source code. It does not allow you to modify or use the actual compiled libraries from a company. So I'm assuming you've got approval from the AT team for re-signing their APK.

If this is the case, what are your plans for BlackBerry specific bugs and changes going forward?
uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:I ask developers to also make these changes... Could someone just quickly add these changes to the .apk and send me the file ?
During the porting process, you should clone the source code to your PC from the respository. And apply these changes yourself. I would actually recommend you change the about information for only the BlackBerry version - as having your contact information would be irrelevent for the Android community.
uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:The game should be released on Playbook and BB10 by Nov 18, 2012
We both are aware that Appworld takes 24 hours to approve a release, meaning you submitted the Andor's Trail APK with your signature key to Appworld on the 17th. Which means you've submitted this as part of the BlackBerry Port-a-thon contents.

I'm assuming you are planning to donate the 100$ from BlackBerry to the Andor's Trail team (as I was)?

Thanks in advance, I dont want to push my version to Appworld if there is a pre-approved and communicated version coming down the pipeline!

Update: The reason I'm asking these questions, is I'd like to share efforts and work together on a BlackBerry specific release family over github. However, signing is something that I have easy access to, so I'm hoping to share the development work for changes that are BlackBerry specific.

Ed.
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Hey Ed,

To answer your questions, yes I have been talking with Oskar and Scott about this and have their full approval. Scott and I have been also talking about bugs on the \blackberry systems. And yes, I am now doing full porting myself. I was not at home because of some issues and just wanted to check out the version on the Playbook.

About the port-a-thon. Again I had some family issues to attend to and was off the dev scene for a while. I actually did not get the app posted on the BB world by the deadline because I did not have it tested on the dev alpha simulator and there were some issues. However, I have now released it on the BB10 system AND playbook system. [And it takes about 1-5 days for approval :)]. If I get any money from the BB port-a-thon event, I'll happily donate to andor's trail :D.

I\m glad we have some one else on the BB scene. I want to wait until the app gets approved and then we'll further continue the BB process.

Thanks

-------------------------combined double post---------------------------------------
Re-releasing AT today. [For BB]
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined double post. please edit last post and add onto it instead of double posting.
KermEd
android_version: 2.2

Post by KermEd »

Thank you for the detailed response, it helps a lot.

As mentioned in the PM, I anticipate it should port very smoothly for you. But if you need assistance at any point please each out.

I am looking forward to the release reaching BB10 & PlayBook and based on the quality response, I feel great about the work you are doing.

Best of luck to you and the team with the ports!

Ed
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Sorry for the unexpected hold up everyone. Blackberry recently had a mass number of apps and games to approve so the process of getting AT on to the BB Appworld is going slower than expected. Nonetheless, when we have AT on the market, we shall let you know :)