0.6.9dev

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: 0.6.9dev

Post by Antison »

I completely agree with scorpionz.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Czar Kloos

Post by Czar Kloos »

I could tell what it was at first look cuz of the shadow but like I said, putting the tower behind the building would look good.
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I am afraid that I agree with ScorpionZ. Aside from removing the foreground with the greenery, road and fence, and a grey square in the doorway, I do not see any difference from the first image. The tower still does not really look like a tower in front of the rest of the building. I think it would work best visually to have the tower on one end. I think that having the tower in back of the rest of the building would have some of the same problems that occur now, although it sounds good. If an end tower would make the building too long, the other end could be L-shaped and come forward.
But if this design is "set in stone", (pun intended :) ) I am sure we will all be perfectly satisfied to play with and in the current structure.

I do not think there is any problem with the bridge ends, although I agree a less "busy" water pattern would be better. Maybe that could be changed when the new tiles are available for the future release.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Kim

Post by Kim »

Samuel wrote:2a) The tower (north of crossglen) looks strange. It looks not really 3 dimensional. But I don't really know how to improve it. Perhaps it should have another texture, so that it could be separated better from the house behind it. (Image: Tower)
I think the tower will look better if the height was reduced a little so the roofs appear as one. The other suggestions of moving it to an end and/or placing it behind are also good ideas.
Samuel wrote:2c) The water texture looks a little bit strange. It should be far less noisy. (Image: Bridge and Water)
Its too bright. Looks more like gem/crystal, or something else that belongs inside a cave/mine, to me.
Samuel wrote:2d) The endings of the bridge in the north are not really seamless. (Image: Bridge and Water)
All outer edges on the bridge are too sharp. Rounding and/or anti-aliasing is needed. The entry/exit points needs a connector between the dirt and metal of the bridge - maybe some wood ledges or the points going into the dirt.
Samuel wrote:4) I really love the quickitem slots. I miss a counter how many items are left, beside from this they are really great.
Yes a counter is needed.
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
john wee

Post by john wee »

when could we have a beta version?
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by moe »

maybe it wold work if you reduce the shadow on the building, if you just draw it smaler.

____
roof I
----Ixxxx___
IxxHouseI
Ixx------I
Ixxx____ I
____IXXX

a little bit like that the x are the shadow