Next release v0.6.9 and beyond

Discussions of the development process of the game.
lord midnight

Re: Next release v0.6.9 and beyond

Post by lord midnight »

I disagree.

version numbers dont mean much to me.

I think we should focus on one thing at a time.

Oscar pretty much doubled the game world this release, it is a 'content' release.

Next release should focus on fixing stuff. Nothing Else.

After that should be improving gameplay.
AND/OR's ...
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

lord midnight wrote:I disagree.

version numbers dont mean much to me.

I think we should focus on one thing at a time.

Oscar pretty much doubled the game world this release, it is a 'content' release.

Next release should focus on fixing stuff. Nothing Else.

After that should be improving gameplay.
Why do you think that is a better release strategy than having the community pick their top couple things they want to see and going after those?
CaptainDoug

Post by CaptainDoug »

I think time is the real issue here. It's been almost 2 months since the last update which seems like forever. With this next release and how large it is it would be more bearable since we have a lot to keep us busy but I think in general, updates should be more often. If content is updated every say, 2 months, then there should be a good possibility of smaller updates in between, correcting bugs and such. Although adding content every time there was an update would be a dream, it doesn't seem realistic. There's just too many things to work on. I would never complain about receiving too many updates, i think updates just depend on how much the developers are willing to work on at a time. Greater organization and delegation of tasks can only increase output and that if there were development sections divided into (examples)maps, quests, dialogue, creatures, and bugs, then they could all release what they've done every month or two. I'm just throwing ideas around but as I am just a player, I can only suggest, not insist.
Kim

Post by Kim »

I summarized development management, wishes and version numbering almost 2 months ago on the issue tracker. I still think it applies.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... l?id=98#c4

In addition, I do not think we should target versions to a specific type like bugfixes or new content only. The developers (still only Oskar) work on their terms and whether thats most demanded by players or easiest coding or something third, is not something I care about. Getting game updates, of any kind, do I care about.
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Kim wrote:I summarized development management, wishes and version numbering almost 2 months ago on the issue tracker. I still think it applies.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... l?id=98#c4

In addition, I do not think we should target versions to a specific type like bugfixes or new content only. The developers (still only Oskar) work on their terms and whether thats most demanded by players or easiest coding or something third, is not something I care about. Getting game updates, of any kind, do I care about.
Right well this thread has gone off topic, it is supposed to be about what people want to see done in v0.6.9, not about what numbering system to use so lets get back to the subject at hand and please give us a list of 3-5 things you would like to see in the next release.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

I want to see optimization, bug fixes and speed improvment in 069 so 070 can be free to improve gameplay. Thats my vote.
AND/OR's ...
demon

Post by demon »

I think much much tougher bosses that will drop very good qualities of armor, weapons or gear. Make it progressive as you go through a dungeon have different level bosses and they get harder the deeper you go. Therefore giving the end result a completed quest item also. This would allow for longer and more intensive game play. After that additional and continuance of previously started quests would make the next version much more cumbersome for the gamer but give lots of time to the developers to work on future updating materials, maps, exc....
Danno

Post by Danno »

To the original poster

Dont get ahead of ya self too much theres only one thing this game needs at this minute in time and that is regular and consistent updates.

Have you actually read the android market comments nearly everyone has been eagerly awaiting an update for far too long and many people have uninstalled the game including myself since these forums are not so easily located from the game as you can see by the lack of visitors. Luckily i found my way here.

Concentrate on regular more frequent updates and keep your fans better informed this would be a good start....
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

I think everyone would agree that more updates would make everyone happier. Making an update like v0.6.8 for you as players gives me great pleasure, especially if the game is able to give you as much enjoyment as it apparently does. Reading from the comments on this forum and previously on the issue tracker, a lot of people have really good ideas about how we should continue to develop the game.

I would like to shift this discussion into a discussion of possibilities and rather than something else. We have a lot of opportunities at making this game even better than it already is, and let's focus on what things would make it even better.

Now, given that we developers don't have unlimited time ( I wish I had though :D ), I think the original question in this thread is very much justified. We will have to prioritize what things to focus on, and getting a list of the things that currently has the highest priority is very welcome.

My wishlist so far is:
[*] Some update on the content editors.
[*] More content. Either we do the road down to Mount Galmore, or we start connecting the main road with northern Crossglen.
[*] Temporary effects such as regeneration, poison or bless.
[*] Difficulty setting.
[*] Improve gameplay on tablets.

Looking forward to hearing your constructive thoughts on what you want to se in the next version, apart from more content.
/Oskar
/Oskar
EuC

Post by EuC »

Heyo,

I've got a question to the source code.
I know where to get it, but I don't know how to use it,I mean I don't know how to use it so that i can play it on my smartphone.

Nice Greetings

EuC