v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

**a cursed path [quest for BWC]

Discussions of the development process of the game.

how much do you like the idea or quest??

very much
55%
interesting
45%
good
No votes
nice
No votes
average
No votes

Total votes: 11

ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: **a cursed path [quest for BWC]

Post by ace »

upadated a major part of the quest :)
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Melarec »

I thought up a way that could keep the player there to investigate without needing to change the game code. The only problem is, though, that it would have to be in a side area though..

I was thinking that perhaps the player could walk to the side to investigate a cave entrance. The cave could go in a couple of zones and the out again in a new area similar to Prim/BWM. Then, upon exiting the cave, the tile the player steps on could active a map change and say on screen, "A loud crash sounds behind you and as look back, the light from the other end of the cave fizzles out and is gone. You are trapped." And then the tile would also activate a timer that would cause it to remove itself after a second or two. Now, if the player goes back, there are rocks blocking the path. If he goes forward, he completes the quests and the people in the town clear the rocks away.

I suppose it could still be in BWC and be incorporated into the main storyline. Though, blocking the path would be more difficult. Perhaps a tree falls over the road? And the other ways out of the city/area are blocked by guards? Just a thought. Figured it would make things a bit neater.

Good quest, by the way!
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

Melarec wrote:I thought up a way that could keep the player there to investigate without needing to change the game code. The only problem is, though, that it would have to be in a side area though..

I was thinking that perhaps the player could walk to the side to investigate a cave entrance. The cave could go in a couple of zones and the out again in a new area similar to Prim/BWM. Then, upon exiting the cave, the tile the player steps on could active a map change and say on screen, "A loud crash sounds behind you and as look back, the light from the other end of the cave fizzles out and is gone. You are trapped." And then the tile would also activate a timer that would cause it to remove itself after a second or two. Now, if the player goes back, there are rocks blocking the path. If he goes forward, he completes the quests and the people in the town clear the rocks away.

I suppose it could still be in BWC and be incorporated into the main storyline. Though, blocking the path would be more difficult. Perhaps a tree falls over the road? And the other ways out of the city/area are blocked by guards? Just a thought. Figured it would make things a bit neater.

Good quest, by the way!
yeah, that could be possible. maybe the spell was not for sealing the house but to trap the monster and now its trapping peoples :twisted: .
nice idea :D but the problem is it will need some extra new maps. and somehow these would have to be incorporated into the original map.

and thank s for the complement.
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

the quest's dialogues/story are now complete and forum members are invited to post suggestions like melarec and every suggestion will be taken seriously :D.