v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test Andor's Trail v0.7.0

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Alpha test Andor's Trail v0.7.0

Post by Pyrizzle »

Antison wrote:Has anybody spent crystals to get trained on a second skill? I did with my "quick strike" as he is going with a shield and obviously his dagger, I thought it made sense to go with the "shield proficiency" as well as the "light armor proficiency" skill.
I have no plans to use multiples with any of my other 5 builds.

Thoughts?
I haven't tried getting a second mastery for weapons or armor... but i could imagine that could lead to come seriously powerful combinations.

Right now i have:
New skills:
lvl 1 Dagger Pro
lvl 3 Light Armor Pro
lvl 2 Style Duel Wield
Old SKills:
lvl 2 Combat speed
lvl 3 Increased Fortitude

I chose to raise the armor skills before the weapons skill because i have pleanty of AC but can always use more BC. =) So far it has had a very positive effect on how my build works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Antison wrote:Has anybody spent crystals to get trained on a second skill? I did with my "quick strike" as he is going with a shield and obviously his dagger, I thought it made sense to go with the "shield proficiency" as well as the "light armor proficiency" skill.
I have no plans to use multiples with any of my other 5 builds.

Thoughts?
I haven't tried getting a second mastery for weapons or armor... but i could imagine that could lead to come seriously powerful combinations.

Right now i have:
New skills:
lvl 1 Dagger Pro
lvl 3 Light Armor Pro
lvl 2 Style Duel Wield
Old SKills:
lvl 2 Combat speed
lvl 3 Increased Fortitude

I chose to raise the armor skills before the weapons skill because i have pleanty of AC but can always use more BC. =) So far it has had a very positive effect on how my build works.
alpha test build:
-combat speed 2
-corpse eater 1
-increaced fortitude 4
-two- handed sword profiency 1
-axe profiency 1
-heavy armor profiency 4
-fighting style: two-handed weapon 2
-specialization: twi-handed weapon 1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Interesting selections Sarumar.

Which weapon(s) are you using? I see both 2 handed sword and Axe proficiency.

Antison: I forgot to mention that all the Armor i am wearing is Light except for my gloves.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I thought that I'd take a minute or two to share with you guys where I invested my proficiency skills for each of my 6 builds.

Tek (main/original build) (main stats in my signature)
1-handed sword (1 of 3)
heavy armor (2 of 4)

Atreyu (Critical hit build) (2nd stat set in my signature)
Dagger (1 of 3)
Dual wield (1 of 2)
light armor (1 of 2)

Grizzly (all offense) (stats are the 4th listed in signature)
Dagger (1 of 3)
Dual wield (1 of 2) (has 2 RoL, but not wielding both until i get to level 2)
light armor (1 of 2)

Antison (defense) (stats are the 3rd listed in signature)
2-handed sword
heavy armor (1 of 4) (plans to use shadowstalker when level 4 is reached, most likely at 72)

Ninja (quick strike build) (stats listed last in signature)
Dagger (1 of 3)
weapon and shield
light armor
shield proficiency

Skillful (Blackwater build) (my absolute favorite build) (stats are the 5th listed in signature)
Dagger (3 of 3)
Light armor (2 of 3)
Dual wield (2 of 2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyrizzle wrote: Antison: I forgot to mention that all the Armor i am wearing is Light except for my gloves.
Yup. My defensive build was using a few heavy and a couple light and because I decided to go for the shadowstalker, I needed/wanted to switch to all heavy armor. So i took a trip north and bought myself some heavy boots (where did i go? Guesses to where and what I bought?)
I told Oskar in a PM a few days ago that I love these new proficiency skills as they introduce a lot more customization and strategy and consequences....AWESOME!!!!!

Last edited by Antison on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:Interesting selections Sarumar.

Which weapon(s) are you using? I see both 2 handed sword and Axe proficiency.
After completed alpha i found that two-handed wielding style with light armour is really powerfull combination... So I wanted to try build heavy armour & two-handed character...

When playing this char.. (it is hard because less attack per round. ) My first goal was to gain Gutsplitter and axe profiency... After that :twisted: .... The evil two-handed sword.

--------------------------------Combined-------------------------------------------------------
I just started new character. IMO there schould be some "cloth" -classed foodwear too !

I dont like that my "shadow monk" build is forced to walk with barefooted :-)

...edited and added;

ahh i just found first "cloth" boots.. I hope that there are some other too ;)
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post combined
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Fala
android_version: 4.0

Post by Fala »

sorrow wrote:WOW!!!! I just started a new character ran to crossroad guardhouse to do the faygard errands and received 4000 XP. Before I ran there I was Lvl 1 now I'm Lvl 6.
It also works with "Flows through the veins"! The 15000 XP for solving that quest bring you to lvl 9 with only a few points away from 10 without engaging in a single combat.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

One fancy thing about the taste is everything quest; there is no item like "fur" do you mean "hair" instead ?

...edited:

IMO animal fur is much better than animal hair ;)
Sarumar

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:I just started new character. IMO there schould be some "cloth" -classed foodwear too !

I dont like that my "shadow monk" build is forced to walk with barefooted :-)

...edited and added;

ahh i just found first "cloth" boots.. I hope that there are some other too ;)
sewn footwear is all there is right now.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Again, thank you all for the excellent input!

The APK for v0.7.0 is now uploaded to Google Play, and all code is now pushed to both GoogleCode and Github.
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3976

For full reference, here's the changelog for what was changed from v0.7.0a5:
  • Map tile alignment tweaking (thanks Tomcat!)
  • Update the stone circles and the crazy guards' conversations after the Hira'zinn has been killed
  • Update quest to state animal 'hair' instead of 'fur' (Thanks Sarumar!)
  • Bugfix: Load all icons for monsters spawned on maps, even when they're not part of the list of monsters that may spawn on maps (can happen if you load a VERY old savegame)
  • Convert all indentations in code to tabs instead of spaces. (Yay for spaces-vs-tabs flamewar!)
As stated before, this release contains not just some really awesome fun features for the players, but also a lot of needed restructuring in the code. The changes in using JSON formatted resources and using PO files for translations will enable us to be much faster in the future when introducing new features and content.

Again, all of this would not be possible without all the energy from you people on the forums. Thank you yet again for all the good discussions!

.. and so the release cycle for v0.7.1 begins ;)

/Andor's Trail dev team
galluvton1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by galluvton1 »

can anyone help with the new quests?
i got to the bottom of the cave next to the stone formation, all i found was a tomb that said air was coming out of it. is that really the bottom?