v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translators' feedback & opinion needed

Discussions of the development process of the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Translators' feedback & opinion needed

Post by rijackson741 »

roberto wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:38 am In short: to produce a good translation the translators need to have the complete view of the conversation tree and not only one sentence here and the correlated sentences after 20-30 sentences. Sometimes, the conversation generate a "decision node" and to reply "yes/no" generate 2 different possibility to talk that bring to further "decision node" and so on. It is necessary to have a "flow chart" of the whole conversation and for this, weblate is not the right one. In my Honest Opnion.
See here, towards the end of the page: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4806&start=270
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
zizkin
android_version: 7.0

Post by zizkin »

I agree, for me, combination of Weblate and ATCS is the easiest way of getting context.

Nut, in my mother tongue you can mostly find a workaround for the troublesome issues with gender. I try to do it. So the translation done word-by-word of "I can handle myself" is gender dependent, but if changed it to "I can handle it" or "I can handle the problem" then it is valid for all cases. I try to check if such change is possible and if the changed meaning is still the same. This is not easy, but I think it is possible in most cases.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Great. Yes, that's what I had in mind, a translation that is ok for playing a boy or a girl.
In German it should be possible, there are only a few words to be changed (eg Junge to Kind).
The English version also has some (eg boy to kid), but it should be rather easy to find and change these too.

I have in mind to get a gender indipendent version, but put it back for later after next release.
It might not work for all languages, but won't be bad for those languages where it is possible.
Nut
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Voom wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 am
Zukero wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:36 pm
  • #1 - What do you think about Weblate, our new translation platform? Is it easy to use? Is it working well?
  • #2 - Do you feel the need for better tools to gain context from a translatable string in Weblate?
Is Weblate used for other projects or for the translating needs of other software/programs? If this translating tool is used by many people throughout the world, then wouldn't it be neat if previously translated words or phrases of a specific language are displayed as suggestions to future translators of the same language. For example, if the word "light" has already been translated into Bulgarian as "светлина" in a different text for a different purpose than AT, then when I hover my mouse over the word "light" as it's shown in a Weblate sentence to translate for AT, "светлина" would pop up as a button to insert into the text box if I decide it's correct. Does that make sense?
I finally received an answer to my question from weblate. See below.

[support.weblate.org #194] [Hosted Weblate] Suggestion
Inbox
x
Michal Čihař via RT <rt@weblate.org>

3:56 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hello

There is currently no automated way for this, but you can add such words to glossary and they will be show while translating. In future this might be also enforced as quality check, see https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/1297

Best regards

--
Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/
Voom
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Voom wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 pm There is currently no automated way for this, but you can add such words to glossary and they will be show while translating. In future this might be also enforced as quality check,
Wow, seems like slightly sub-par translation was used here too. :lol:
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Lol, i guess so. It took a long while to get a reply. Probably didnt have the time to use a translator... idk
Voom