v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

0.6.9dev

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

0.6.9dev

Post by Samuel »

I had manually compiled the new version from the source and wanted to give some feedback:

1) Thanks for all efforts!
2) About new maps.
2a) The tower (north of crossglen) looks strange. It looks not really 3 dimensional. But I don't really know how to improve it. Perhaps it should have another texture, so that it could be separated better from the house behind it. (Image: Tower)
2b) The houses inside seem to be way bigger than they look from outside. (compared to previous houses)
IMO their outside should be enlarged. (or is this my imagination)
2c) The water texture looks a little bit strange. It should be far less noisy. (Image: Bridge and Water)
2d) The endings of the bridge in the north are not really seamless. (Image: Bridge and Water)
Perhaps there could be a guard building (or something) on each side to hide the hard edges.
The bridge in the south looks great.
2e) The new maps sometimes look a little bit
- to symmetric (all possible chairs around a table are there, etc)
- to much (5 beds one beside the other, to many buckets at fountains)
- to many crates (IMO they should be used rarely - I never saw a crate standing around...)
2f) There are several exceptions when I read signs or speak to people. Or want to enter the next map on the map where the red guy is standing around.
2g) I like the big plains and farms. Also the river is nice done.
3) I would like to know how the effects work from ingame. I think I know what poison mean. But I didn't figured out the effect of "dazed" yet.
IMO there should be an overlay when I hover or click on an active effect. (Or there should be an ingame (effect) wiki.)
The effects look good and will add depth.
If I am right currently the only way to discover how they work is to check the source code.
4) I really love the quickitem slots. I miss a counter how many items are left, beside from this they are really great.
Should I be able to equip something twice? (Meat on slot 1 and 2 at the same time?)
Should I be able to heal if I have full HP?
5) Could you add an option to switch the language? Sometimes I want to see the English original sentence.

I really want to help and not make everything bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
michischmid2000

Re: 0.6.9dev

Post by michischmid2000 »

Thanks a lot for this reply, i'm trying my best to give every single map a special look, but the number of tile images i have are limited.
For example this was the only tile i had that looked like water...

I'll try to set a more asymetric look for the future maps and try to make the whole scene look smother.
The houses follow the general rule that the inside shows up as twice as large than the outside to give us more room for details and a lot of npcs. Should i also change this?

Reply is always welcome! ;)
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Can anyone design tiles? Or are the images fixed.
~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
michischmid2000

Post by michischmid2000 »

Oskar granted me new tiles for version 0.7.0 :)
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

I'm not all that great with coding or technical aspects but I'd been doodling with a few maps and such (on graph paper), I wasn't sure if one could submit additional tiles to be used or not.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
taws34

Post by taws34 »

For the tower, you may need to just move it to the left or right end of the building, and change the interior map.

I think it would be a little easier :)
Level: 24, Experience: 261279, Gold: 4009, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 55, Attack chance: 127%, Attack damage: 22-23, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 39%, Damage resistance: 1
Czar Kloos

Post by Czar Kloos »

Or put the tower behind the building so u can distinguish the height
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13
taws34

Post by taws34 »

Czar Kloos wrote:Or put the tower behind the building so u can distinguish the height

I actually think that idea is a good one.. I think it would look pretty cool :)
Level: 24, Experience: 261279, Gold: 4009, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 55, Attack chance: 127%, Attack damage: 22-23, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 39%, Damage resistance: 1
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Does this look better?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/Oskar
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

oskarwiksten wrote:Does this look better?
I personnally am going to go with "no". Even though I knew that it was supposed to be a tower, it took me a second or two to figure it out. Upon comparison of the first and second picture, I cannot tell the difference.

I am not sure what needs to be done, but what you have really doesn't work. (But it will work if you say it is what I have to play with! :D )

Although the idea of placing the tower behind the building would be worth looking at.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945