v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

(2017 edit) Sorting & Categories for Inventory/Shop/Skills (Pics inside)

Discussions of the development process of the game.
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Re: (Added Pics) Sorting & Categories for Inventory/Shop/Skills

Post by twirlimp »

Ok I updated the main post with pictures.

Let me know what you think.
ideas plox
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I like it. It makes it much easier to find stuff. Putting jewelry in with armor seems a little strange, but I don't carry much of either around with me so it doesn't matter much. One suggestion is that if you choose the same sort order a subsequent time it reverses the order (e.g. price is high to low, but if you choose price a second time it goes from low to high, if you choose it a third time it goes high to low again, etc).

I like having the unequipped items go to the top. I switch weapons quite a lot, and having them go to the bottom has always been annoying. I agree with you that new loot should not go to the top though. I don't want small rocks to appear at the top every time I get (yet another) small rock!
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

rijackson741 wrote:I like it. It makes it much easier to find stuff. Putting jewelry in with armor seems a little strange, but I don't carry much of either around with me so it doesn't matter much.
Yeah I didn't think it'd be worth creating a new category for jewelry.
BUT. If you sort the armor tab by "Type" then it will separate armor into shields, armor, and jewelry!
rijackson741 wrote:One suggestion is that if you choose the same sort order a subsequent time it reverses the order (e.g. price is high to low, but if you choose price a second time it goes from low to high, if you choose it a third time it goes high to low again, etc).
I actually tried adding this yesterday but it didn't work so I shelved it aside.
Now that someone mentioned it I guess I have to get working on it :P
rijackson741 wrote:I like having the unequipped items go to the top. I switch weapons quite a lot, and having them go to the bottom has always been annoying. I agree with you that new loot should not go to the top though. I don't want small rocks to appear at the top every time I get (yet another) small rock!
Exactly :P

I think a difference between unequipped items and new loot would make sure that most-used items go to the top and unused items stay at the bottom.

I might make it a preference setting for new loot to go at the top, but I don't think there's much support for it.
On the other hand, unequipped-to-top seems like something nobody would object to.

For example, how often do you equip something that isn't a favorite? 1/1000?
And how often do you find loot that's actually going to become a favorite? 1/1000?
I'm not objecting to anybody's preferences, but I think the default settings should be dictated by the broadest common preference, and then we can customize according to people's preferences.
ideas plox
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

wow the inventory is much easier to use now, thanx.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail