v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

gaining developement time

Discussions of the development process of the game.
lizardninja

gaining developement time

Post by lizardninja »

with so many fools bangin on about 'when will there be an update' not reallising the development team is quiet small, how about the next update be v.difficult for example, it could feature just one new building like a pagoda, being such would allow most of the floors to look the same, so not much work needed. on each floor a range of monsters that must be defeated and a boss ( maybe the same boss on each level as every time you beat him, he runs of upstairs) and each passing floor he gets tougher! next, you could also make it elemental themed (water requires you to have lightning blade) maybe after fighting each boss you learn a new attack with said elemental weapon.. the more powerfull the attack, the more ap required, lightning strike 3ap, bolt blast 5ap, electric combo 10ap. at which point your wondering how does buy time to get on with development? well once you've made one pagoda, you the have the plan for another 3 electric, fire and ice! all you need to do is change the colours of them to represent their elemental theme also you could make top floor boss super hard 5000hp, high critical chance and once defeated you get new elemental weapon for next pagoda! so when you need time to get on with things just release a newly painted pagoda that you already have the floor plan for, also people will have to battle more for gold to buy meds as when you go further up a pagoda the monsters below respawn, meaning you need much health products.. so alot of stocking and leveling required! giving the game longevity also gainging such weapons will give variations when attacking and may even shut up those who keep wanting spells! lets hope some of this makes sense.. as its annoying typing on a phone so I cant be bothered to keep editing, it should do! just an idea anyway.
lord midnight

Re: gaining developement time

Post by lord midnight »

Ill rough out a map....
4 barracks
pagoda3.png
1 assembly
pagoda2.png

***I changed these several times, these pics are latest version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AND/OR's ...
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

is the map above acceptable?
AND/OR's ...
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

hey midnight, nice work! sorry it took so long to reply.. phones been playin up! noticed a forum about 'epic' dungeons, thats sort of what I was gettin at with the whole pagoda thing, although having pondered on the matter maybe due to the medieval theme of the game maybe 'towers' would be more appropriate! either way they the nature of the layouts make the floor plans quite repetative, which means less hassle, where as multiple dungeons require much more work! but im not sure oscar is a fan of the 'unrelated-random-inbetween'upgrade-side'quests-idea' I aint seen a reply from him, I think we need to put more thoughts into this.. then BAM! we hit him with the good stuff so he cant refuse! I really like the idea someone came up with about unlocking shops in these areas. I just think it would be great to keep busy with something like this between updates, having something to aim for! ideas anyone?
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

o my original one was this it could be the merchant floor. this was going to be every floor but I made it less whimsical and more militant in the other floors above
pagoda.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AND/OR's ...