**a cursed path [quest for BWC]

Discussions of the development process of the game.

how much do you like the idea or quest??

very much
55%
interesting
45%
good
No votes
nice
No votes
average
No votes

Total votes: 11

ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

**a cursed path [quest for BWC]

Post by ace »

A CURSED PATH

this quest is intended for blue waters city.

when the hero steps on the path which leads to the blue waters city the hero got a actor condition "the curse of the noble"
the curse of the noble
inc Attack Cost=+5AP
dec move cost=+5AP
dec DR=-10
dec attack chance=-200%
the quest depends on a criteria that when the hero steps on a path then a actor condition is inflicted on him and when he left that area,that is, he steps on another tile adjacent to the previous one will remove the actor condition.
there is a sign which when stepped on reads: "halt,no one shall step foreward,for the path is cursed,no one have survived". quest updated:"a cursed path" there is somethin wrong with entrance path of the BWC.i think i will investigate further about it.

if hero moves more foreward this message appears: i'm feeling very feeble i have to find some solution to this problem. maybe someone around here probably knows something.

there are some general monsters on the road like the serpants and boars and a dangerous ghost "ghost of the keeper "
ghost of the keeper
hp=154
move cost=5AP
attack cost=3AP
attack chance=220%
attack damage=5-6
block chance=70%
when hitting target on target 20% chance of bleeding wounds*4(3rounds)
30%chance of poision*6(7rounds)
after searching the nearby areas hero approches to "safehouse between loneford and brimhaven" and talkes to the guaward.

guaward:what.. oh, a visitor! 1.what is this place?
2.I have some izthiel claws to sell you.
3.do you know anything about blue waters city.
[if hero chooses 1/2 the default dialouges will appear]
[on choosing 3] guaward:Blue Waters! that's a name i've listened after a very long time.

guaward:I don't know much just some rumers.
1.then i will find someone useful.[exists]
2.and do they have any connection with reality?

guaward:it all depends if you are curious? are'nt you kid?

1.i'm not kid. mind that.
2.yeah i'm curious tell me old man. 3.very curious,what you have to tell me.

1.guaward:i'm not gonna tell a baddie anything[exists]

2.guaward:i'm not oldie,kid[exist]

3.guaward: so you are curious and i'm running out of my supplies. I think we can have a deal in exchange for information.

1.so you want some golds. what about 150(bribe).
2.don't you think that i'm gonna run your errands.[exist]
3.hmm,a deal.ok, what do you want?

1.guaward: oh.. no,no!
2.guaward:then go away kid.[exists]
3.guaward:as I told you that i'm running out of supplies so if you can get me 10 loafs of cooked meat,10 bottles of milk and 10 green apples then i can tell you something useful.

1.no way![exists]
2.ok,I will.

2.quest updated:["a cursed path"].

[quest log: I think gauward might know something but he wants me to bring him 10 loafs of meat,10 bottles of milk and 10 green apples.]

guaward:what about my supplies? 1.i have 10 loafs of meat for you. 2.i have 10 bottles of milk.
3.i have 10 green apples.
4. no i don't have anything for you.[exist]
5.i think i will put my sword through your neck then might you speak.[exist]

[after giving all the needed items to gauward]

gauward: so did you get them?
1) no not yet.(exists)
2)no,but i will.(exists)
3)yes,here you go.

gauward:thanx! (busy himself putting the supplies)

1)so you are about to tell me something..
2)arrgh! old man im gonna kill you (exist)

1.gauward: yeah! what i know is a story though i belive in it but it depends on you believe or not.

1) im sick of stories.
2)you don't know that someone tried to tell me a story in loneford chapel and i killed him.
3) i very intrested in stories. you may continue.

1.gauward: do you want to listen or not.
2.gauward:you are a devil get out of here.
3.gauward: once in BWC. there was a person called FeCoIr. he was a very honest person and was very populer for his honesty though he was also famous for his necklace. it was belived that he found it in a fish liver. when he got old he gave his necklace to his one and only daughter. in a night a traveller approached him and requested to let him stay for a night.
gauward: the kind man permitted him unaware of trickeries.
next day FeCoIr found his daughter dead and the necklace and the traveller were nowhere to found. seeing his only daughter dead the old filled with revenge and said that if ive been honest throughout my life than no traveller must enter this city..

gauward:and then fecoir died but his words became curse though the natives buried him outside the city and after that day no one was able to enter the BWC and those who tried to enter just weren't able to withstand even a snake .

gauward: that's all i know though!

1) ah!the story ended. i was nearly going to kill you (exists)
2) thanx for the story.(exists)
3) is there a way to lift the curse?

gauward: hmm! i have listen that only the one who cursed can take back the curse but Fecoir is dead.

1)thanx anyway.(exists)
2) no other way?

gauward: let me think. hmm, what if we can talk to the ghost of Fecoir. no no it will be too dangerous.

1) nothing is dangerous for me.
2) nothing is dangerous than me.

gauward:if that's the case then i think that you must meet Talion he is a shadow priest last time i met him nor city but nowadays he is in one of the towns in south though i don't know which one. so if you get him tell him that ive send you.
talion is in loneford

Talion: shadow be with you.
1)do you have anything to trade.
2)gauward sent me. can u help me?

Talion: oh my old friend? what do you need my boy.

1) I want to talk to a ghost.
2)oh! i forgot that.
3) im working on this.
4)nothing bye(exists)

1.Talion: what a ghost. no talking to ghost is impossible b'coz ghosts don't talk they only fights sometimes to you and sometimes for you.
Talion: but it is possible that if you can find the body of that ghost we might be able to do something.
2.Talion: make ur mind.
3.Talion:make ur mind.

1).you mentioned that ghosts can fight for us how is that possible?
2).yeah i think that i can find the body. Gauward mention that his body was buried outside the BWC

1.Talion: oh! with the help of the shadow everything is possible but the details of these types of things are only known to the shadow priest of highest ranks.
talion:by the way it was nice to talk to you.(exist)

2.Talion: well you are not making much sense but since Gauward is involved in this i will help you anyway.
Talion: so what i can is that i can make ghost re enter his body and talk. so make ur mind if you need my services b'coz this is going to be tough.

1) nothing is tough for me.
2) you can't do much.(exist)
3) i don't how tough it is but i will do it any way.

1or3.. Talion: good, but I'm out two ingredients only so i need you to bring 5 bones and a gem of warmth. that's all i need now hurry.(exist)
quest updated:["a cursed path"]
quest log: Gauward told me a fancy story but i'm believing in it and taking help from his friend Talion but 'as usual' Talion need some bones and a gem of warmth.

hero can acquire a gem of warmth from ash spawns in charwood mines.

[after bringing the above mentioned items]

Talion:do you have those things?
1)yeah here.
2) not yet(exists)

1.Talion: now now (mixes some ingredients along with bones and puts the ingredients on gem of warmth).
Talion:(now Talion starts to mumble something and suddenly gem of warmth starts glowing. now all ingredients are turning into red liquid.)
Talion: talion quickly puts the liquid into an empty vial.

Talion: now this is ready "the red water of reanimation". here take it.

you gained an item.

Talion:now listen carefully sprinkle this water on the grave you talked about and be careful.
(exists)
part 1 ended.

[part2] - -

when you stumle upon the grave of Fecoir this message appears:

you sprinkles the “the red water of reanimation” on the grave of Fecoir.

at first sight,for some moments, nothing happens but you feels a strange sensation you try to take a close look of the grave but suddenly out of fear you jumps back. a rotten corpse rise slowly,
unaware of your presance the corpse mumbles something. the flesh and bones of the rotten corpse falls on earth and the thing that remains is a half transparent ghost.

now there's a new npc in the map.
_______deadly ghost of fecoir_____
AP:12
AC:4
AD:10-11
attack chance:

Ghost: arghh! wwhy... summonned me? wwhat wwant mortal?...
Sppeak fasst...

You:1) I come across a story that you forbidden the strangers from entring into the BWC.

2)tell me how can I enter in BWC.

ghost:1)nno.. I triedd... stop murdderer..

ghost:2) kidd wwants to enter.. in the
city..
showw me.. your powwer.

You:1)what murderer? what are you talking about? tell me everything.

you:2) ok.. what I have to do?

ghost:1) nnot.. nnoww? but.. if you hhelp.. mmy frienndd...

ghost:2) bbring 10 khhakin eyes... 10 bat winngs anndd irddeghh poisonn glanndd.

You:1)what favour?

You:2)ok.. (exit)
[if you brings the eye and the wings the conversation will continue otherwise the ghost won't talk. the poison gland will be needed later.

ghost:1) finndd gyleww... nnear a riverr.. hhelp hhim..

you: 1) ok.. (exit)

============================
there are two ways to continue first is hard and second is straightforward. do tell me which path you chose.
============================

after bringing the items--

ghost: (takes all items) jusst thhiss anndd a ddrop of poissionn.. nnoww take itt anndd ffinndd gyleww.. hhellp hhimm.

[item recieved 2 antivenom potions]
[antivenom:cures 5×venom for 6 rounds
10% chance of minor berserker rage]
::::::::::conversation with gylew::::::::
gylew: 1) beat it, kid you shouldn't be out here.
cough.. cough.. (coughs heavily)

you: 1) ok.. I'm going.

2)what happened to you?

gylew: nothing.. just the effect of a nasty venom.

you:1)here take these potions(give antivenom potion).

2) can I help you?

3)I'm going now(exist)

gylew: 1(drinks the potion) thank you, kid. but where did you get the hold of this, my friend Fecoir also made them for me, once(looks sad).

gylew:2) yes, can you please help me get rid of him(points to the other person). he is attacking me too often now.

you: 1)I know him. he gave me these potions and asked me to help you.

2)sure.

gylew: 1)but he isn't alive. how could he?!

you: yeah, it was his ghost who told me to help you. now your cough is gone, so I'm going.

gylew: hey, stop please. looking at the weapons you hold and also you made your way to here through all these Izthiels I summoned you are powerful enough to help me.

you: 1)what's the problem?

2)what do you mean you summoned the Izthiels.

gylew: 1) you are seeing that person (points to other person), he was once my best gaurd but something happened and he turned to a monster from inside and lose his sanity. now he is just a threat to everybody, please kill him. that venom was also from his attacks.

2) I would tell you everything after you help get rid of that person.

he was once my best gaurd but something happened and he turned to a monster from inside and lose his sanity. now he is just a threat to everybody, please kill him. that venom was also from his attacks.
you: 1)ok.
2)sure, I will do that.
attack cost=3AP
attack chance=240%
attack damage=10-12
critical hit skill: 23
critical multiplier: 2.5
block chance=110%
DR: 5

when hitting target:
on target
30%chance of poision*6(7rounds

heals 4-5 hp on every successful attack
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
drops 5 major potions of health
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
after killing the henchman

gylew: thanks a lot. you helped me alot. take this as a reward.
msBootz
these belonged to a forum member.a tribute to kayla. loved ones will always be remembered, rest in peace.
Inc AC: 10%
DR:2
Inc HP: +5
dec move cost:1

gylew: so are you still interested in my story or want to go to my friend.

you: 1) I will listen your story.
2)I'm leaving.

[if the player didn't acquired antivenom potions]

gylew:2) ok, say to him that I miss him alot.

[if the player acquired the antivenom potions]

gylew: 2) ok, say to him that I miss him alot. also you can get more potions from me just if you can bring the ingredients needed.

gylew: 1) me and fecoir were friends while he belonged to a noble family I was the son of a priest of the nearby town's chapel . I had mastered the spells and stuff while he excelled in healing. one day we heard of a strange monster around the river areas so we decided to take him down just for adventure purpose.
but it was our luck or better badluck we found him in first attempt. so we started to fight him but soon we learnt that it was impossible to defeat him for us because he healed himself so quickly but fecoir told me to use a spell and so I did.
I changed him into an amulet, on first sight it looked like ordinary one but soon we realized that it had a special aura which affects the gold and gems near it, these things increased on their own. I realized that it was the curse the amulet carried and I suggested to destroy it but Fecoir insisted to keep it.
my fault was I let him. actually that monster took its power from the human greed and the sorrow it gives. and that monster was planning to collect enough power to break through the spell's curse even when his body was petrified and soul caged. but there wasn't any bad effect to notice.

Fecoir spreaded the rumor that he found that thing in a fish leaver.
he gave that amulet to his daughter.
after some time I felt inside me that my spell was nearly broken.
I hurrily approached with my gaurd to the Fecoir's town and called him. he wasn't at his house but at the tavern, there I told him what is about to happen and we hurried to his house.

there at the entrance I gave him scroll of the sealing spell and told him to wait outside and seal the house in case of emergency.
and he immediately prepared me his special anti venom potions and thats where I learnt first how to prepare them.
me and my guard entered in the house and I screamed out of horror, he had already killed the Fecoir's daughter and inch by inch came towards us and attacked us. my guard falled on the ground bleeding and eventually died as I thought first and I become unconscious. Fecoir on seeing all this read the spell, hastily and he mistaked. the spell didn't worked.

but I soon came to my senses and used a forbidden spell that had never been used in thousand of years. it merged the soul of monster in my guard's body,destroying the monster's body completely. and that was the hugest mistake I made.
I felt that the guard wasn't died and now there were two souls traped in a single body, the spell can be used only with one soul and one body if the monsters body had not been destroyed I had the chance to separate the souls again.

so the effect of all this was that there appered a portal and we both were sucked into it and were thrown here.
and that's when all these Izthiels started to appear from the river and somehow they possessed the skill to counterattack the monster's healing skills. but it was much easier to hold off the monster because he was weakened. me and Izthiels are stopping him whenever the monster's soul took on the body but whenever he was about to die he goes off and gaurd started to see the nature. this was happening again and again but hopefully you appeared and it all ended.

after all this the player reaches Fecoir

Fecoir: sso yoo helpedd hhim.. thhank youu kidd.
noww hhere takk itt.
[item received: old scroll]
Readd itt revverrse.

The player reaches near the road where the same message appears
but with this option

" i'm feeling very feeble i have to find some solution to this problem.
1)read the scroll"

If player chooses to read then the following msg will appear otherwise he can leave

"you murmurs the words the written on the scroll from end to start. now you are feeling lite.it seems a lot of souls thanked you".

and then the scroll will be removed from the players inventory and he will have his way to the awesome city.
Last edited by ace on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
noamik
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: **a cursed path [quest for BWC]

Post by noamik »

Wow, that's a pretty cool quest line so far. I like how you make a mystery out of it.
I'm a bit unsure about your actors condition concept. Is it to prevent the player to advance since mobs on the way suddenly become too strong? And will this actor condition be removed once your quest line is completed?
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Tomas 3 »

I like this quest is a good challenge we can make also some ghost adventurers for example
archer ghost
assassins ghost
sword man ghost etc...thinking for more monsters
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

@noamik: yeah,this actor condition is to prevent players to advance further, and i hve also part two of the story in which actor condition is removed.

i posted this part of quest just to make sure that it is good or not.
my exams are from 16 sept. so for now i have to prepare for these but after sept the second part of the quest will also be revealed.

the cause of dividing the quest in two parts is that my lappy got a bath in swimming pool and this is reall hard to type on my little android.
noamik

Post by noamik »

ace wrote:@noamik: yeah,this actor condition is to prevent players to advance further, and i hve also part two of the story in which actor condition is removed.

i posted this part of quest just to make sure that it is good or not.
my exams are from 16 sept. so for now i have to prepare for these but after sept the second part of the quest will also be revealed.

the cause of dividing the quest in two parts is that my lappy got a bath in swimming pool and this is reall hard to type on my little android.
Ok, so very strong characters might just chose to advance being strong enough anyways. So it's a good idea to add a notice to investigate further.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

There are some pretty cool ideas in this.
The dialogues needs some rewriting for english correctness and to fit the tone of AT, but I could definitely see this evolving into something that may be included in the game.
However, it is not (yet?) possible to apply and remove actor conditions when entering or leaving a map or area.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

@zukero if this kind of feature can be added to the game then it will add new lvl of fun and challenge for both new and old players .
the reason behind why I posted it here is that I wanted to see the mistakes I have made and if this idea is good enough for game but i'm waiting for a reply that includes the corrections, maybe you can do that if you aren't much busy sir.
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

I'd also like to have this feature done. Actually, it was one of the working features of my scripting engine prototype.
I actually am overwhelmingly busy with both AT life and real life so this is why the scripting engine work grinded to a halt, hopefully temporarily. My current priority is getting ATCS released and then v0.7.2.
Don't worry about the English corrections, this is a minor issue that you will get help for once everything else is taken care of.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
noamik

Post by noamik »

@Zukero: would you share your work on the scripting engine prototype? Maybe I will find the time to look into it.

It's not urgent anyways. My current plans for bwc are to complete mapping by end of November. Even if no delays occur, this would mean that the I would start to add NPCs, quests and so on not before start of December. So if the feature would be available somewhere around early 2015 it would still be early enough :-D
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

It's in my github repo, under branch atscript_engine_initial. This branch is currently based on a very old version of the code (last December IIRC).