v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

How do I become a member?

Discussions of the development process of the game.
ejwessel

How do I become a member?

Post by ejwessel »

In the sense of becoming a member to gain access to the SVN and checkout/commit projects. Its open-source yes, but I believe I need authentication. I've looked throughly through both the google site and this forum and am unable to find such information. Please let me know the necessary steps. Thanks.
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: How do I become a member?

Post by Johan »

There is a source-code package for v0.6.8 here: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

And if you want the latest source you need svn as described here: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/source/checkout

So you don't have to be a member to check out the source and if you like to make contributions you can post patch files in this forum or mail them to Oskar.
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Ah thank you so much for that clarification. How is it however that you do become a member? Is it after significant contribution?
Kim

Post by Kim »

I think you are confused. Andor's Trail is a google code project, which means to interact (aka write) with it you need to login with your google account but viewing (aka read) is available for everyone.

If this is not what you meant with "become a member" then please specify. Become a member where and to do what ?
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

Kim wrote:If this is not what you meant with "become a member" then please specify. Become a member where and to do what ?
You have to be a member of the project to be able to check out files with read/write permissions. Currently, only Oskar and sdevaney are members.
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Where are you looking?

If you are looking here within the forum, they are site administrators.

You should be able to download as mentioned above if you are on the google.code site.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

I think I got it now...
I meant to ask how to become a member to access the svn repository and download from there instead of the http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list page.

I was using plugins: subclipse and one other(forget the name) and both downloaded the directories but none of the files could be read, they just kept showing up as question marks.

I ended up just downloading the source directly off google and importing the project into eclipse. But it makes sense now that there are only two "members" of the project on google oskar and sdev and that they are the ones with read/write permissions to the repository.

Thanks everybody, was just a little confused on how the code management was set up. ;)