Music for Andor's Trail

Discussions of the development process of the game.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Music for Andor's Trail

Post by cccd3cpt »

Hey guys,

I've just finished adding music to Andor's Trail. Now for those thinking "What, but I like it without the music!" don't worry, I've also added a mute option in the preferences menu.

The music is an open-source piece from tannerhelland.com. I've also asked for Tanner's permission and notified him of the use of the music. He is also given the proper credits in the about section of the game.

The music plays ONLY in the main screen. So like when you are moving around on the map and when you are fighting a monster. The music pauses when you open a dialogue, or any other menu (inventory etc).

The disable button allows the player to stop the music and enjoy AT like in the previous releases.

I'll be making a patch and submitting it to Scott or Oskar to look at soon.
I'll also upload the .apk file on to dropbox for those of you who want to check it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu722c0afoz5j ... hMusic.apk
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Music for Andor's Trail

Post by Sarumar »

hmm....

Sorry but i do not download any stuff when im not sure about what i will get...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Blackberry only!!!!!
I don't think and I hope oskar will never consider adding this to our code set.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

Uza good job but if Scott and oskar do accept it most likely no one would have it playing. Reason is most the people who play the game play it at work. and so they would have game sound being played. Then also it would make the game download even bigger hand harder to download for some.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

We have discussed music in the past and last i remember they said if we had the rights to the music and the addition didn't take up too much extra space that it would be considered. :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Oh well then maybe I'm wrong lol heck if I had all the gear I'd right it for them haha

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Post by cccd3cpt »

Haha, wow, this is only a suggestion guys, whether Oskar and Scott decide to incorporate it to the game on Android is up to them. But to answer you one by one:
Sarumar wrote:hmm....

Sorry but i do not download any stuff when im not sure about what i will get...
Well Sarumar, the file is only the .apk file for Andor's Trail... Nothing else I assure you. Only download it if you want, if you're not sure, then don't download it. Simple as that ;)
Antison wrote:Blackberry only!!!!!
I don't think and I hope oskar will never consider adding this to our code set.
Antison, no, this isn't BlackBerry only. I've made a patch for the Android release and have sent it to Scott. This means that the option will also be in the Android release and have it's separate 'code' without interfering with any other aspects of the game.
sorrow wrote:Uza good job but if Scott and oskar do accept it most likely no one would have it playing. Reason is most the people who play the game play it at work. and so they would have game sound being played. Then also it would make the game download even bigger hand harder to download for some.
Thanks for the first well thought out comment sorrow. But as Pyro mentioned, if we have the proper rights and if the addition didn't take up much room (which it doesn't), the addition would be considered. Good point about people at work though (but there is a mute option). And as I said, the music doesn't add that much size to the game.
Pyrizzle wrote:We have discussed music in the past and last i remember they said if we had the rights to the music and the addition didn't take up too much extra space that it would be considered. :mrgreen:
See above. And thanks for the comment! :)
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

No problem bud and your welcome

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

You're welcome! :Mrgreen:

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

dragejeger
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by dragejeger »

What a vallient effort. However, the main reason I don't want music in my games is the bloat factor.

I'm using the Samsung Victory 4G LTE with a 16gb sd card. The game did not install to the sd card. It does not save games to it either.

After all the Samsung and jellybean bloat apps, I only have 2gb of data (out of 4gb) remaining on the phone.

The sd card is worthless unless someone here can figure out how to implement it. At that time, it will have more on it than photos. :-)

So, please, until Andor's Trail functions in concert with the sd card on all phones, permit us to install a version sans music.