v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Post by Zukero »

The hardest part in this is the "until the player rests" trigger. Sleeping can't trigger a script, and you have no way to know whether a player has slept since a given point in time.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Nut

Post by Nut »

"until the player rests" trigger.
If you find a solution please post the technic. I would like to use it too...
Nut
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Without the trigger, the only thing I've thought about is to put a script in the same tile where the "rest" mapevent is placed,but I think probably It will cause the player to don't sleep or to don't read the script...However you could put the script area around the bed and at least It will be seem that the player has slept.
Yes,this is not a great way to do that,but the best one would be to create (code) that trigger...And sadly I don't know how to code (yet...I haven't time for learning java :c)
Or maybe,make (code too) a dialogue reward with "rest" mapevent features (or just full health to looks like you've slept).
For the meantime I will use the script around as It's simple and and quick...

Now my crazy side will write instead of me:

Using keys,actor conditions and scripts,I believe It's possible to create a "Rest area".

Imagine a place(room) in AT where you rest.For example,the foaming flask tavern or Prim's Inn.
1.Put the script over a tile or tiles you are sure player will step on.
2.Put in the dialogue some words or whatever you want to say (or nothing if It's possible),plus these dialogue rewards:
2.1: First reward will deactivate the rest mapevent.In that way you won't be able to sleep.Yes,that seems absurd as you want to make the player sleep...But wait a moment please!!
2.2: Second and third rewards will activate two (or more if you need) mapevents. One (or more,depending on the location of the script) will be a key mapevent,which will make you to be stuck in that rest area until you achieve "x" condition,like in Mikhail's house (You have to talk to Mikhail in order to go out).That condition will be to "rest",or what is the same, stepping on the bed.
That's where third reward comes in! It will consist on a script located in the same place where the old rest map event were placed, that will show the character sleepy thoughts (yourself).In that dialogue you could just add the necessary reward to unlock the key area and the questProgress,gold...whatever.You could also give a chance to player whether sleep or not (and if not,He/She will still be stuck in that place,or...whatever as I said).
Even more,you could add a "Resting" actor condition that will recover all your HP in just one (or more) turn to make that "fake rest" more... real,and change the mapFilter too...Possibilities are wide I think.
Don't forget to create the last script area (Alternatively you can do that in the bed script) that will return things to normality!
Don't forget also to deactivate each script (with rewards) when conversation ends,to don't repeat again the process.
I expect to don't forget anything!
Greetings!

EDIT:
The activate/deactivateMapObjectGroup activates/deactivates an object layer,or a single object? I'm so confused with that.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

How would it work if ATCS was directly connected to the AT project on Github? If someone creates something on ATCS how does the creator simply send the finished content to their own branch visible to the other creators associated with the project on Github? Does Github need to be open source for that to work?
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

In the world of git, you have your local repository, and a remote repository on github. Assuming you are the only one with write access to your remote repository (which is not always the case; we have a couple of git projects where several of us have write access, but that is not usual) then you make changes in your local repository, and push them to your remote repository when you are ready to do so. Then everyone else can see them. Other people cannot write to your repository, so they have to push to their own remote repository, and then put in a pull request. Any remote repository can be private or public. If it's private, then only those with permission can see it.

ATCS has it's own structure for a project, which does not match the structure of the game sources. That is important, because it means that in you do not want your ATCS project folder to be a git repository that contains the sources. You have to export your ATCS project and copy the exported files to the appropriate locations in the git repository that holds the sources, then push those changes to the remote repository to that others can see them. An alternative is to set up your ATCS project folder as a git repository, and then create a remote repository for that project (but not the game sources). An example is here: https://github.com/Zukero/stoutford_combined. It is our work on Stoutford, for the next release. It's set up so that Me, Zukero, and Ian all have write access, but that means we have to be very careful when making changes, or we may trash each others work :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

I understand the first part and I can see the flow of steps that lead to the remote repository. Would it be possible to put in a pull request through ATCS that acts as a mediator for the copying of your local repository and source files (if they were the same structure) into the remote repository? Let's say if ATCS was connected to the Github servers or something and ATCS acted as the UI between what a creator creates and the final pull request. Or am I just talking nonsense?
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Not only is this far from nonsense, but it's actually an idea I have been refining for the past year at least. I think I have my plans laid out now, but will need to find a time frame with plenty of time to code it.
The general idea is the following :
- ATCS will clone the AT source in the workspace. You can configure one reference remote to read from (typically my repo), and another to push to (typically your own github fork).
- For each project, you can select a base branch, and whether or not you want to have the sources updated automatically for this project (it either points to a branch or a precise commit)
- For each project, ATCS will create a local branch based on your preferences, named ATCS_auto_projectname.
- ATCS will attempt to automatically export your ATCS project in the AT source branch.
- You'll be able to publish your to your github directly from ATCS, and maybe even open the pull request.
- A zip of the ATCS project will be bundled with the AT source branch, to ease review.

The point is to hide git, and let ATCS handle all the dirty details.

I can even imagine ATCS building the APK, if the user can provide the android SDK as an external tool.

But that's a lot of work...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

OMGoodness

Nice going, this is definitely something to cheer on! No pressure 8-) So it seems that it is perfectly possible to have ATCS directly work with git. ATCS will shape up to be even more tremendously useful for future creators. Zukero, good job!
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.8 released!

Added support for the new revenge strike feature and improved UI for defining actor conditions effect parameters (magnitude, duration, immunity, clearing status).
That's it.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Is there a way to create a new type of stat by altering an item using ATCS? If not, what are the capabilities of editing the JSON code for an item to reflect a modification to an existing stat? For example, with the following JSON code I got from ATCS

Code: Select all

{
    "id":"sword_fencing",
    "iconID":"items_weapons:13",
    "name":"Fencing blade",
    "hasManualPrice":0,
    "baseMarketCost":922,
    "category":"rapier",
    "equipEffect":{
        "increaseAttackDamage":{
            "min":2,
            "max":5
        },
        "increaseAttackCost":4,
        "increaseAttackChance":14,
        "increaseBlockChance":5
    }
}
can I somehow multiply the increased AD by typing "*2"?
Probably a really stupid question...
Voom