v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Music for Andor's Trail

Discussions of the development process of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Music for Andor's Trail

Post by PK17 »

Just move the files from your internal memory tl your SD card.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

And that only works for saved files and world map and not the physical game right?

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Post by cccd3cpt »

dragejeger wrote:What a vallient effort. However, the main reason I don't want music in my games is the bloat factor.

I'm using the Samsung Victory 4G LTE with a 16gb sd card. The game did not install to the sd card. It does not save games to it either.

After all the Samsung and jellybean bloat apps, I only have 2gb of data (out of 4gb) remaining on the phone.

The sd card is worthless unless someone here can figure out how to implement it. At that time, it will have more on it than photos. :-)

So, please, until Andor's Trail functions in concert with the sd card on all phones, permit us to install a version sans music.
Thanks for a thoughtful comment, dragejeger. I see your point totally. The game does get a little big with the music and the extra code (about 14.5mb).

For most, this still isn't too bad but yea, we have to consider EVERYONE. Maybe we can get a shorter music bit and just loop that? I'll keep on trying to reduce size but again, thanks for the comment.

(If you are willing, you can get your device to install the apps to your sd card actually. Read below.)
sorrow wrote:And that only works for saved files and world map and not the physical game right?
Well, you CAN install apps to the sd card but it's a little complicated (just a little).

Did a little Googling so I didn't have to write a tut myself and this one looks fairly easy to follow:

http://www.addictiveblogs.com/how-to-mo ... ng-device/
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

With some phone you can turn access to the internal memory off, so there is no option but to put it on the card.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

PK17 wrote:With some phone you can turn access to the internal memory off, so there is no option but to put it on the card.
Yeup, that also works :)
SkrikRunkarN

Post by SkrikRunkarN »

Hey guys, I havn't read the whole topic, just this page :)

But.. you could always play the music in the background when playing, like if you're listening to rock, punk or anything like that :P
I mean, from a musicplayer app -that way if you got a song theme that suits Andor's Trail, people could just download it and run it in the background :P

I mean if it's gonna loop all over the place, then it doesn't matter if it's in the file of Andor's Trail?

Hope I made my point easy to understand, I'm not always good at explaining lol
Moderation is perfection
That's my motto
Gluttony L65
WA:3/HH:3/CE:2/IF:5/EV:2/CS:2 ~ MP6/AP3/AC176%/AD74-85/BC15%/DR1 ~ RoLS:2 (179/1451 stone)/ShaF:2/ChaR:6
Patient L86
WA:3/CS:2/QL:3/IF:1/EV:2/RJ:1 ~ MP4/AP2/AC224%/AD92-98/BC-21% ~ RoLS:2/ ShaF/ChaR/VSH/SroV:4
Feel free to PM! :lol:
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

What this topic is about was AT having its own music like other games

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
valshaq
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by valshaq »

I'd find music an extremely good addition, adding to the atmosphere. Still today, I have some of the music of Ultima IV in my head.

And you don't need much space for music / sound effects (these old games didn't, either). Use MIDI: https://github.com/billthefarmer/mididriver
ValShaq 2014-02-10
Lvl: 38 XP: 1026607 AP: 12/2 HP: 91 AC: 233% AD: 23-31 BC: 64% DR: 2 Skills: IF: 2 Reg: 1 WP: 1 CE: 1 CS: 2 DG: 1 DP: 1 SP: 1 EV: 1
Eq: QSD, Wood Def, JoF, Lw chnm, Cr ir h, Vn's R, RoP, Hvy pl gl, Wdc b
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I think most of us here are in support of eventually adding the option of enabling music/sound effects in-game but considering the complexity of adding that I think it's best put off until after the core of the game as well as all content for launch are in place, tested, and running stable.

Or, if you're good with code and can tackle that project yourself and don't feel like helping with other parts of AT then by all means, jump on it and get us some good tunes. :D What we don't want to do is distract our current devs from their work on finishing AT but if a new developer wants to help with music and nothing else then we would welcome the assistance.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

fiernaq wrote:I think most of us here are in support of eventually adding the option of enabling music/sound effects in-game but considering the complexity of adding that I think it's best put off until after the core of the game as well as all content for launch are in place, tested, and running stable.

Or, if you're good with code and can tackle that project yourself and don't feel like helping with other parts of AT then by all means, jump on it and get us some good tunes. :D What we don't want to do is distract our current devs from their work on finishing AT but if a new developer wants to help with music and nothing else then we would welcome the assistance.
Actually its not complicated at all. I've already added the music to both the BlackBerry releases and have done testing on my android devices and it works quite well, requires only a few lines of code and doesn't increase the size of the game so much.

So basically the implementation and all coding is already done and present and maybe if we want it in the future we can simply pull that up.

However I have removed the music from the BB release for now to make sure the BB releases reflect the Android releases exactly but maybe itll show up again someday :D