v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in German

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Gottkaiser

Re: Translation in German

Post by Gottkaiser »

Oh my god, finally, a answer :o
Sorry for this late post :(
(a) I have not found a better Translation, so far. Should not be changed.
(b) Perhaps "Durchschlagen" would work ( He strikes so hard that he simply cleaves the opponent and strikes another one) but it is not really great. I have no problem if we simply do not change it.
(c) I think you translated it great like it currently is, "Umgehen" is better than "Schleichen" IMO.
(d) +1
(e) +1
(f) How do you get this condition? Can't decide so far.
(g) +1
(h) +1
(i) +1
(j) "Betäubt" is probably better than "Betrunken" for Intoxicated, the word Intoxicated sounds more extreme than "Betrunken" IMO
(k) "Benommen" is probably better than "Betäubt" for Dazed, the word Dazed sounds softer than "Betäubt" IMO

Hope it helps :)
And hello cngunner, thanks for contributing, I have not enough time to translate on my own (as Samuel) but would also be glad to help a bit on improving the translations.

Edit: Could you post in this thread on which file you are currently working? You don't have to, but I would really like this, if possible. And it would possibly prevent others from double Translations :)
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Gottkaiser wrote:Oh my god, finally, an answer :o
Sorry for this late post :(
(a) I have not found a better Translation, so far. Should not be changed.
(b) Perhaps "Durchschlagen" would work ( He strikes so hard that he simply cleaves the opponent and strikes another one) but it is not really great. I have no problem if we simply do not change it.
(c) I think you translated it great like it currently is, "Umgehen" is better than "Schleichen" IMO.
(d) +1
(e) +1
(f) How do you get this condition? Can't decide so far.
(g) +1
(h) +1
(i) +1
(j) "Betäubt" is probably better than "Betrunken" for Intoxicated, the word Intoxicated sounds more extreme than "Betrunken" IMO
(k) "Benommen" is probably better than "Betäubt" for Dazed, the word Dazed sounds softer than "Betäubt" IMO

Hope it helps :)
And hello cngunner, thanks for contributing, I have not enough time to translate on my own (as Samuel) but would also be glad to help a bit on improving the translations.

Edit: Could you post in this thread on which file you are currently working? You don't have to, but I would really like this, if possible. And it would possibly prevent others from double Translations :)
b) What about "Durchschlagskraft"?
f) It's the famous RoLS that gives this Regeneration.
j) You are right: "Betäubt" is better then "Betäubung"
k) You are right: "Benommen" is better then "Benommenheit"

You did not give feedback about (l) and (m), but IMO they are very clear.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

Yeah, sorry have forgotten l and m but they really are clear :)
f) Regeneration der Schatten sounds better IMO, but I wonder if Ring of lesser Shadow really means that the regeneration is given by the Shadow, or that the regeneration is given by the fact that the Ring "lessers the Shadow" :shock:
b) Perhaps, but I would assume a skill named "Durchschlagskraft" to increase my damage, not to hit another enemy.
This word is really difficult to translate :(
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Samuel wrote:j) You are right: "Betäubt" is better then "Betäubung"
k) You are right: "Benommen" is better then "Benommenheit"
I added a patch here for this changes.
Gottkaiser wrote:Yeah, sorry have forgotten l and m but they really are clear :)
f) Regeneration der Schatten sounds better IMO, but I wonder if Ring of lesser Shadow really means that the regeneration is given by the Shadow, or that the regeneration is given by the fact that the Ring "lessers the Shadow" :shock:
b) Perhaps, but I would assume a skill named "Durchschlagskraft" to increase my damage, not to hit another enemy.
This word is really difficult to translate :(
f) So we will leave "Regeneration der Schatten" for now.
b) So we will leave it untranslated "Cleave" for now.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I think the issue with Cleave is that it really means to split something. i.e. you hit the mob so hard it splits in half. So the meaning of the name doesn't make much sense when used in the context of what the skill does. (+3 AP on every kill).

Any thoughts on a better name for a skill that gives you +3 AP on a kill?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

sdevaney wrote:I think the issue with Cleave is that it really means to split something. i.e. you hit the mob so hard it splits in half. So the meaning of the name doesn't make much sense when used in the context of what the skill does. (+3 AP on every kill).

Cleave is old rpg term. In WFRP it is feat witch allows you split first opponen and end you blow to another one :ugeek:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:I think the issue with Cleave is that it really means to split something. i.e. you hit the mob so hard it splits in half. So the meaning of the name doesn't make much sense when used in the context of what the skill does. (+3 AP on every kill).

How about Adrenaline Rush? (I probably spelled that wrong, sorry)

Because you are in battle you get a lil more pumped as the battle goes on alowing you to fight harder
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

Or maybe something like blood rage or berserk as you smell/see the blood of the dead corpse and begin to hit faster and more often :?:
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i would call it "Slayer" :lol:

[raining blood] :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

How about Free Hit, which is what +3AP really is with most weapons. Or Extra Hit. Or Restore Hit. Or Free Attack, Extra Attack or Restore Attack. Perhaps Restore Attack is the truest description of the effect of +3AP.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF