v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Prim after Guthberd's death

Discussions of the development process of the game.
carceris-magister
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Prim after Guthberd's death

Post by carceris-magister »

As an early entry into code contributions, I was thinking of making the dialog in Prim a little more passive-aggressive after Guthberd's death. When you try to talk to people, they'd switch to saying things like

"What have you done?"

"Why? What did we ever do to you?"

"Get out of my store. I want nothing to do with you."

There would be no change to game play itself (the merchants wouldn't trade with you anyway at that point).

Thoughts?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Prim after Guthberd's death

Post by Zukero »

It's the kind of small touches that give a lot of depth to the game yet are not particularly interesting to make. That would be great, especially if BWM's counterpart received a similar treatment.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
carceris-magister
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by carceris-magister »

Great! I'll give it a try, and send you a pull request if I manage to get it working.
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

carceris-magister wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm As an early entry into code contributions, I was thinking of making the dialog in Prim a little more passive-aggressive after Guthberd's death. When you try to talk to people, they'd switch to saying things like

"What have you done?"

There would be no change to game play itself (the merchants wouldn't trade with you anyway at that point).

Thoughts?
Yeah, I was thinking about that. It's like I kill Guthberd and then I go to a villager walking around outside and talk to them.

Are you here to help us?

YES! I mean I was.

Sort of annoying. I expected them to attack me or something. :lol:
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Firefly84

Post by Firefly84 »

T-rex2298 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 am
carceris-magister wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm As an early entry into code contributions, I was thinking of making the dialog in Prim a little more passive-aggressive after Guthberd's death. When you try to talk to people, they'd switch to saying things like

"What have you done?"

Thoughts?
Yeah, I was thinking about that. It's like I kill Guthberd and then I go to a villager walking around outside and talk to them.

Are you here to help us?

YES! I mean I was.

Sort of annoying. I expected them to attack me or something. :lol:
Ever tried this after the last updates? There are some changes, like the guards are attacking you all over the settlement.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

Firefly84 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Ever tried this after the last updates? There are some changes, like the guards are attacking you all over the settlement.

Not in Prim because I favoured them ( I've favoured Blackwater before the update though) the guards everywhere in Blackwater attack me which is thoughtful. Which brings me to ask - why do you need the Forged Papers for Blackwater when after you kill Harlenn you can just maime the gaurd gaurding the temple enterence anyway?
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I've never looked into it but my guess is that you can't enter the temple without the papers, even if you kill the guards.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1