v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

got bored with grinding, made a map instead

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: got bored with grinding, made a map instead

Post by Tomcat »

Yes, that looks great! Send the modified tiles you made to Oskar and Ian, too.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
red hatter
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by red hatter »

Thanks, glad it is so well received.

I like waterfalls, fountains, ruins, castles, ruined castles, castle gates, defensive towers, dungeons, hidden caves, secret passages, mushrooms, trees, fallen trees, dead trees, autumn colors, leaves, small lakes, enchanted forests, islands in rivers, mazes, labyrinths, secret gardens, lichen, liverwort, more mushrooms. Maybe I can draw some additional tiles for that as well as I'm tiling a map, but that might very well be too ambitious.

I'm thinking about a horizontal view of a waterfall with added white water, possibly a vertical view of a waterfall, maybe some rapids, a small waterfall coming out of a rock wall. If extra tiles are no problem at all then also a diagonal view of a waterfall, shifted half a tile down for use with rounded cave walls. I used the following eight tiles. (I don't know how this works regarding copyright, but I like open and free and not getting in trouble. The first four tiles are also derivative of an existing tile. What is prefered, needed? GPL, CC0, CC BY-SA, public domain?)

Rocks and such can be half hidden in the froth at the top and bottom of the waterfall.
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

red hatter wrote:Thanks, glad it is so well received.

I like waterfalls, fountains, ruins, castles, ruined castles, castle gates, defensive towers, dungeons, hidden caves, secret passages, mushrooms, trees, fallen trees, dead trees, autumn colors, leaves, small lakes, enchanted forests, islands in rivers, mazes, labyrinths, secret gardens, lichen, liverwort, more mushrooms. Maybe I can draw some additional tiles for that as well as I'm tiling a map, but that might very well be too ambitious.

I'm thinking about a horizontal view of a waterfall with added white water, possibly a vertical view of a waterfall, maybe some rapids, a small waterfall coming out of a rock wall. If extra tiles are no problem at all then also a diagonal view of a waterfall, shifted half a tile down for use with rounded cave walls. I used the following eight tiles. (I don't know how this works regarding copyright, but I like open and free and not getting in trouble. The first four tiles are also derivative of an existing tile. What is prefered, needed? GPL, CC0, CC BY-SA, public domain?)

Rocks and such can be half hidden in the froth at the top and bottom of the waterfall.
Those look great, red! I might like to use those in an area I'm developing, also.

If the game has rights to the original tile, then I think it's public domain, so if you're willing to put your modifications in public domain also, I think we're set. But Oskar and Scott are the experts on that.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
red hatter

Post by red hatter »

Some more, diagonal view waterfall tiles, a second version with the noticable repeat in the tiles lessened in case of a waterfall, three or more tiles wide.
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

Wow, that's looking even better! That's beautiful! I find myself looking for the rainbow and the unicorn ;)

Can you dress up straight-on (non diagonal) waterfalls that nicely, too? We should go back and prettify the ones in the northeast....
Norbert
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

this is just amazing...

the dev team works off Google Drive,
you wouldn't wanna share those extra tiles there - would ya?

(if possible)

i'm finally rekindling my work on Nor City & the more we have to work with the better...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

nyktos wrote: this is just amazing...

the dev team works off Google Drive,
you wouldn't wanna share those extra tiles there - would ya?

(if possible)

i'm finally rekindling my work on Nor City & the more we have to work with the better...
I am drooling to see Nor City taking shape, dude. Are you also connecting the main road all the way to the current world map, or is that a separate project?
Norbert
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

For the 1st time I'm seeing your work red. *claps* bravo red bravo

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
red hatter

Post by red hatter »

I'm working on the straight-on waterfall tiles. I'm not that good at graphics, it's just really basic editing using The Gimp. I can do: rearranging, clumping and recoloring and some basic photo editing. What I would like to do is the large trees in autumn colors and their combinations in the arrangement as a forrest. And later, far more (over) ambitious regarding my mad shopping skills, castle walls and gates. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make something that visually fits with the existing tilesets in the AT world though, but I will probably try anyway.

I just made a google drive account, don't know exactly how it all works yet, uploaded a png and that's it.

In the game I was walking through a cave and I saw all these helmets on the ground and I was wondering why I was carrying all these rocks, yet leaving all the nice shiny helmets lying on the ground. They fit perfectly in my bag of holding. A helmet should fetch a higher price than a bunch of rocks, I would think. So I edited the helmet tile:
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Tomcat wrote: Are you also connecting the main road all the way to the current world map, or is that a separate project?
it depends on how many maps get published from now till Feygard

the gate is on the west side of town, the trail leading to it will be coming from the north...

Edit:

it's great to see so much work on varying the tiles!
we can't just keep using the same images over & over...

i will be sharing my Nor City tiles on Drive soon!
if need be, i can display them here

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]