v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test v0.6.8

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Alpha test v0.6.8

Post by oskarwiksten »

Rumor talks of a lost treasure that once belonged to the lich of Maelveon. Maelveon used his powers to teach his apprentices the art of controlling the undead, but never got further than gargoyles before his source of power was stolen by one of his pupils. It is said that one of his pupils still has the power, but noone knows where Maelveon is, or what the apprentice looks like. Some say that the apprentice is still around Maelveon somewhere.

Has anyone found the ring of lesser Shadow yet?
/Oskar
nathan9393

Post by nathan9393 »

When you talk to the guard outside the Floaming flask tavern when you complete the spy quest you can keep getting experience
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Andor's Trail v0.6.8 alpha 2 is now available as a download in the same place as before:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

Changes in this version compared to alpha 1 is:
- Fixed conversations typos
- Updated broken quests
- Slightly upgraded stats on the stone armour

Hopefully we can find even more bugs before we release it to Android Market!

I also uploaded the source package bundle for v0.6.8 alpha 2, for those that want to study the source code or resource files.

Enjoy!

/Oskar
/Oskar
Peter

Post by Peter »

somewhere in the quest text, i saw a 'galled', where i probl would need to be 'called' (spellingchecker on the resources would sort out these things too :)

like the new text interfface, scales good on my 10'', it is a lot more tapping, a select+Next kind of control would be nice. also chooses like 'well whatever, goodbye', 'ok, really thanks, goodbye'+ next are bit redundant,since the 'leave button' is also available..

-- my 5 cts
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

villegard is in the southeast, I was told go to the southwest, from thieves guild guy in fallhaven. Sign above villegard says fallhaven to the south.
AND/OR's ...
CaptainDoug

Post by CaptainDoug »

Where would we find the ring of lesser shadow? I've killed every shadow trainer/master in there three times.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

a 'bug' I see is a bit of a balance issue. My main character uses very balanced stat growth, some HP, a level or two of block, some attack prowess and a bit of power, but none of them very high.

I cant damage a hardshell beetle except with a critical for 1 HP. Yopu are requiring an upgrade path of high power or needing expensive damage rings just to get into a dungeon or about the field.

Think if the guy who spent 8 levels on dodge so he could live longer, or the guy going for precision or whatever, 9 damage resist is nothing to pure power characters, but truly impassable for most everyone else.
AND/OR's ...
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

tested both alpha's, firstly when speaking to umar you can either reply, n or nice to meet you, not sure what n means? next, not all victory boxes show after a battle, but you still get exp eg: haunting in the shack just before the foaming tavern. someone posted new monster and bosses, only came across maelveon... am I missing an area? ring of lesser is this at lodars? cant for the life of me find his hideout, in letas basement there are notes saying meet me at lodars and apparently noone knows where he is! dunla says he is noone? l've killed all that I have found, tried pushing all objects... what am I missing! or am I just stupid and not seeing the obvious. also in vilegard when first arriving you can talk to people about stuff.. but they refuse to engage, when you win them over all they do is say thanks! what happened to the option to talk about andor?
marzeen

Post by marzeen »

I haven't been able to find lodar's either. The Shadow and the light, argh!
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

.. let us also not forget the almighty rocky path! where ever it may be, and the elusive guardian that longs to hear 'glow of the shadow' any clue mr dev or are we not able to complete this quest yet. maybe your just sat at home laughing at us for not being able to complete an incompletable quest! if so, well done ya got me! and a few others it would seem.