Content Editor FAQ

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Content Editor FAQ

Post by Moerit »

I would like to use this thread to explain the newest features of the Content editor (following: "CE") which are actually not explained in the beautiful wiki tutorials
This thread is to collect and share the knowledge of these new features - maybe this thread will be used as template for an updated tutorial.
I'll just start with timers, if someone has experience in the other features, feel free to let us know how these work. I try to keep this first post up-to-date.
  1. Timers
    • Just place it as a dialogue reward in the CE. Choose "Create timer" and set an unique ID. You can always restart the timer - Everytime the "Create timer"-reward is reached the timer is set to 0.
    • the timer counts in rounds (6 seconds per rounds)
    • Use "timer elapsed" in the requirement-box, type in your timers ID and the required amount of rounds to use your (activated) timer.
    • Timer actual do not end. An option (Reward) to stop a timer is in planning.
    • Timers do not run during conversations.
      open questions:
      1. Would an amount of running timers slow down the game?
  2. How does mapchange de-/activation work?
    These are quite easy to create.
    • Activate mapchange
      • Create a 'script'-object in tiled
      • Create the related dialogue in the CE, optional write a dialogue and choose "Activate mapchange" as reward
      • fill in the targeted mapname and name of the 'mapchange'-objects
      • Of course you can create a conditional evaluation as first dialogue as its usual
      • If you now step in on the related 'mapchange'-object: nothing happens
    • Deactivate mapchange
      • same procedure as above
      • only works when the 'mapchange'-objects is already deactivated
  3. How does the Spawncontrol work?
    • Spawn monsters
    • Remove Monsters
    • Stop spawning
  4. Issues:
    • Uncheck requirements do not remove the condition in exported code. Always klick "remove requirement" - related Topic
    • The left frame (i don't know if its the right term for that) should be enhanced. If i work on a file with a lot of dialogues, the newest one appear at the bottom of the list in the left frame - i have to scroll down to get there. When i click on it, my view is brought to the top again. When i like to edit another conversations i have to scroll down again. Sometimes im editing in the middle of list, then i have to search everytime again.
      Would it be possible to lock the view of the left side? Maybe its just a little change which would really help a lot with the annoying scrolling.
    • need a "clear-all"-button
Last edited by Moerit on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Content Editor FAQ

Post by Zukero »

Timers do not end, and run at each round (combat turn, or 6 seconds), so not during conversations.
I'm thinking of adding a timer stop/delete reward in the conversations though.

Replacement areas are activated when you enter a map and fulfill the activation requirement (quest step reached....).

What do you mean by spawn control ?
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
BadKarma
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by BadKarma »

Is the ATSC posted anywhere? I dont have my comp running yet its busted, and Id love to see the SC in script forum just to look at the coding of it. Anyway i can get it posted here?
Member 2666
"Only the dead are free"
Player: StaticX
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

If by ATSC you mean the source code, you can go to https://code.google.com/p/andors-trail.
You can also prepare a bottle of aspirin....
Note: this is completely off-topic, and will be moved to a new thread later on...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2