v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in french

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Translation in french

Post by Zukero »

You can speak French in here, but only with an accompanying English translation, for moderation purposes. The English can be approximative, no worries.

Weblate enables us to centralize all translations in one place for crowdsourcing, and helps in using a collaborative approach (several people can translate in the same target language at the same time without having to worry about merging both translations later).

Weblate is essentially a worry-free (for translators, not for me) front-end to edit the translations files.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Duvalon »

Ça facilite la collaboration avec plusieurs outils pratiques comme la recherche, la classification des dialogues traduit ou pas, le mécanisme de suggestion et révision, le glossaire, etc.

Et aussi c'est plus facile à utiliser que git, encore plus pour les non-programmeurs.
---------
It makes collaboration easier with tools like search, classification of translated or not, the suggestions and review mechanism, the glossary, etc.

It's also easier to use than git, especially for non-programmers.
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

So, if i understood well, if i want to help for translation i simply have to go to this website :

https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/and ... #languages

And translate in my language (French).
Am i right ?
Last edited by Lacrom on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Yes, correct. It would also help if you install ATCS https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4806. It allows you to view conversations as a tree, so that everything is in context, rather than just isolated strings.

If you want to do this, and need help getting going, just shout. If you are willing to help the project, we (the dev team) are willing to help you :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
arliantir
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by arliantir »

Hello,
I'm trying to get the french translation progressing.
There is a lot missing, but I managed to translate quite a few recently.
Is there anything to be done precisely when we add more translation? Or will you pick the latest version up when delivering the future release?
Nut

Post by Nut »

Thx for your work. 8-)
We always fetch the actual translations when we create a release.
Nut
Lacrom

Post by Lacrom »

Simple note aux traducteurs français : je suggère que chaque fois qu'un NPC discute avec le héros, il le tutoie, car il faut rappeler que le héros est un GAMIN, et que les adultes le tutoient. De la même manière, je suggère que le héros vouvoie les autres NPCs, à l'exception du gamin dans Stoutford qui joue à cache-cache (ou autres enfants dans le jeu)

It is a little bit complex to translate that in English... you simply have to understand that in French, there is a difference between "you" (singular : "tu" in french) and "you" (plural : "vous" in french). When a kid speaks to an adult, he has to use the "you" plural, it's the polite form. However, when an adult speaks to a kid, he can (and in fact always) use the singular "you" to speak to the kid. So I suggest (considering Andor's brother is a kid) that we translators shall use singular "you" when NPCs talk to the hero and plural "you" when the hero speak to any NPC

I am currently translating a part of the content, and I think it could be a good idea if I replace every "you" plural which is in an NPC sentence with a "you" singular. Bu that means I have to modify loads of sentences which sometimes are already translated in the game... may I ?
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
Nut

Post by Nut »

We have a similar mixture in German translation with Du and Sie.
I prefer the Du at most places, because I think that in medieval times it was common to say Du , just when you talk to important persons like kings, knights, ... the more formal address would fit.
But I don't want to talk you French translators into it.
Nut
Lacrom

Post by Lacrom »

What do you mean you "don't want to talk you French translators into it" ?
Nut

Post by Nut »

I mean: discuss and decide with the other translators (or are you the only French translator at the moment?)

I am not deep enough in French to decide, I just wanted to add the aspect, that the game is set in a medieval world
Nut