v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio - Win/Mac/Linux Content Edi

Post by DanielS »

Thanks for answer, Zukero. I asked because i think that Lauchpad isn't the best translation tool. Search tool doesn't work properly (always show me error screen), dialogs and quests are mix and cut (for example answer for the question in line 1457 is in line 1465) -it make translation much harder. And sometimes I've lost some of my translations (I submited translation and saw error screen).
I see that Ian change some line from some dialogue. Is anyone update it in Lauchpad? It will be more changes in the future? That's the reasons to translate AT direct from source code, not from Lauchpad. That's my attitude.
Sorry for little offtop.
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

In meeting #45 an new translation software had been suggested:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ion#p47541
But it has not been mentioned again.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

It is great this project is advancing so quickly due to the work of our awesome team member Zukero! Thank you! :)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I have a question. If I'm looking at dialog I can see if a particular reply has a requirement that the player must fulfill to get there. For example, to get to landa_1 the player must get to Loneford:25. If I double click on Loneford_25 it takes me to the quest Flows through the veins. I can then see the text that goes into the quest log at Loneford:25, but that does not tell me what a player has to do to get there. Is there a way to jump from progress ID 25 to whatever gave me that reward?

Edit:

A minor bug: when I first go to the Dialogue tree it's not visible. I have to zoom way out, and then drag it up and to the left before zooming in again. At a guess, it's something to do with screen resolution, because I'm on a laptop.

A couple of suggestions:
It would be nice if the dialogue tree showed additional information. The internal ID, next to each box, the requirements (if any) next to each arrow, and the rewards (if any) next to a phrase that gives them. It would save a lot of clicking back and forth.

It would be nice of the browser on the left scrolled to the relevant item when I double click on the tab at the top of the window for an item I already have open.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Good to have some constructive feedback ! Thank you.

For the progress jumping, sadly, you can only rely on the backlinks so far. What I mean is that once you are in the quest editor, you can see at the bottom all the objects that point to it. One of them is the dialogue that gives the quest stage as a reward. It's up to you to find it. I'll try to think of a way to improve that.

For the dialogue tree's minor bug, it's certainly not screen resolution related. It can be linked to your Java version. If you can publish (or PM me) your JVM & OS version details, I could try to reproduce it.

Showing internal id, rewards and requirements in the dialogue tree could be nice indeed, but I'll limit their display to the highlighted (hovered) dialogue, to avoid clutter, and keep it readable.
rijackson741 wrote:It would be nice of the browser on the left scrolled to the relevant item when I double click on the tab at the top of the window for an item I already have open.
Should be easy to do, and a nice addition too. I'll keep that in mind.

Keep'em coming !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Zukero wrote:For the dialogue tree's minor bug, it's certainly not screen resolution related. It can be linked to your Java version. If you can publish (or PM me) your JVM & OS version details, I could try to reproduce it.
JVM: Version 8 update 25 (build 1.8.0_25-b18).

I installed the 32 bit version of Java because I read somewhere that the 64 bit version may not work with some web browsers. I don't know if that's true, it's just what I read :D
Zukero wrote:Showing internal id, rewards and requirements in the dialogue tree could be nice indeed, but I'll limit their display to the highlighted (hovered) dialogue, to avoid clutter, and keep it readable.
You are right, that would be a better way of doing it.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Ian also experienced issues with Java 8. You could try with Java 7, but I don't know if it'll change anything.

A 64bits java will work just fine with a 64 bits browser running on a 64 bits OS. However, java in the browser is one of the favorite infection vector for malware authors ;)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
MrMouette
android_version: 4.3

Post by MrMouette »

Okay, I've been using this tool for a few hours and I detected a bug :

When creating a new quest inside ATCS, it comes with 0 progresses, the problem comes when I click the button to add one, it doesn't work. I manually added a blank progress line in the JSON file, then the button to add progresses worked.

The lazy way to correct this would be, when creating a new quest, to add a blank progress along with the quest. :)

Finally, it's really a great tool, congratulation on your work ;)

[Edit] : Okay, I just found another problem with ATCS, when I create a droplist, sometimes the number of drop chance is converted into a float. 15% become 15.0% in the JSON file. The problem with that is that the game crashes when loading the ressources.

Look : Image

The JSON :

Code: Select all

[
    {
        "id":"crossglen_bat",
        "items":[
            {
                "itemID":"gold",
                "chance":"15.0",
                "quantity":{
                    "min":1,
                    "max":5
                }
            },
            {
                "itemID":"crossglen_bat_blood",
                "chance":"100",
                "quantity":{
                    "min":1,
                    "max":1
                }
            }
        ]
    }
]
I still haven't encountered the issue anywhere else so I don't really know what can cause it.
A French student group working here for school.
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Hey ! Nice finds.
The drop chance thing is a mess both in ATCS and in the game code IMHO.
I'll have to change all that someday.

In the meantime, I finally put ATCS on GitHub, for all your eyes to see. I hope I won't be putting shame on myself by breaking the myth :D
It's there: https://github.com/Zukero/ATCS
Cloning it from eclipse should yield a usable project right away.

Edit:
By the way, I just fixed both bugs. It's on github.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Zukero wrote:By the way, I just fixed both bugs. It's on github.
Are these also fixed on the Windows installer at Google docs?