v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

new wiki page created

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

new wiki page created

Post by Ian »

Hello guys, I just wanted to let you know I have created a new wiki page about the world map of AT. There you can download the latest version of the world map to place your maps in there and examine how they fit in.
And sorry if there might be some mistakes, my native language is German ;)

http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... :world_map
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
noamik
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: new wiki page created

Post by noamik »

How do you create those world maps? I tried to open them in tiled but it didn't work out. Currently I export my maps images from tiled and stitch them in gimp to check how they align. However I would prefer to fit them in properly once I have ironed out where to put my work.
Ian

Post by Ian »

To open the world map: Check if the file branch is like that: res/xml and drawable in which you can find the tilesets. Place the map in xml and it should work.

It's great you are creating some maps. If you want me to have a look at them just send me them via PM. :)
Thanks to your question I've updated the wiki page with an elaborate guide on how to create a world map. Click the link from the original post.

Happy Hunting !
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
noamik

Post by noamik »

Hi Ian,

I've checked out the andors repo and I'm opening the worldmap from there. But tiled then says there would be an error on line 2 and that it wouldn't be a card file. I'm using version 0.9.1 of tiled.
Ian

Post by Ian »

noamik wrote:Hi Ian,

I've checked out the andors repo and I'm opening the worldmap from there. But tiled then says there would be an error on line 2 and that it wouldn't be a card file. I'm using version 0.9.1 of tiled.

I guess it's a problem with the path. Please ensure you have got a folder in which the drawable and the xml folder is located. Put the downloaded file in the xml folder.
I hope this will work for you. I've added this advice to the wiki page as well.
noamik

Post by noamik »

Wow, I'm so stupid, I always tried to open the worldmap.xml instead of the worldmap.tmx.

Now it's working just fine ...
Ian

Post by Ian »

noamik wrote:Wow, I'm so stupid, I always tried to open the worldmap.xml instead of the worldmap.tmx.

Now it's working just fine ...
Lol :lol: Well the files are named equally so you can muddle up things. ;)
But well it's great everything works fine for you! :)
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

If you use Windows XP or above, open a file explorer, then use the "Tools" menu -> "Folder options..." -> "View" tab -> Untick the "Hide extensions for known file types" box in the "Advanced settings" list.
Under Windows 7 or above, you'll likely need to hit the "Alt" key to have the menu with "Tools" show up.

This is really a bad choice on Microsoft to have this settings set that way by default. It enables hackers to send you "Document.doc.exe" with a Word document icon, and for you, it really look like a legit word document, so you open it, and boom, you got hacked.
This is one of the first thing I do on any Windows computer I install.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Ian

Post by Ian »

Zukero wrote:This is really a bad choice on Microsoft to have this settings set that way by default. It enables hackers to send you "Document.doc.exe" with a Word document icon, and for you, it really look like a legit word document, so you open it, and boom, you got hacked.
This is one of the first thing I do on any Windows computer I install.
Thanks for that hint! :)

I think as well that this is a bad choice of Microsoft and I can only advise you to look accurately at your downloaded file!
noamik

Post by noamik »

I never hide extensions, but that doesn't prevent me from being stupid when using Autocompletition in Tiled when typing the name ;)