v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Post by ace »

if only God is as willing to improve humans as you are to improve ATCS..

Thanks for implementing font scaling feature :D :o
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.7 released!

Mainly simple UI bug fixes and improvements, where enumerated values like skill ID and visual FX are now selected through combo boxes instead of free text fields.

The biggest change though is the ability to set your own scaling factor that will affect most fonts and icons in ATCS.

To use it, you need to edit the ATCS.env.bat file (or ATCS.env on Mac and Linux). If this file does not exist in your ATCS install folder, start ATCS once as administrator to create it.
Then edit this file on windows, and find the line starting with

Code: Select all

REM set JAVA_OPTS=
and replace it with

set "JAVA_OPTS=-DFONT_SCALE=1.0 -Dswing.aatext=true"
On Mac and Linux (or other unixes), find the line starting with

#JAVA_OPTS=
and replace it with

JAVA_OPTS='-DFONT_SCALE=1.0 -Dswing.aatext=true'
You can then replace 1.0 by the desired scaling factor as a float value. For example, -DFONT_SCALE=1.2 for 120% font and icon size, or -DFONT_SCALE=0.8 for 80% font and icon size.

If no change are visible, you should try the different settings under the "View->Look and Feel" menu, as some work and others don't. On my Linux box, it worked well on Metal, Nimbus and CDE/Motif, but had almost no effect on GTK+. The available values depend on the Java version you use and on your Operating System. Try them all until you find the one you prefer.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

I just updated the binaries. I just forgot to change the version number in the code, so ATCS would keep telling you there's an update available even though you were running the latest and greatest.
If you downloaded before this post, you have the issue.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

ace wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:24 pm if only God is as willing to improve humans as you are to improve ATCS..

Thanks for implementing font scaling feature :D :o
Well I have a lot more fun coding than creating content, so if some coding can help others create good content, it's a win-win situation. That's what drives me in the development of ATCS, and why requested features often come to life long before planned features. There are many ideas I had on day one that I haven't even started coding yet :D
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Hi.It's me again!

Well,I've seen in last comments (And I know I've asked you about that) the new "factionScore" requirement.Just I want to know if that works like I think or way different:

I'm doing some quests related to a specific group of people in "x" city.So,I want this group to be a faction,for applying factionScore reward which is connected to alignmentChange reward...
If I call the faction "y" and set points in "10",then I can use this number to be a requirement for starting "z" mission.

But,there's not a way yet to add/remove faction score instead of setting it? I think that would be so useful...

And finally,about factionScore requirement: imagine a situation in which you have this 10 faction score.Does that mean if I've put as a requirement (in any mission or key) less score than that,game will ignore it,instead of considering I've exceed that requirement and let me "unlock" or "activate" that mission or key respectively?

That's all my questions for now.Thank you all again for your help!

Greetings!
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

The alignmentChange reward adds the reward value to the current score for the targeted faction. There's no way to set the factionScore regardless of the current score.

The factionScore requirement checks whether current score is greater or equal to the requirement value. If you need to check against a negative value, you have to negate the requirement.
Omicronrg9

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Talking about testing...
If I want to try all content I've created,I'll have to introduce all the .json in a clean AT and then build it with AS or Eclipse,right?
I'm not sure of how to do that as that's my first time using that programs,just I know to compile the game and try it on my phone I need to use one of them.However,I'm not sure of just including the content in the proper folders is going to be enough...
Any tips or advices?
Thank you,greetings!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Unfortunately, just including content in the appropriate folders will not make it show up in AT. The contribution guide: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560 tells you how to do it with Eclipse. If you are creating content for AT you should really read through this guide anyway.

Try to follow the guide, and if you get stuck please post a question in that thread. If you have a problem, others may have the same problem, so don't be afraid to ask :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Omicronrg9

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Ok,I'm going to read it,and downloading Eclipse too! (as I have Android Studio)
Meanwhile I have another question about an specific reward that changes the map color filter:

It actually works? I mean,I've not seen (Or not realised) any map which changes that fullfilling some condition,so I doubt whether it works or not.
If it works I don't understand why is not so much used...

The fact is I want to simulate a night period in x quest until player rests in an specific place,and change the filter in the affected maps to get a better "night sensation",while I block the non-changed maps with some keys, until the player sleeps (Or steps into a script next to a bed c:).

However,am I allowed to do that? It's permitted to do this?
I wonder about this, mostly because side-quests are less important than main storyline and maybe It's wrong to do a side-quest so extravagant...
Maybe It's an absurd thought,but I prefer to ask you people first.
Greetings!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 am Ok,I'm going to read it,and downloading Eclipse too! (as I have Android Studio)
I use Android Studio, but I am a real novice in it, so I would be a poor advisor. I'm willing to help if I can though.
Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 amMeanwhile I have another question about an specific reward that changes the map color filter:

It actually works? I mean,I've not seen (Or not realised) any map which changes that fullfilling some condition,so I doubt whether it works or not.
If it works I don't understand why is not so much used...
The color filters were introduced after 0.7.1 was released, so they are not used anywhere in the existing release. But yes, they work.
Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 amThe fact is I want to simulate a night period in x quest until player rests in an specific place,and change the filter in the affected maps to get a better "night sensation",while I block the non-changed maps with some keys, until the player sleeps (Or steps into a script next to a bed c:).

However,am I allowed to do that? It's permitted to do this?
I wonder about this, mostly because side-quests are less important than main storyline and maybe It's wrong to do a side-quest so extravagant...
Maybe It's an absurd thought,but I prefer to ask you people first.
Greetings!
You are absolutely allowed to do that. You are even encouraged to do it :D .

Side quests are very important. If the only quest was the main quest the game would have very little content :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1